ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 06:13 AM   #15061
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer
 
30Bones's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Marion, IA
Oddometer: 4,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
Well my local (30 miles away) BMW dealer might be able to remap it. Waiting on a call back from the tech there that sounded promising in a voice mail. saves me a 4+ hr road trip....
They are out. His voicemail was sounding positive. I called back and mentioned remapping the EFI and he said no faster than I have ever heard.

Off to springfield next weekend
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:19 AM   #15062
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8
 
fritzcoinc's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress, Tx
Oddometer: 6,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by papsck
The sidecar isnt removable it is a one piece chassis that has been modified to fit the Husqvarna parts.The chassis is a three year old one called a VMC made in Holland.Yes the front end weighs more than conventional forks but they stand up to the rigours of sidecar racing better.
How well has the engine held up under the additional load of the side car?
__________________
Regards
Fritzcoinc
96 XR650L, 96 Guzzi Sport, 07 BMW K1200GT,
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:41 PM   #15063
arandpi
Andy Spandy
 
arandpi's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Oddometer: 16
temp gauge problems

hello there

probably somebody did discuss this before but I dont find anything.
I've a '08 TE 610ie.
my problem is that the water temp gauge on the head is breaking quite often.
following simptoms:
- difficult to start
- mileage drop extremely
- radiator fan starts also when teh engine is cold
- the lambda gauge breaks

is enough to do offroad for a few hours and the thing parts.

they are not so expensive and I've always 2 in my belt bag.

BUT ther should be a solution for this.

At the beginning was bad, HSQ would just replace the thing and the lambda.
Than somebody with knowledge did a remapping, removed and plugged the lambda and since then the consequences are not so bad and cheaper (the lambda is expensive)

ANYBODY knows the problem?

thanks

andy
arandpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:49 PM   #15064
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer
 
xymotic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Federal Way, WA
Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by arandpi
hello there

probably somebody did discuss this before but I dont find anything.
I've a '08 TE 610ie.
my problem is that the water temp gauge on the head is breaking quite often.
following simptoms:
- difficult to start
- mileage drop extremely
- radiator fan starts also when teh engine is cold
- the lambda gauge breaks

is enough to do offroad for a few hours and the thing parts.

they are not so expensive and I've always 2 in my belt bag.

BUT ther should be a solution for this.

At the beginning was bad, HSQ would just replace the thing and the lambda.
Than somebody with knowledge did a remapping, removed and plugged the lambda and since then the consequences are not so bad and cheaper (the lambda is expensive)

ANYBODY knows the problem?

thanks

andy
How do you know this has happened? My bike has many (all) of the symptoms you describe, this is the first explaination I have heard of for my low mileage.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Sean
Oh for ***k's sake Aaron. Please link us to my fascist, racist or homophobic posts.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein


Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:56 PM   #15065
arandpi
Andy Spandy
 
arandpi's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
How do you know this has happened? My bike has many (all) of the symptoms you describe, this is the first explaination I have heard of for my low mileage.
This is what I've been told by the husky mechanics who did my remapping to take the lambda out.

his explanation is that as soon as the system sees the temp sensor defect it has to assume in the same time that
a) the engine is too hot = fan full blast
AND
b) the engine is too cold = the fuel/air ratio is increased like with the choke on

If you have the lambda in than the fuel rich exhaust will destroy it quite quickly and than everything get very bad because the system don't know anything what the engine does.

sounds you have the same problem.
arandpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:17 PM   #15066
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Flashman1's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Tucson
Oddometer: 5,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by arandpi
This is what I've been told by the husky mechanics who did my remapping to take the lambda out.

his explanation is that as soon as the system sees the temp sensor defect it has to assume in the same time that
a) the engine is too hot = fan full blast
AND
b) the engine is too cold = the fuel/air ratio is increased like with the choke on

If you have the lambda in than the fuel rich exhaust will destroy it quite quickly and than everything get very bad because the system don't know anything what the engine does.

sounds you have the same problem.
Kinda makes me happy I have a carb.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #15067
firefight100
Husky te610
 
firefight100's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Florida
Oddometer: 63
Makes me glad I have a Power Comander. I set all my fuel flow with my laptop.
And if I don't have the laptop? I can use three push buttons to set it.
__________________
Lifes a bitch! Then you die !
08 TE610 HUSKY
Previous rides
Polaris 400 Scrambler
250 HARLEY DAVIDSON
441 BSA VICTOR
72 250 X6 HUSTLER SUZUKI

Currently in Sunny Malabar Florida
firefight100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #15068
Lav1200
Pig Pen
 
Lav1200's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Calgary, Canada
Oddometer: 1,202
Shock rebound damping adjustment...

My bike is in pieces and I forgot to note what side the shock rebound damping adjustment (bottom of the shock) was on when I pulled the shock for servicing. Can anyone tell me if it matters in terms of ease of access for adjustment? Is one side easier than the other to gain access to it?
__________________
'11 Gas Gas EC250
'06 KTM 950 Adv
'79 Laverda 1200
Lav1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:00 PM   #15069
Geek
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft, Twin Spruce Gap, Colorado
Oddometer: 29,834
Off the top of my head I seem to remember you want to have your rebound adapter on the NON-CHAIN side so you can actually get to it to adjust it down on the bottom

Mine (and some others) came backward from the factory and I had to disconnect/switch it.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:26 PM   #15070
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!
 
Boatman's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Petersburg, NY and Woodbridge, VA
Oddometer: 9,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek
Off the top of my head I seem to remember you want to have your rebound adapter on the NON-CHAIN side so you can actually get to it to adjust it down on the bottom

Mine (and some others) came backward from the factory and I had to disconnect/switch it.


Yup,,,

Mine was on the left and it was just about impossible to adjust.
__________________
08 KTM 950 SE, 09 KTM 950 SE, 04 KTM 950 ADV, 10 Husaberg FE390, 66 Kawasaki B8S Super 150

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:57 PM   #15071
Lav1200
Pig Pen
 
Lav1200's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Calgary, Canada
Oddometer: 1,202
Geek & Boatman - thanks. I got to take better notes when I'm ripping stuff apart.

17,000 km on the original shock - figured it was time for a refresh. It's off getting some fresh oil and nitrogen while I refurbish the accumulated wear and tear on the rest of the bike.
__________________
'11 Gas Gas EC250
'06 KTM 950 Adv
'79 Laverda 1200
Lav1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #15072
elgato gordo
KTMRFS
 
elgato gordo's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: ABQ, NM
Oddometer: 484
Just replace my temp sensor also at about 1300 miles. It was very hard to start but did not notice the fuel mileage changing. I don't have the lambda sensor in and have the resistor wired for the power up mod. Also did not see the fan on a lot. Seems to start better but i was down in Phoenix last time I tried. Like you say easy to replace but PITA to have to bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arandpi
hello there

probably somebody did discuss this before but I dont find anything.
I've a '08 TE 610ie.
my problem is that the water temp gauge on the head is breaking quite often.
following simptoms:
- difficult to start
- mileage drop extremely
- radiator fan starts also when teh engine is cold
- the lambda gauge breaks

is enough to do offroad for a few hours and the thing parts.

they are not so expensive and I've always 2 in my belt bag.

BUT ther should be a solution for this.

At the beginning was bad, HSQ would just replace the thing and the lambda.
Than somebody with knowledge did a remapping, removed and plugged the lambda and since then the consequences are not so bad and cheaper (the lambda is expensive)

ANYBODY knows the problem?

thanks

andy
elgato gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:38 PM   #15073
Geek
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft, Twin Spruce Gap, Colorado
Oddometer: 29,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lav1200
17,000 km on the original shock - figured it was time for a refresh. It's off getting some fresh oil and nitrogen while I refurbish the accumulated wear and tear on the rest of the bike.
Where did you send the shock and do you mind me asking what it is costing to get fresh oil and a nitrogen recharge?

Mine desperately needs the same...
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #15074
not-A-clue
n00b
 
not-A-clue's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Sydney Australia
Oddometer: 5
I am now part of the elit

Hi All

I picked up my shiny new TE61o last night, I can not wait until the weekend to get it dirty.

Cheers

Craig
not-A-clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:52 PM   #15075
icebergstu
Husqvarna Tragic
 
icebergstu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: South Australia
Oddometer: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by not-A-clue
Hi All

I picked up my shiny new TE61o last night, I can not wait until the weekend to get it dirty.

Cheers

Craig
Welcome to the forum Craig!!

Take some pix on the weekend and post em up!!

Stu
__________________
Husqvarna TE610 Adv
Husqvarna WR 300 2T
Honda CT110

icebergstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014