Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #24061
rocky mtn nut
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
It may well be worth it to someone. The value of the bike is established by whatever the actual sales price ends up being. For that transaction. On that day. At that hour.
I bought my 07 with 2200 mile and it was pristine for 4200 last spring in 2011 . Negotiate I'm sure they will and if not move on . They are great bikes. I think this is what you are asking for hope it helps.
rocky mtn nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #24062
KIK ROX
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Hey guys,
I'm getting ready to take my '08 to ride the divide. Here is a pic of it prior to installing the Wolfman E-12 saddlebags and dry bag duffel:

My brother and I will drive out to NM from MD tomorrow or Friday, with the inent of him dropping me off at the border Sunday or Monday. He'll drive up to NE Oregon where I will meet him after I finish, or he'll meet me at the finish if it takes me longer. I'll start a ride report soon and post a link here. Wish me luck!
KIK ROX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #24063
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,517
Good luck and have a great trip!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #24064
motogo1
I don't want a pickle,...

Oddometer: 1,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by yossarian™ View Post
good luck and have a great trip!
+1
Old 08-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #24065
Xcuvator
Justa Venturer

Oddometer: 1,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIK ROX View Post
Hey guys,
I'm getting ready to take my '08 to ride the divide. Here is a pic of it prior to installing the Wolfman E-12 saddlebags and dry bag duffel:

My brother and I will drive out to NM from MD tomorrow or Friday, with the inent of him dropping me off at the border Sunday or Monday. He'll drive up to NE Oregon where I will meet him after I finish, or he'll meet me at the finish if it takes me longer. I'll start a ride report soon and post a link here. Wish me luck!
Good luck, sounds like fun. &
I hope you have your subframe mods done.

So much riding-so little time
Xcuvator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #24066
bobnoxious67
Baby steps...

Oddometer: 2,364
Delivering my 610 to it's new owner tomorrow...I've had nothing but smiles and good times on it for the last 4.5 years/12,000 miles, and can only hope to have as much fun and pleasure from any future bikes I buy

Cleaned up and ready to load up.
09 TE450
bobnoxious67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #24067
StolenFant
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Does anyone have specialty tools for 610TE

Just bought a 2009 610TE, and have the cases off. Now I need specialty tools or suggestions for pulling flywheel, clutch basket (have the spring washers, but no puller), etc. Anybody have some they want to sell/rent?

Also, does anyone know where I can get rivets for the clutch basket. Laptop hard drive with downloaded parts manuals crashed last night, so I don't have the parts manual or remember where I found it to look myself.

Clint
clemon3@sotank.com
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #24068
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenFant View Post
Just bought a 2009 610TE, and have the cases off. Now I need specialty tools or suggestions for pulling flywheel, clutch basket (have the spring washers, but no puller), etc. Anybody have some they want to sell/rent?

Also, does anyone know where I can get rivets for the clutch basket. Laptop hard drive with downloaded parts manuals crashed last night, so I don't have the parts manual or remember where I found it to look myself.

Clint
clemon3@sotank.com
Hall's has the manuals online.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #24069
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,187
Halls has the rivets too.

Life is good!
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #24070
farrington300
No wait....What?

Oddometer: 511
Buying question

Hey fellas, what would you guys pay for a used 2006 with just about 1k on the odometer? The bike looks to be in very good condition. Stock tires, and virtually no boot wear on the bike. I'm going to make an offer on this one soon and I want to make sure it is fair both ways, not looking to rip the guy off, but I don't want to over pay. I have been considering a te610-630 for about a year now. I'm just not happy with the performance of my current stable.
farrington300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #24071
tlking6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by farrington300 View Post
Hey fellas, what would you guys pay for a used 2006 with just about 1k on the odometer? The bike looks to be in very good condition. Stock tires, and virtually no boot wear on the bike. I'm going to make an offer on this one soon and I want to make sure it is fair both ways, not looking to rip the guy off, but I don't want to over pay. I have been considering a te610-630 for about a year now. I'm just not happy with the performance of my current stable.
Hey neighbor, Its hard to say but I'd almost be worried that the thing has been sitting. How do you own that bike and live where we do and not ride it? I had 1k on mine the first month! Maybe 4 gran? I'd like to think my 08 with 10k on it is worth more than that. I may be dreaming though.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #24072
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlking6 View Post
Hey neighbor, Its hard to say but I'd almost be worried that the thing has been sitting. How do you own that bike and live where we do and not ride it? I had 1k on mine the first month! Maybe 4 gran? I'd like to think my 08 with 10k on it is worth more than that. I may be dreaming though.

LOL, I got my '08 at like seven months old with 126 miles on it. It boggles the imagination how that is possible. I think I put 200 on it the first ride. I dunno how you can drop 9 grand on a new bike, basically NEVER ride it and take a $4k hit (it had a grand worth of farkles! on it.) to sell it.

but, it happens all the time so what do I know And my bike sat on CL for like a month and a half before I saw it.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #24073
Taranis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by farrington300 View Post
If you get this, definitely ditch the karoos first thing. They will be rocks, even with tread left. They will try to kill you on the street and throw you down in the dirt off road.

Might be a guy in south OC who had a bike fitting that description and listed it on CL in June 2011. PMB rack on the rear fender. He wanted $4200 then. I called, and he said he'd changed his mind about selling it, just liked it too much. Maybe he changed his mind again.

I ended up finding mine in the Midwest. Guy didn't really know what he had, and the asking price was low enough I was able to fly out there on FF miles and have it shipped back for about what it would have cost to buy one here, when I eventually found another. Mine had 642 miles on it when I picked it up and had never been down. And I had a little adventure for it Tried my first Whitecastle and stuff. I recommend the nationwide CL searches.

I felt like a bit of a pansy for not riding it back, but I just couldn't plan a trip around an unknown machine. Good thing, because the stuff I found when I started going over it would have left me stranded with a possibly very seriously and expensively broken bike if I'd tried the ride. Since I got it, I've worked on it a lot more than ridden it, and tipped it over a few times. But nevermind the scratches, it's infinitely more durable, reliable and dialed in now than when it was new.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:09 AM   #24074
poppy
Slow and Steady

Oddometer: 2,164
Hydraulic Clutch

G'day All, anybody spent the coin on a hydraulic clutch set up. If so, is it worth the spend, any pro's or con's with it.
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #24075
StolenFant
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Call Gerald, owner and racer of Upstate Cycle (Husky, GasGas, BMW, etc.) in Greenville, SC. He's had factory auto, aftermarket EFM, and others for decade(s). Very big proponent and won't have anything else. I’ll definitely be installing one when I figure out which.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 955616846 View Post
Yep... I bought a 630. More seriously, if a cable clutch is as good as it can be there is little to justify the expense of hydraulic clutch. I'd tape a spare cable to the clutch cable and put the money into a Rekluse which is much better at fine clutch control than a human... or the next ride... or bribing the missus into the time off for the next ride if I had that problem.
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote