Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2010, 06:51 AM   #17551
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketv
Mine are the Ranger bagz, and yeah I still have them. Thinking about just getting the mounts and using them. I thought you were gonna try the GL Mojave bag (smaller)?
I like the easy on/off of the DB's and traded my Coyote for some with mounts.
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:50 AM   #17552
tlking6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by motogo1
Looks like someone is parting out an 08 TE610 on ebay.
Thanks for the heads up. I scored a complete air filter box and a spare filter for $30.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:59 AM   #17553
macdarren
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Running light...

As newer TE610 owner, I've read or seen mention of a running light more than once. I presume this light people talk about in the small white bulb in the headlight assembly? If so under what conditions is it supposed to be on? I have noticed mine never lights. The bulb seems good. Should it light when the key is on even if the engine is not running? Thinking I have a loose connection somewhere. Other than this all the other lights seem to function as I would expect.

Thanks
Darren
macdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:16 AM   #17554
BikeSDP
Reluctantly Crouched

Oddometer: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdarren
As newer TE610 owner, I've read or seen mention of a running light more than once. I presume this light people talk about in the small white bulb in the headlight assembly? If so under what conditions is it supposed to be on? I have noticed mine never lights. The bulb seems good. Should it light when the key is on even if the engine is not running? Thinking I have a loose connection somewhere. Other than this all the other lights seem to function as I would expect.

Thanks
Darren
With the key on, the small bulb in the headlight should be on, along with the tail light and instrument display. Is it on when the bike is running or always off?
BikeSDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:53 PM   #17555
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdarren
As newer TE610 owner, I've read or seen mention of a running light more than once. I presume this light people talk about in the small white bulb in the headlight assembly? If so under what conditions is it supposed to be on? I have noticed mine never lights. The bulb seems good. Should it light when the key is on even if the engine is not running? Thinking I have a loose connection somewhere. Other than this all the other lights seem to function as I would expect. Thanks Darren
The only thing mine does is make people tell me my headlight is on when it is jus the little bulb, I hate it.

It seams to be on when ignition is on but kill switch is in off position (in).
Old 07-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #17556
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown
The only thing mine does is make people tell me my headlight is on when it is jus the little bulb, I hate it.

It seams to be on when ignition is on but kill switch is in off position (in).

Some kind of European thing?
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:13 PM   #17557
miketv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashman1
Some kind of European thing?
yup, EU required "parking" lamp.. FWIW, the stock headlamp is only a bit brighter.
miketv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:50 PM   #17558
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketv
yup, EU required "parking" lamp.. FWIW, the stock headlamp is only a bit brighter.
Actually my Baja Designs replacement HL had one to so I hooked it up.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:29 AM   #17559
BigAls
oldinidaho

Oddometer: 167
Pm

Didn't come thru?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
PM sent
Old 07-15-2010, 06:34 AM   #17560
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls
Didn't come thru?
That's because I sent the PM to BaRbEndEr
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:26 AM   #17561
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 14,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loops-A-Lot
Before I start looking for a broken wire, might there be something simple I'm missing?

Dear Mr. Loops-A-Lot, check the wiring around the subframe area.

Your friend,

LarryBoy
Old 07-15-2010, 10:42 PM   #17562
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy
Dear Mr. Loops-A-Lot, check the wiring around the subframe area.

Your friend,

LarryBoy
Golly, thank you, friend

I don't wanna jynx myself here, but I've never looped it. Though I have come VERY close doing some very bad HIGHLY illegal wheelie's in downtown Manhattan beach! (unlike a certain someone I know that wheelie'd it all the way over on his TEST RIDE in Uptite's parking lot)

The thing that has me perplexed re the brake light is that I checked it a couple times when I broke it, and it worked fine. The tail never came loose and tightened up neither, the left side stayed attached.

I'm dreading getting into it, the LED police strobe I have has a wire that's getting REALLY short.

Also, just to confirm, with the engine running, the wire from the brake(s) should be Pos when pedal is activated, right?
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:54 AM   #17563
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
Golly, thank you, friend

I don't wanna jynx myself here, but I've never looped it. Though I have come VERY close doing some very bad HIGHLY illegal wheelie's in downtown Manhattan beach! (unlike a certain someone I know that wheelie'd it all the way over on his TEST RIDE in Uptite's parking lot)

The thing that has me perplexed re the brake light is that I checked it a couple times when I broke it, and it worked fine. The tail never came loose and tightened up neither, the left side stayed attached.

I'm dreading getting into it, the LED police strobe I have has a wire that's getting REALLY short.

Also, just to confirm, with the engine running, the wire from the brake(s) should be Pos when pedal is activated, right?
The brake light works when the key is in RUN position, engine running or not. Does not work in the "Park" position, only tail light and city light (front 5W bulb) on then.
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:19 PM   #17564
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by K7MDL
The brake light works when the key is in RUN position, engine running or not. Does not work in the "Park" position, only tail light and city light (front 5W bulb) on then.

I used to think I was pretty good at 12v wiring, and had a decent grasp of the basics. But for some reason this bike confounds me!!!!

OK, from the tail light, the brake is the Blue wire, right?

If I disconnect the tail at the plug by the shock, and power the blue wire to the light, the brake lights. So I've wired the tail how I thought it should be.

Now, going the other way, on the the main wiring harness, the blue has continuity to ground, AND at the headstock there are a bunch of blue wires coming out of the harness to the blinkers etc. that all look like they go to ground.

So I guess I gotta ask again, is blue ground or the brake circuit? ('08 610)

Is there a ground wire to the tail?

And with the connector to the tail disconnected, none of the wires go hot when EITHER when brake is applied.

I would think if I had a short, I'd be blowing fuses, and a break should not take out both brake wires. so???
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:02 PM   #17565
spanker
bada bing, capiche?

Oddometer: 825
xymotic,

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic

OK, from the tail light, the brake is the Blue wire, right?
No problem xymotic. There is a "blue" and a "sky blue" The darker blue is ground.

Sky blue is left turn signal, yellow is either brake light or running light, green is one or the other, the darker blue is ground, and red/black is right turn signal. Obviously, if put one lead of a volt meter to yellow and the other to ground and step on the brake you can determine if the yellow or green is the correct wire for the brake light.
spanker is offline   Reply With Quote