ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #17536
miketv
Gnarly Adventurer
 
miketv's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Oddometer: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
Finally dusted off the bike and put 250 miles on it this weekend. 150 or so doing the first part of the TWAT ride to Soldiers Grove, WI. Only pic I nabbed as it poured not long into this. Back MT21 is bald and I need to get the Motoz sitting in my basement mounted up before the next ride.

Moto Guzzi rally coming up in August as well as the TWAT from Soldiers Grove, WI north.

You haven't mounted that tire yet?? Geeze man The only warning I can give is be easy when cornering on pavement. I found that the tire will kinda go/slide all at once" if you push it too hard ie: no warning. After the first time you'll know what happened as the seat will have been sucked up yer butt about 6". Anyway, glad you kept the 610 and can get back out and ride!
miketv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #17537
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer
 
30Bones's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Marion, IA
Oddometer: 4,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketv
You haven't mounted that tire yet?? Geeze man The only warning I can give is be easy when cornering on pavement. I found that the tire will kinda go/slide all at once" if you push it too hard ie: no warning. After the first time you'll know what happened as the seat will have been sucked up yer butt about 6". Anyway, glad you kept the 610 and can get back out and ride!
This is the first time I have really ridden it other than around town in a few months it seems. Thanks for the heads up, I should find a front, but the MT21 should be good enough for this novice

Hey do you still have the dirt bagz? I traded my GL Coyote for some ranger bags and mounts, if your bags are the larger scouts I'd be interested.
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:21 PM   #17538
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Flashman1's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Tucson
Oddometer: 5,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
This is the first time I have really ridden it other than around town in a few months it seems. Thanks for the heads up, I should find a front, but the MT21 should be good enough for this novice

Hey do you still have the dirt bagz? I traded my GL Coyote for some ranger bags and mounts, if your bags are the larger scouts I'd be interested.
I love my dirt bagz - used to take them off and on all the time - now just leave them on - just so usefull.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #17539
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer
 
30Bones's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Marion, IA
Oddometer: 4,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashman1
I love my dirt bagz - used to take them off and on all the time - now just leave them on - just so usefull.
Yeah I had them on my KTM640 and drank the giant loop kool aide and did not like how it fit and traded it for dirt bags. Very happy
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:06 PM   #17540
BigAls
oldinidaho
 
BigAls's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Pacific Northwest
Oddometer: 167
renazco seat

I would consider the saet depending on what you want for it in cash. My 07 seat is in good shape, no rips, no tears etc.,Photo's available
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaRbEndEr
I'm looking to trade a Renazco seat(and some cash) for a stock seat.


It's Black leather top, and red carbon fibre sides. If I sell enough farkles, I'll get to keep the bike. Pivot pegs and Uptite skidplate to sell too :(

Pm if your butt needs relief from the stocker or you'd like to try some pivot pegs, ond/or a nice skidplate.
__________________
I'm not as fast as I once was, but I'm as fast once as I ever was..
BigAls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:45 AM   #17541
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer
 
30Bones's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Marion, IA
Oddometer: 4,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaRbEndEr
I'm looking to trade a Renazco seat(and some cash) for a stock seat.

It's Black leather top, and red carbon fibre sides. If I sell enough farkles, I'll get to keep the bike. Pivot pegs and Uptite skidplate to sell too :(

Pm if your butt needs relief from the stocker or you'd like to try some pivot pegs, ond/or a nice skidplate.
PM sent
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:06 AM   #17542
jtemple
Studly Adventurer
 
jtemple's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Papillion, Nebraska
Oddometer: 569
Here's mine! My first non-Japenese bike, as a matter of fact:

jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:14 AM   #17543
oregonsage
Beastly Adventurer
 
oregonsage's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Oregon
Oddometer: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple
Here's mine! My first non-Japenese bike, as a matter of fact:

Congrats on the new 630 !
__________________
Husqvarna'13 TXC310R & '85 250 CR, '85 BMW K100RS
Multi-functional Itinerant Nomad
oregonsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:08 AM   #17544
Rattletrap
When in doubt-Gas it
 
Rattletrap's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Heart of Dixie
Oddometer: 302
Very sharp bike jtemple, but needs some dirt on it.

Hope you get your bike back running soon Debani. I just mounted up a 606 you missed, ready to try it out this weekend.

Rattletrap screwed with this post 07-13-2010 at 09:15 AM
Rattletrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:15 AM   #17545
M N B
would rather be riding
 
M N B's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Oddometer: 1,096
I have no intention of racing and that empty space on the number plates just seemed to be missing something...





I'm linking these from facebook, so hopefully it's not a cached image that will expire in a few hours.
__________________
2011 Husqvarna TE310
2009 BMW F800GS
2007 HD Road King FLHR
2003 Husqvarna TE610e
1997 BMW K1100LT Special Edition
M N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #17546
motogo1
I don't want a pickle,...
 
motogo1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: CT
Oddometer: 1,020
FYI ebay

Looks like someone is parting out an 08 TE610 on ebay.
__________________
1 German, 1 Italian, 3 Swed/Ital/German
motogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #17547
miketv
Gnarly Adventurer
 
miketv's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Oddometer: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
Hey do you still have the dirt bagz? I traded my GL Coyote for some ranger bags and mounts, if your bags are the larger scouts I'd be interested.
Mine are the Ranger bagz, and yeah I still have them. Thinking about just getting the mounts and using them. I thought you were gonna try the GL Mojave bag (smaller)?
miketv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:44 AM   #17548
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer
 
xymotic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Federal Way, WA
Oddometer: 8,364
So what would make the brake light not work?

I was redoing my tail-light, so the likely cause is user error in the wiring.

HOWEVER, I've checked and re checked the wiring. The fuses are good. The plug to the rear master cylinder is plugged in. But no juice to the output wire from the front or the back.

Before I start looking for a broken wire, might there be something simple I'm missing?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Sean
Oh for ***k's sake Aaron. Please link us to my fascist, racist or homophobic posts.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein


Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:08 AM   #17549
K7MDL
TE450, TE610
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Cape Coral, FL or Snohomish, WA
Oddometer: 1,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
So what would make the brake light not work?

I was redoing my tail-light, so the likely cause is user error in the wiring.

HOWEVER, I've checked and re checked the wiring. The fuses are good. The plug to the rear master cylinder is plugged in. But no juice to the output wire from the front or the back.

Before I start looking for a broken wire, might there be something simple I'm missing?
Ground wire measures out connected to frame? Normally blue for ground. If running light is on, then ground is likely good. That leaves the specific brake light wiring/connectors between the switch and the bulb, or less likely the switch and the harness (power source). Given your affinity to the ground, you could have a damaged wire under your fender, might be internally broke from stretch and suspended fender parts.
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:47 AM   #17550
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché
 
Yossarian™'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: the 'Ha
Oddometer: 8,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
Before I start looking for a broken wire, might there be something simple I'm missing?
I'm sure you already know this, but the engine needs to be running for the brake light to function.
__________________
Successfully surviving motorcycling since 1976.
Yossarian™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014