Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #25096
singletrak
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMN View Post
I recently picked up an 07 TE610 with some electrical issues(blowing fuses), ran good but would die and not re-start. Bike was very clean, 5000 miles, from the looks of it most if its life was on road. First thing I noticed was the gas tank vent was melted to the header and totally closed off, I think this is what caused the engine to die. I stripped the bike, went through and cleaned up the entire wire harness, cleaned and greased all the connections and switches. Also replaced the cam chain, the clutch bushing, checked the valves, put on some aftermarket turn signals, and installed a JD jetting kit. I noticed the clutch basket spring cups are in rough shape, they will need to be replaced very soon. I took it out for a few rides around town, runs great, no blown fuses. I like it so far, very nice bike, if it ever stops snowing here I'll hit some trails and put it to the test.

Nice bike. I saw that one on CL. Where in Northern Minnesota are you located? I have a cabin north of Virginia, I bring my TE610 (06) and ride alot of the forest roads and trails in the area.

Singletrak
singletrak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #25097
EricMN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzar View Post
Nice bike. PM IndyUnlimited here on ADV -- he'll sell you his spring cups kit, which seems to be the better solution to the problem than buying another set from Husqvarna.
Thanks Huzar, IndyUnlimited is sending me his kit, earlier I called a dealer and they said that part# was discontinued.
EricMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #25098
EricMN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by singletrak View Post
Nice bike. I saw that one on CL. Where in Northern Minnesota are you located? I have a cabin north of Virginia, I bring my TE610 (06) and ride alot of the forest roads and trails in the area.

Singletrak
I am sure this is the same bike you saw, I have been looking for a 06 or 07 TE610 for well over a year, this is only the second one I found for sale in the state. I am about 25 miles west of Virginia in Hibbing. This is my first dual sport, I think this will be a good bike for exploring all the old mining and forest roads around here.
EricMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #25099
uska
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Would anyone know if an 08 610 with leo x3 slipon (c/f endcap + sparky) would pass a 94db test?? Leo vince usa website only shows the old slipon with a metal end cap and doesnt list much info.. First timer at a real event 'the rites of spring' up in MI, and they'll test bikes for noise levels.
uska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #25100
uska
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.mccormick View Post
How much are people paying for a set of the tractionators? How many miles of mix use are they lasting?
I think ive seen those tires on 7602 racing website if not mistaken. Check it out. I know theres a few models of the motoz brand tires.(ive learned from quite a few folks online that the knobs on motoz tires like to fly off) I stick to a d606 rear & mt21 front.. for my next dirt setup ill try something more agressive as i now have 17's for my everyday ripping around.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #25101
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by uska View Post
Would anyone know if an 08 610 with leo x3 slipon (c/f endcap + sparky) would pass a 94db test?? Leo vince usa website only shows the old slipon with a metal end cap and doesnt list much info.. First timer at a real event 'the rites of spring' up in MI, and they'll test bikes for noise levels.
I can't say for sure, but mine passes with no insert just the sparky and its the one with the metal end cap.
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #25102
uska
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
I can't say for sure, but mine passes with no insert just the sparky and its the one with the metal end cap.
Ive heard those are supposed to be even louder so i should be all good then.. how often do you repack it? And whats the way to remove the rivets?
Old 04-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #25103
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 835
Broken plastic tab

Hey guys went for a quick ride today and was a little over zealous, well it kind of slid out from under me, went down at low speed on the left side but in the process broke the blue tab that holds the plastic (gas tank) so it doesn't flap in the breeze when riding.
Is there a way to glue or epoxy the plastic pieces together? Do I have to replace the whole panel?
I'll take a pic tomorrow...
Just got the bike too!!

TIGERRIDER007 screwed with this post 04-26-2013 at 06:49 PM
TIGERRIDER007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #25104
uska
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGERRIDER007 View Post
Hey guys went for a quick ride today and was a little over zealous, well it kind of slid out from under me, went down at low speed on the left side but in the process broke the blue tab that holds the plastic (gas tank) so it doesn't flap in the breeze when riding.
Is there a way to glue or epoxy the plastic pieces together? Do I have to replace the whole panel?
Just got the bike too!!
Same happened to me on the right side so what i did is i drilled a tiny hole through the side plastic and this other black plastic piece behind it. I then inserted a very small hex head bolt through both pieces and secured with a nylon nut on the inside. Not sure if you can do that on the left side but u get the point. That tab broke from just riding the bike around shrubs. Now everythings pretty sturdy and you cant really notice the tiny bolt.

The only pic i have now but if you zoom in check in front of the gopro mount and youll see a tiny hex head..

Old 04-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #25105
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 835
That was my thought as well, I'll give it a shot, thanks for the reply and idea.
TIGERRIDER007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:29 AM   #25106
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by uska View Post
Mine (metal cap and the quietest silencer insert option ) have passed local 96db tests but most just wave me on when they see a larger street legal looking bike surrounded by smaller 2 strokes that are much louder.
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:19 AM   #25107
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGERRIDER007 View Post
Just got the bike too!!
Zip tie it on
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #25108
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,367
I Finally got round to replacing my cam chain (this will be #3)

Anybody else broken a top motor mount? (broke right above motor) Anything I need to look into on the bottom to ensure the motor is aligned right?
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker

xymotic screwed with this post 04-27-2013 at 04:51 PM
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #25109
Taranis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
You mean just the plate, not the frame itself, I hope. I'd just check alignment and make sure it's not being bent when torquing the bolts. Shim whichever side of it needs shimming, and you should be fine. Pre-bending things that are going to get vibrated a lot is a good way to promote failure.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #25110
Baroquenride
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by baroquenride View Post
I think the magnet on the brake disc fell out and got lost and my speedo isn't working because of it. Could someone post a pic or send me a link of a pic of what these look like so I can verify one way or another? I don't have a clue what it's supposed to look like.
So I'll provide another update on this. (Keep in mind the tiny magnet was not in the holder at this point) I originally adjusted the pickup switch closer to the magnet holder thinking this was the problem, and it seemed to work for several weeks but a few days ago I'd began noticing my speedo dropping out again while doing 60mph on the freeway. I got down and looked at it again and low and behold, I found the actual magnet was hanging on the the disc in between the 'spokes' of the disc. So the pickup was sporadically picking up the magnet even though it wasn't in the actually part. (I didn't see this and didn't know it was happening.)

Although a picture was provided for me just after I made this request, it was taken too close and didn't look like mine anyway (looked like the backside, opposite the pickup) and not knowing what mine had originally looked like, I just had to go by others' experience.

Bottom line is that after I found the actual magnet for the holder yesterday, I epoxied it back on last night after cleaning everything with rubbing alcohol and will try to post a pic in the next couple of days for others to see what mine looks like. It works like it should and I NOW think I've finally fixed the issue. At least now I know how it should look with the magnet.