Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012, 05:04 AM   #24106
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,146
I put the OEM ones back in for now, but I'll switch them back. What's the torque spec for those bolts? I got them as tight as I could with a 6" box and Allen wrench. It would be hard to over do them that way I think...

Life is good!
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:25 AM   #24107
bobnoxious67
Baby steps...

Oddometer: 2,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by farrington300 View Post
Hey fellas, what would you guys pay for a used 2006 with just about 1k on the odometer? The bike looks to be in very good condition. Stock tires, and virtually no boot wear on the bike. I'm going to make an offer on this one soon and I want to make sure it is fair both ways, not looking to rip the guy off, but I don't want to over pay. I have been considering a te610-630 for about a year now. I'm just not happy with the performance of my current stable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
$2800-3200, more than that and I'd look for a nice plated XR650R instead.
I just got $2900 for mine with 16,000 miles on the clock, and well used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post
What does this thing actually do? Cus I think it's more than a fast idle

Mine is sticking, after the "L" going into the throttle body. So the bike is running fast idle, hot, and it's backfiring like a b*tch on decell. Does it advance timing?

Anyway, anybody have any tips on how to fix its sticky-ness AND has anyone been able to extend the damned thing? I'm seriously considering removing it cuz where I live it's never been so cold the thing won't just start. (I think)
My EFI 450 also has this. I honestly believe it is just an air bypass to introduce more air at idle when it starts cold...coolant sensor will enrich at cold start, but it has no idle stepper motor to bring the idle up some...and cracking the throttle open will mess with starting due to TPS input change.
09 TE450
bobnoxious67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #24108
JustRon
ex-broadwayron

Oddometer: 941
I know this isn't a popular thing around here, but I'm trying to install the passenger footpegs on my 610 (my girlfriend wants to try going for a ride). However, I've got Dirtbagz brackets which I want to leave in place, and it looks like the left side pass. footpeg bolt needs to be replaced. I've tried threading a long M8 in the hole, but the bolt seems too big. It looks like the parts catalog calls for an M8x55, but I can't tell.
Does anyone know what size bolt I'm supposed to use? It's for the bottom mount of the left-side passenger footpeg.
JustRon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #24109
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayron View Post
I know this isn't a popular thing around here, but I'm trying to install the passenger footpegs on my 610 (my girlfriend wants to try going for a ride). However, I've got Dirtbagz brackets which I want to leave in place, and it looks like the left side pass. footpeg bolt needs to be replaced. I've tried threading a long M8 in the hole, but the bolt seems too big. It looks like the parts catalog calls for an M8x55, but I can't tell.
Does anyone know what size bolt I'm supposed to use? It's for the bottom mount of the left-side passenger footpeg.
I have the Dirtbagz and passenger pegs. It was easy to measure it. Just stack the parts up, incuding the spacer. I just measured mine - 80mm on the lft, 60mm on the right side. I also upgraded the bolts to 12.9 hardened bolts.

Use thread locker. Seen too many subframe bolts fall out (and bend) on KLRs and TE610s. I carry extras for others, and have donated more than a few to the cause while on the trails. :-). If you have to order or select only one bolt size, get the longest that might work and use a hack saw to cut it to the right length once you assemble it.

K7MDL screwed with this post 08-15-2012 at 07:56 AM
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #24110
Homey
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 542
Anyone here know what size/length spokes go in the rear wheel (non drive side). It's a 2000 TE model if that matters. I was working on the rear brake today and noticed a couple broken spokes to go with the bent rim...
Homey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:10 AM   #24111
Smile_101
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Victoria, Caroline Springs, anyone out here .

Hi recently moved down to Vic from the GC.....

Dead keen to ride with some adventurous people........

Drop me a line...

If you hesitate....then wait!

Husqvarna2004 TE610
Husqvarna2004 WR250
Smile_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #24112
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer: 1,964
Speedo pickup cable?

Before I take the rotor back to Tasky's for the magnet being in the wrong place, I want to try and bring the pickup a little closer to the disc, but it looks like I have to detach the cable... so, how does one remove the speedo pickup cable from the front rotor? Just pull off the sensor? I'm not seeing anything in the manual for this, and I don't want to break it.
huzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #24113
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzar View Post
Before I take the rotor back to Tasky's for the magnet being in the wrong place, I want to try and bring the pickup a little closer to the disc, but it looks like I have to detach the cable... so, how does one remove the speedo pickup cable from the front rotor? Just pull off the sensor? I'm not seeing anything in the manual for this, and I don't want to break it.
Never mind... figured it out. The cable does not detach at the bottom, near the pickup, but rather detaches at the top...

Now, how the hell do I detach it up top without taking apart the Lynx fairing...

huzar screwed with this post 08-18-2012 at 01:26 PM
Old 08-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #24114
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Wave rotor

Well, the wave rotor will work just fine on the TE610. I had to bring the pickup sensor a little closer to the magnet, which involved cutting and soldering the pickup cable (I didn't want to take apart my fairing, so this seemed like the simplest way to go) so that I could give the pickup a few turns to thread it deeper into its hole. I'm back to having a working speedo.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:18 AM   #24115
speedygee68
dirt eater

Oddometer: 218
Kilometers to MPH

Can somebody tell me how to change my speedometer to read MPH instead of Kilometers? It's a 2008. I've checked the manual and it's not in there.
speedygee68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #24116
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygee68 View Post
Can somebody tell me how to change my speedometer to read MPH instead of Kilometers? It's a 2008. I've checked the manual and it's not in there.

Don't forget that the first post in this big ole thread has the link to the 610 index page that has the answers to these things.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...33&postcount=1
Old 08-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #24117
Taranis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
Grip shrinkage?

Has anyone else had the original grips on their TE shrink on the bar? Mine started creeping inward as soon as I trimmed the end out to attach the Probend. On its way to being a donut. Getting replaced soon, along with the bent stock bar. Renthal FTW.

BTW, I measured the unbent end of the stock bar, and the CR bend is closest.

Taranis screwed with this post 08-19-2012 at 10:50 PM
Taranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #24118
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
My OEM grips got completely smooth and disappeared in just a few hundred miles. I really liked the grip but they are way soft.

I have a 08 so I'm not positive but those don't look like OEM to me either.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:15 AM   #24119
JustRon
ex-broadwayron

Oddometer: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by K7MDL View Post
I have the Dirtbagz and passenger pegs. It was easy to measure it. Just stack the parts up, incuding the spacer. I just measured mine - 80mm on the lft, 60mm on the right side. I also upgraded the bolts to 12.9 hardened bolts.

Use thread locker. Seen too many subframe bolts fall out (and bend) on KLRs and TE610s. I carry extras for others, and have donated more than a few to the cause while on the trails. :-). If you have to order or select only one bolt size, get the longest that might work and use a hack saw to cut it to the right length once you assemble it.
Thanks. So, I mounted the pegs (which took way longer than it should have), and we went for a ride... probably 4 hours of seat time (total trip was 6 hours). Fun, but not comfortable at all (for either of us, and we are both pretty small). I took her off-road for a bit (went reeeal slow) and almost lost it a couple times in some mud and sand, which was pretty funny.
I may have opened an expensive can of worms with this ride.
JustRon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #24120
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayron View Post
Thanks. So, I mounted the pegs (which took way longer than it should have), and we went for a ride... probably 4 hours of seat time (total trip was 6 hours). Fun, but not comfortable at all (for either of us, and we are both pretty small). I took her off-road for a bit (went reeeal slow) and almost lost it a couple times in some mud and sand, which was pretty funny.
I may have opened an expensive can of worms with this ride.
Expensive can of worms = her own TE bike :-). That is a a good problem to have if you can swing it that direction.

I gave a riding buddy a lift up a hill for a 1/4 mile once on a forest road. Tight squeeze, would not want to do that for long. My wife does not drive a motorcycle, but likes to ride passenger. So we have a luxo-barge touring bike. She also does not ride on motorcycles in dirt. So we also now have a Jeep for the dirty roads. Luxo-barge is now for sale.
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote