Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #17686
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieFalls
I use a 16t cs on my bike sometimes and it barely fits in the space. I'm almost positive that you would not be able to fit a 17 in there. 16/45 would probably get you in the same neighborhood. A 16t with your 47 is close to stock.
Thanks for the info.
Quote:
Oh wait. Didn't you modify your case so that there's more space in there?
Not so much for that part tho.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:36 AM   #17687
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
15/47 gets me 70mph at just under 5000 RPM. A 16 would be great for highway cruising. 17 seems excessive.
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:33 AM   #17688
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,626
Mounted up a couple new Motoz tires last night. It was painfully simple, I assumed they would be a PITA due to their stiff sidewalls. Going to romp on the bike finally this weekend and see what I can get myself into with em.
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:20 AM   #17689
tshelver
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 567
Fuses / lights

Another question

Looking in the manual, they point to 3 fuses in the fuse area, one of which is a spare. Either I am blind (it was a bit dark in the garage), or something as I can only find 2 15A fuses.

Looking at the Parts manual, they show a different fuse location away from the central fuse area, for another fuse?

I was fiddling with my lights last night (Trailtech HID/MR16) on a relay. The symptoms are that the lights (tail light and head light) do not come on. However, if I put on the park lights, the tail light and headlight (which is wired via a relay that will cause this) come on, which tells me that my custom relay / fuses are fine.

I"m going to head down to see if I spot anything else: anybody got any other ideas on where to look?

Added: One parts diagram seems to show an additional fuse that I can't find in the owners manual, and the dealer claims there is one up in the front headlight area...

Yup. Problem solved. Contrary to what I could find in the owner's manual, there are two additional fuses front of the stem, a pain to get to, given that I'm running aftermarket lights. So the bike has 4 blade fuses, one of which in theory is a spare....
'06 Husky TE610 (gone)

tshelver screwed with this post 08-05-2010 at 10:05 AM
tshelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:31 AM   #17690
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarthur
Recently, someone wrote about a steering damper. BRPmoto.com has a set up for a Scotts underbar damper. Ask for Jim. I posted about it about 3-5 months ago.
Has there ever been an over-front-fender steering damper for the Husky line? My KLX has a WER damper that sits atop the front fender; I like that it is very unobtrusive while doing its job.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:05 AM   #17691
bobnoxious67
Baby steps...

Oddometer: 2,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
Mounted up a couple new Motoz tires last night. It was painfully simple, I assumed they would be a PITA due to their stiff sidewalls. Going to romp on the bike finally this weekend and see what I can get myself into with em.
Ooh , can't wait to hear your impressions! Which ones did you go with? I can't decide if I should run the Desert H/T or the Enduro I/T...
09 TE450
bobnoxious67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:07 AM   #17692
bobnoxious67
Baby steps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lav1200
Broke the 3rd set of footpeg bolts on the weekend. These were 12.9 grade bolts. First set to break were the stock ones. Then I fixed the mounting surface (ground perfectly flat) and reinstalled with 10.9 grade bolts. After they broke I used 12.9 grade bolts.

Has anyone here given up on the bolts and simply welded the footpeg brackets directly to the frame? I don't know of any bolts available in the right size that go beyond a 12.9 grade.
Yes.

09 TE450
Old 08-05-2010, 08:07 AM   #17693
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnoxious67
Ooh , can't wait to hear your impressions! Which ones did you go with? I can't decide if I should run the Desert H/T or the Enduro I/T...
IIRC, the rear is a Desert and the front is an Enduro, but I might have them backwards.

There is a heck of a step on the bead giving the rim a lot of protection. Lugs are beefy as ever.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:09 AM   #17694
bobnoxious67
Baby steps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
IIRC, the rear is a Desert and the front is an Enduro, but I might have them backwards.

There is a heck of a step on the bead giving the rim a lot of protection. Lugs are beefy as ever.
I've read lots of great reviews on the Enduro I/T front...think it might finally be the tire to help this front end stick.
09 TE450
Old 08-05-2010, 08:18 AM   #17695
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnoxious67
I've read lots of great reviews on the Enduro I/T front...think it might finally be the tire to help this front end stick.
It replaced MT21's which I was never really impressed with and people rant n rave about those too.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:19 AM   #17696
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,300
I rode yesterday for the first time in a month and a half. It was bee raining and I have been out of town a lot...bummer! Anyway, I was flying along and thought....this thing sure has loud tyres, a lot louder than I remember. Then it dawned on me that they felt squirly....yep, both were aired down to abo9ut 12~15psI! I rode home and filled them both to 25 since I ride mostly street durring the week, and now the bike feels tight, taught, and is WAY quieter. Also put the screen back in the Leo Vince since having it out made the bike louder than shit and not a ton faster. Man, quieter sure is nice for a change! The thing also needed new turn signals, the little ones on it all were intermittent and one broke and one had a bad lamp. I just replaced them all and now everything works flawlessly and it's safer anyway. Rode in today might get some puddle jumping opps since it is supposed to rain.....hope so as I remembered my rain suit!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:20 AM   #17697
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,300
I have the MT21 front still, D606 rear, good combo for me.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:25 AM   #17698
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X
I have the MT21 front still, D606 rear, good combo for me.
That's the beauty of it. All riders are different and I am far from skilled off road.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:48 AM   #17699
oregonsage
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
I'm considering a pretty long slab ride from Seattle to Panguitch UT.

Currently running a 14/47

Can I get, or would it even be advisable to go to something like a 17/47 for a long highway ride?
The stock gearing is good for triple digits and the wind wins before top gear runs out so I see no value in gearing up. Seems that others have reported that 5th will get them more speed than 6th.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:52 AM   #17700
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™
Has there ever been an over-front-fender steering damper for the Husky line? My KLX has a WER damper that sits atop the front fender; I like that it is very unobtrusive while doing its job.
Yes WER, I use one.