Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2012, 05:13 AM   #23881
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by bensl View Post
how many miles do you have on your 610 1 lunger? it looks i real good nic still.
About 7k. A lot of that was last year and on the road. Now I'm never on the road and the miles have slowed down. All day in the woods is 50/60 miles and I'm lucky to get that once a week. I need to ride more! Yes, the bike still looks good, but don't be fooled, it gets ridden hard off road! I just clean it after every ride and fix what ever needs to be fixed. Its a great bike that's never let me down!

Life is good!
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:16 AM   #23882
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

This is for you Mgizler.

Life is good!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:33 AM   #23883
Mgizler
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Thanks 1lunger!! Makes me want to change my plastics to the white/red. I'm definitely debating to keep or sell, but your pics are making me think that I should keep it.
Mgizler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #23884
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizler View Post
Thanks 1lunger!! Makes me want to change my plastics to the white/red. I'm definitely debating to keep or sell, but your pics are making me think that I should keep it.
The red & white is sharp! I do however like blue & yellow.
Keep it! You'll never replace the 610 unless it's with another 610 & if you do, get an FI model! Don't get me wrong, the carb'd bikes are awesome, but FI is so nice!! I've read a lot about performance modifications on the 630. You really need to do them to get the bike running right, but very little about the FI 610 is documented. I'm finding that all the mods guys are putting on the 630 really help the 610 too. I think because the 610 was pretty good out of the box w/ just a slip on and PU, not many look any farther. I ride proof that the FI bikes can be made better!

Life is good!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #23885
Mgizler
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
The red & white is sharp! I do however like blue & yellow.
Keep it! You'll never replace the 610 unless it's with another 610 & if you do, get an FI model! Don't get me wrong, the carb'd bikes are awesome, but FI is so nice!! I've read a lot about performance modifications on the 630. You really need to do them to get the bike running right, but very little about the FI 610 is documented. I'm finding that all the mods guys are putting on the 630 really help the 610 too. I think because the 610 was pretty good out of the box w/ just a slip on and PU, not many look any farther. I ride proof that the FI bikes can be made better!

Life is good!
Your right. I should just keep it and make it a little more me. I love the ktm 525, but think I'll Hold off for now
Old 07-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #23886
JonXX
Infraction Collector

Oddometer: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MookieBlaylock View Post
the new te announced and it's heavy 375 pounds, based on some beemer thing, too bad. 610 was where its at

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/07/13/h...d-tr650-terra/
That's the TR, not the TE. Different critter for a different purpose.

Funny how everyone immediately bitches about how horrible a bike will be on trails that's not intended for trail use.

"They" said we couldn't run the OBDR on supermotos...
JonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:24 AM   #23887
Mgizler
Adventurer

Few photos

I thought I would post up a few photos after my recent farkle session I had with the bike. I also wanted to show How I routed my Barnett Clutch cable for anyone thats looking to replace the stock cable.

Heres how I routed the Clutch Cable. It seems to work the best with the lest amount of binding. Also, It has a straight exit out of the clutch lever perch with the setup.

Thanks guys,

Mark
Old 07-17-2012, 12:52 AM   #23888
poppy
Slow and Steady

Oddometer: 2,168
G'day all, anybody had issues with the switch block. I have no headlights , as in low and high beam. Can get the high beam on the flick switch at the front, indicators, no horn. Seam to have power coming into the switch but nada coming out from the headlights and horn. I pulled it apart to give it a clean but still no go. Looks like i will have to pony up for a new one.
$200.00 at our local dealers, i asked if that was for the complete switch and headlight, nah he laughed, just the switch block.

poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:35 AM   #23889
BiG DoM
African Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,462
Yeaah had some shit with my red button - high/low beam - had off in mud and was some ingress. Had it open and cleaned it ... very finicky. Still not 100%. I use an aerosol switch cleaner and if you can get a contact pencil cleaner is also good - it has an abrasive retractable tip that is made up out of glass fibres that cleans up contacts.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... 'Fuck, what a trip!'

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcyclists.
BiG DoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:40 AM   #23890
BiG DoM
African Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG DoM View Post
Yeah news been out there for awhile - sad indeed. Some 30kg heavier than my TE 610 and just a BMW Serato in disguise really - going to be a street and off-road version. They have lost the plot and even creating their own competition!
While I am interested in the pre-filter mod the general poor design of the 610 airbox still worries me. It is really vulnerable to water ingress through the mesh and the poor seal around the edge. I wonder what that Outerwares material is??? Some kind of Gortex fabric I guess?

Anyway I am still tempted to see if one can eradicate the airbox and route an intake to under the seat or upper side cover with a Uni filter pod on it.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... 'Fuck, what a trip!'

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcyclists.
BiG DoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:15 AM   #23891
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG DoM View Post
While I am interested in the pre-filter mod the general poor design of the 610 airbox still worries me. It is really vulnerable to water ingress through the mesh and the poor seal around the edge. I wonder what that Outerwares material is??? Some kind of Gortex fabric I guess?

Anyway I am still tempted to see if one can eradicate the airbox and route an intake to under the seat or upper side cover with a Uni filter pod on it.
Go to EHSracing.com they should tell you what it is made of. Give the guy a call he's very helpful.

Life is good!
Old 07-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #23892
rocky mtn nut
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
What size heidenau k 60 will fit our 610???

rocky mtn nut screwed with this post 07-17-2012 at 06:53 PM
rocky mtn nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #23893
Mgizler
Adventurer

Just found this.

http://www.dualsportwarehouse.com/HE...-140-80-18.htm

They look pretty nice. I was looking at the Pirelli Scorpion MT90 but I might have to take a look at these as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky mtn nut View Post
What six heidenau k 60 will fit our 610???
Old 07-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #23894
rocky mtn nut
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizler View Post
Just found this.

http://www.dualsportwarehouse.com/HE...-140-80-18.htm

They look pretty nice. I was looking at the Pirelli Scorpion MT90 but I might have to take a look at these as well.
My 606s are great for about 600 miles then quickly drops off . I cant afford the 6 to 800 mile tire change anymore. They claim the scouts are a 5 to 8000 mile tire.
rocky mtn nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #23895
Taranis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Working on installing my Leo Vince silencer. Spent probably a couple hours with a piece of 320 grit dressing the edges tonight, then mixed up some epoxy to fill the porosity in edges of the thick sections where it actually gets bolted to the bike. Anyone else do that, or am I the OCD king?

Taranis screwed with this post 06-09-2013 at 03:43 PM
Taranis is offline   Reply With Quote