Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2010, 11:46 PM   #15076
Svart
...is swedish for black

Oddometer: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by arandpi
hello there

probably somebody did discuss this before but I dont find anything.
I've a '08 TE 610ie.
my problem is that the water temp gauge on the head is breaking quite often.
following simptoms:
- difficult to start
- mileage drop extremely
- radiator fan starts also when teh engine is cold
- the lambda gauge breaks

is enough to do offroad for a few hours and the thing parts.

they are not so expensive and I've always 2 in my belt bag.

BUT ther should be a solution for this.

At the beginning was bad, HSQ would just replace the thing and the lambda.
Than somebody with knowledge did a remapping, removed and plugged the lambda and since then the consequences are not so bad and cheaper (the lambda is expensive)

ANYBODY knows the problem?

thanks

andy
I replaced mine a year ago after many days of trouble shooting. Haven´t ridden it much since, but it sure was hard to start before replacing.
Still have the lambda sond (Can´t make come loose no matter what I use...).
Old 01-15-2010, 03:23 AM   #15077
arandpi
Andy Spandy

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashman1
Kinda makes me happy I have a carb.
Oh yes! I was thinking to build back my ie to '07 spec.
in may 2008 I had the choice to buy the '07 carb model (new, 1000 EUR less), or the '08 ie. I'm very sure I took the wrong one.

I'll recheck all the wiring loom, clean and redo all the junctions maybe change the complete loom straight away. I hope that the temp sensor will then work a little longer.
arandpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:53 AM   #15078
Lav1200
Pig Pen

Oddometer: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek
Where did you send the shock and do you mind me asking what it is costing to get fresh oil and a nitrogen recharge?
I just gave it to a local suspension tuner (here in Calgary). I'm not having it revalved, just serviced. He disassembles it, cleans all the components and reassembles with fresh oil and nitrogen for $110 CDN.

Lav1200 screwed with this post 01-15-2010 at 08:09 AM
Lav1200 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:41 AM   #15079
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by not-A-clue
Hi All

I picked up my shiny new TE61o last night, I can not wait until the weekend to get it dirty.

Cheers

Craig
Take some pics and have a great time! We just got a new Husky dealer here in Albuquerque so they are having an open house on Saturday night....Ill be there. I hope to get to ride a new 630 if they have any, or at least a Hypermotard 7 since they just got some.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:25 AM   #15080
LostRider
Motorcycle Addict

Oddometer: 234
Learning things the hard way... the only way I know how.

I could not wait one day for the water pump gasket to arrive in the mail, so I used liquid gasket stuff to seal it up. I was happy there were no leaks, but a couple of days later I kept looking at the factory gasket sitting on the shelf in the garage. Since the bike was still apart I talked myself into putting the factory gasket on. I kept thinking how pissed I'd be if I did not and got a leak out in the woods with banjos playing far off in the distance and getting closer and closer as I'm pushing the bike. After that thought I immediately pulled the pump off! Apparently the clearance in the water pump is so close that by not putting the factory gasket on the fins made contact with the pump housing and busted them off. When I screw something up I don't do it half assed, even the nut and part of the cam shaft busted off!

So I guess my TE busted a nut. I still have not found the fins and will be taking the top apart unless some one has a better idea. So don't rush things and use the right part, or pay, pay, pay.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:35 AM   #15081
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,633
From Motorcycle Daily

Husqvarna Sales Rise in 2009 Despite Industry Slump
By Dirck J. Edge
Bookmark and Share

BMW's recent acquisition of Husqvarna Motorcycles coincides with the dirt bike manufacturer's relative success in the U.S. market for calendar year 2009. According to a press release from Husqvarna (below), U.S. mortorcycle sales as a whole declined 41%, yet Husqvarna sales in this country were up 9% compared to 2008. Here is the press release from Husqvarna.

Woodcliff Lake, NJ - While the U.S. motorcycle market endured some tough times as a whole in 2009, Husqvarna had a winning year on the track and in the sales department. "Retail sales were up 9% compared to 2008," says Husqvarna Motorcycles North America President Mark Brady. "This was a phenomenal result considering that 2009 was our first full year of operation in the USA."

According to the just-released industry sales figures U.S. motorcycle sales declined 41% in the past year, yet Husqvarna is happy to have bucked this negative trend. "Our sales accelerated through the end of the year, increasing 98% for the last two months of the year!" This late sales spike pushed Husqvarna up to 9% in y-t-d sales overall. "This is a true testament to both our dedicated dealers and great new products, such as the 250cc model range," explains Brady.

Race results also helped keep Husqvarna sales on the gas. Great performances by Glenn Kearney in the GNCC series (not to mention winning the overall at The Little Brown Jug Enduro), combined with Canadian import Cory Graffunder's EnduroCross podiums, Zip-Ty Racing taking Top 2-Stroke honors at the infamous Glen Helen 24 Hours and Adrien Chareyre capturing an X Games SupermotoX medal were all proud moments. However, the 2009 Husqvarna highlight had to be Desert Master Nick Burson winning the AMA D-37 Desert #1 plate and taking first overall honors at California's legendary Elsinore Grand Prix.

"It is clear from the results that we put some early housekeeping in order, offered a top quality product and presented one of the best retail financing programs in the entire industry," says Brady. He is quick to add that Husqvarna will continue with 6.99% financing for 2010 and even better bikes! "We have some exciting new models joining the range, including the all-new TE630 and SM630. We have also updated the popular 250 model range and we will be announcing some serious 2010 race series sponsorships shortly."
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #15082
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Can someone post up the link to a cam chain replacement thread? My buddy needs to do it. Thanks!

Kev
Old 01-15-2010, 10:00 AM   #15083
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Also, great oppertunity for us to let a dealer what

We now have a Husky dealer here in Albuquerque. PJ's triumph, they are the Duc and tri dealer. They are having an open house, tonight. I was thiking of taking a list of stuff we as 610 owners know they should stock....what shall I tell them? I think the parts guy is a member here but not sure. PJ's is a great shop BTW, I am really glad it was them that took on Husky instead of the local BMW shop since they are very BMW if you know what I mean.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:16 AM   #15084
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X
We now have a Husky dealer here in Albuquerque. PJ's triumph, they are the Duc and tri dealer. They are having an open house, tonight. I was thiking of taking a list of stuff we as 610 owners know they should stock....what shall I tell them? I think the parts guy is a member here but not sure. PJ's is a great shop BTW, I am really glad it was them that took on Husky instead of the local BMW shop since they are very BMW if you know what I mean.
Cam chains
Fender support brackets
Clutch cables
Old 01-15-2010, 10:55 AM   #15085
LRPct
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X
Can someone post up the link to a cam chain replacement thread? My buddy needs to do it. Thanks!

Kev
Don't know about on here, but on supermotojunkie..

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=60551
LRPct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:13 AM   #15086
Lav1200
Pig Pen

Oddometer: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostRider
I still have not found the fins and will be taking the top apart unless some one has a better idea.
That truly sucks. I will be interested to hear where in the cooling system you will find the broken bits. On the bright side - none of the loose metal should find its way in to the oil.
Lav1200 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:25 AM   #15087
ICBiker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
New toy

Picked up my new ride from Hall's yesterday. 09 TE610 with power-up kit and Leo Vince can. What a great bunch of guys to deal with at Hall's, everything this forum has said about them is true. This will be replacing my beloved KLR. Thanks to everyone for all the info that is shared on this forum.
ICBiker

ICBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:33 AM   #15088
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,625
Congrats!

Mine is headed to Hallls next weekend to get remapped after the power up kit!
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:21 PM   #15089
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICBiker
Picked up my new ride from Hall's yesterday. 09 TE610 with power-up kit and Leo Vince can. What a great bunch of guys to deal with at Hall's, everything this forum has said about them is true. This will be replacing my beloved KLR. Thanks to everyone for all the info that is shared on this forum.
ICBiker
I'm afraid you've made a horrible mistake. Holycaveman says the KLR is easier to ride off-road than the 610.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=150
SO easy a caveman can do it, so I guess it must be true.

Maybe you'll be that ONE lucky guy who thinks otherwise
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:36 PM   #15090
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
I'm afraid you've made a horrible mistake. Holycaveman says the KLR is easier to ride off-road than the 610.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=150
SO easy a caveman can do it, so I guess it must be true.

Maybe you'll be that ONE lucky guy who thinks otherwise
Too funny!