Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2006, 02:56 PM   #151
louie rides a 640 ad
captain spaulding

Oddometer: 14
wont let me up-load its,its that quick ha ha......gutted..
louie rides a 640 ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:08 PM   #152
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie rides a 640 ad
wont let me up-load its,its that quick ha ha......gutted..
Send me the pic and I will host it for you, dpeffer at gmail dot com

Dan
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:18 PM   #153
louie rides a 640 ad
captain spaulding

Oddometer: 14
sent you 3 pics,hope you get em....
louie rides a 640 ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:33 PM   #154
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Louie' ride...
Old 10-05-2006, 10:43 PM   #155
Hoder
Card carrying greeny

Oddometer: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffallodan
cool! Has anyone ever told you that thing looks like a spider from the front?

Dave:
The 610 really makes me want to ride like a punk everywhere I go.
bikefrk:
You now understand supermoto.
Your training is complete.
Hoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:44 PM   #156
yogavnture
yogavnture

Oddometer: 16
im an owner of a te610 06

ive had my bike for a few months now. im not a mechanic. havent had a bike since my xr500 when i was in high school 1979.

the control panel quit on me and i hear the husky company is getting me a new one..........still, for a new bike shouldnt they make sure it works at the factory?

one thing i notice about motorcycles versus bicycles is with motorcycles you dont get much help

i dont know which oil to use. the manual says 10 60 and if i dont use it my warranty is invalid.........but you cant buy 10 60 in usa!
i think i will use full syn. motul 15-50 i guess.

had my first flat tire and wobbled to motor shop where they ripped me off for a on/off road tire that wore down after a very short ride.....i think the metzeler karoo is the best compromise on/off road tire.
im tempted to buy the continental tkc-80 though.....

i do on road riding as well as renegade gravel road riding at 65 mph.

wish i could get some support from husqvarna or my dealer but they wont help. this is what i hear about husky that the support isnt thier.
wondering if ktm is better? at this .

yoga
yogavnture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:51 PM   #157
Chadleys1
working on it

Oddometer: 564
yoga

-LOVING the TKC 80's on my 06 TE610.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:59 PM   #158
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer: 4,057
What kind of support are you looking for, didn't you just say that Husky is getting you a new console??? is there anything else wrong?
P'S' if you do a search for Agip, the motor oil recomended by Husky, there is a US dealer, just buy a case of it & you are set for about a year or more. (depending on mileage)
Good luck

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:36 PM   #159
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadleys1
-LOVING the TKC 80's on my 06 TE610.
They gotta be better than the Scorpians on anything other than pavement. I liked the Pirellis but swapped them out early for knobbies. Going to spoon them back on for some fall slab rides though... Are you running TKC on front as well, if so have you done any mud yet?

Dan
Old 10-07-2006, 09:51 PM   #160
Hoder
Card carrying greeny

Oddometer: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogavnture
the control panel quit on me and i hear the husky company is getting me a new one..........still, for a new bike shouldnt they make sure it works at the factory?

i dont know which oil to use. the manual says 10 60 and if i dont use it my warranty is invalid.........but you cant buy 10 60 in usa!
What were the exact symptoms of your computer? If it's any help I've been able to fix 2 problems:
1. The computer displays a couple of characters or only part of the display works (maybe some of the idiot lights flash). - With the ignition off disconnect the battery & re-connect it. It seems like shutting off the iginition should cut the power to the computer but that's obviously not the case.

2. Upon turning on the ignition the computer goes thru it's self check then goes blank. - With the ignition on press the mode button. The computer should reset fine.

If your dealer doesn't sell 10-60 find another one or order it on line. The local HonZukTM dealer here sells Motorex 10-60.

Dave:
The 610 really makes me want to ride like a punk everywhere I go.
bikefrk:
You now understand supermoto.
Your training is complete.
Hoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:08 AM   #161
onebaduce

Oddometer: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogavnture
ive had my bike for a few months now. im not a mechanic. havent had a bike since my xr500 when i was in high school 1979.

one thing i notice about motorcycles versus bicycles is with motorcycles you dont get much help

i think i will use full syn. motul 15-50 i guess.

had my first flat tire and wobbled to motor shop where they ripped me off for a on/off road tire that wore down after a very short ride.....i think the metzeler karoo is the best compromise on/off road tire.
im tempted to buy the continental tkc-80 though.....

i do on road riding as well as renegade gravel road riding at 65 mph.

wish i could get some support from husqvarna or my dealer but they wont help. this is what i hear about husky that the support isnt thier.
wondering if ktm is better? at this .

yoga
Yoga...if your unhappy with your dealer look around for another. they aren't all bad. Mine in NY went above and beyond with a couple issues. Husky has one of the best factory warranty's on dirt bikes in the industry. Call them direct if your dealer is not helping. I spoke with them and they were fantastic.

Oil...do a search for Motorex
Power Synt 4T SAE 10W/60 it's all over the net and very easy to order. Surprised your dealer doesn't stock though.

Sounds like you are back into bikes after avery long time off. Do youself a favor and educate yourself. Search old TE posts on this site and Thumpertalk and you'll find just about any answer you need. Armed with imformation maybe you wouldn't have been taken(or perceived to have been) on your replacment tire or at the least knew what to expect. I've been taken a time or two over the years and It came down to me not knowing enough.

Ride Safe

Joe

onebaduce screwed with this post 10-08-2006 at 03:28 PM
onebaduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:18 PM   #162
Chadleys1
working on it

Oddometer: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffallodan
They gotta be better than the Scorpians on anything other than pavement. I liked the Pirellis but swapped them out early for knobbies. Going to spoon them back on for some fall slab rides though... Are you running TKC on front as well, if so have you done any mud yet?

Dan
I liked the Pirelli's too, they are so much better on the street, almost like a supermotard, they seem to be a little better on hard packed dirt roads too.

I have not seen mud yet on the TKC's. Around where I am at, it is mostly rocky hills and rocky trails, and the street. We are going through a dry spell, also. Sooner or later it will get muddy.

I ran some deep crazy Louisiana mud on the original Metzeler Karoo II's, and had problems with the front tire sliding out latterally. I hope the TKC's will do better, but the looks of the fronts are very similar, so when I do hit the mud, I will be cautious at first.

Believe it or not, the Pirelli's did pretty good on the mud in Tennessee. I was not sport riding though, I was just trying to get through the easiest way possible with a heavy loaded TE. There were times when the I would be going forward slowly with the back tire spinning, but not excessively, and the front sliding to the left while the back was sliding to the right or vice versa. In hindsight, maintaining control of the bike probably had more to do with the consistency of the mud than my tires or riding skill. I would love to hit some mud like that during play time. It was like those dudes who do the burnout donuts while standing on the pegs of their sportbikes. Well, maybe not that cool, but fun.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:56 PM   #163
onebaduce

Oddometer: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadleys1
. There were times when the I would be going forward slowly with the back tire spinning, but not excessively, and the front sliding to the left while the back was sliding to the right or vice versa. In hindsight, maintaining control of the bike probably had more to do with the consistency of the mud than my tires or riding skill. I would love to hit some mud like that during play time. It was like those dudes who do the burnout donuts while standing on the pegs of their sportbikes. Well, maybe not that cool, but fun.
you perfectly descibed the mud by my house that I hate. Absolute lack of control. feet out like outriggers spinning slowly around. If you try to go thru any rutted hole or a puddle and you don't ride dead center thru the rutt the front wheel would wash down into it. the mud is like the slickest, stickiest clay. here a few shots from my fun stuck riding by myself adventure. the other day. Look how the mud become a perfect slick road tire.

So I too was wondering if the TKC 80 front would fair better or perform just as bad because this shit just is just too slick

Joe
Old 10-08-2006, 07:56 PM   #164
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Unabiker and a melted side panel...

I installed the Unibiker Rad guards this weekend. They look like they will do a good job of protecting the rads from crushing side impacts. I had already narrowed mine a bit in a fall and needed a longer bolt for lower shroud mount but other than that the install went fine, albiet slow. I pulled the radiators out so I could check valves at the same time...you guys might want to have on hand some #6 and #8 clips and assorted length screws as I stripped a clip on the install.

Bike at 4600 miles.

Valves seemed to be holding at .003. Left screens mostly clean. There were still some very fine particals on mag plug.

High beam nolonger working and charging light wire came loose in multiwire plug and I plan on soldering it and others in place.

Tightened barrel on throttle cable after new G2 Cam (lower profile) install, and removed the plastic shim I had installed from under throttle, for free play (much better).

Plug still reading rich on stock jetting so I think I am going to re-jet.

The screws provided for Cyrca handguards are not long enough to engage all the threads on aluminum shear sleave and will break unless you bend the guards to lay flat against barend. The screws at the Hardware store were only 50mm, same lenght, but were not threaded all the way making them less likely to break.

I have resigned myself to removing the bash guard for oil changes intead of drilling a large hole in it, for now at least.

I lost the spacer that holds the rear plastic off the muffler and now I have melted plastic ...what was the solution for a repair? I also broke a blinker lense, where can I get a replacement or better blinker option? TIA

I think thats it and I will post some pics tomorrow of the Unabikers...

Dan
Old 10-08-2006, 08:00 PM   #165
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

If I am gonna do mud then I am going to have some knobbies on the front for shure, those damn Karoos lead to the center of every mud hole totally tossing you off balance. I am running the Bridgestone ED78 and 79 and am going to stick with them and maybe I am gonna try the Kenda Trackmaster 2 since it is DOT and may wear a little better...

Dan