Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Stu View Post
I have a
Tractionator
on the rear.

Sticks off road amazingly well, OK on the street and DOT rated (so it won't throw knobs at speed). Wearing like iron, too.

I think the front tire I got is also a Moto-Z, but it did lose some knobs after a long high speed highway run... Maybe it's a different non-DOT tire. I'll look this evening and post.

Golden Spectro semi-synthetic off-road 20W-50
How much $$ ??

How many miles did you get on them?
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #25127
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by uska View Post
Ive heard those are supposed to be even louder so i should be all good then.. how often do you repack it? And whats the way to remove the rivets?
You don't repack these
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #25128
uska
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
Take pic of the nitrous knob and send it to me. I might be able to tell you what it's for.

Btw, let me know how you do at the motox track with the 610. Lol
Funny you ask how a 610 does on an MX track.. Here's a short clip of me doing it today . I'm sure bike could do better its just my first time on an MX track and it felt like .

uska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #25129
uska
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
You don't repack these

Thanks for the note. For some reason it has small hex head bolts on the can. (by the pipe side) Not sure why it's meant to be taken apart for.
uska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #25130
Xcuvator
Justa Venturer

Oddometer: 1,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post
Yeah the plate cracked right above the motor. what concerns me I guess is that there's a 1/32nd gap so it almost seems like ALL of the weight of the motor is on the top mount.

I guess I'll just have to get a new one and see how it fits.
I'm not into generating bad vibes, but have you considered the possibility that your frame is bent?
What is it that makes you say the motor is carried by the top mount? Where is the 1 /32nd?

So much riding-so little time
Xcuvator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:24 AM   #25131
JonXX
Infraction Collector

Oddometer: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGERRIDER007 View Post
Forgive my lack of knowledge, what does a "hot start" do?
It allows more air in, reverse of the choke.

Previous responses are correct, but in my experience the hot start button is only needed if you stall or cough out the engine, not when you shut it off on purpose. I've only needed to use it once on my 610, but I use it all the time on my 450.

"They" said we couldn't run the OBDR on supermotos...
JonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #25132
EricMN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
2007 TE610 broken oil pump

Has anybody had this happen before?

I was warming up the bike and I heard a light ticking sound start coming from the oil pump, when I took it apart I found a piece of one of the clutch spring cups wedged in the pump. I also found a bigger piece of the spring cup in the left side filter screen. The only thing I could think of is I just had it apart to do the cam chain and the clutch bushing, I cleaned out the screens, when I put left side screen back into the motor, the spring cup pieces must have laying in bottom of the case and went into the screen. I don't know, does anybody know how this piece could have made it to the pump?? This oil system seems like it would be almost bulletproof.

Thankfully this happened in my garage and not cruising down the highway or this motor might have been toast. I thought I'd be waiting awhile for parts, I ordered from Bill's last thursday and they already came in today. I also have the spring cup kit coming from IndyUnlimited. So far am pleasantly surprised about the parts availability for this bike.
EricMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #25133
Smile_101
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by stujamur View Post
Where can you get a replacement side stand . One of my buds 09 610's stand broke .
A slightly longer one would be better too .

Also i am getting uneven front breaking . Most noticeable controlling the bike on slow downhills . Pads still have a bit of meet on them so thinking the disc must be warped ?
I ordered a stand from Halls.com
Best to get a bunch of stuff together as the postage was more than the stand, but once I ordered all the other bits....way cheaper than local and a LOT faster.

If you hesitate....then wait!

BMW2006 R1200GS
Husqvarna2004 WR250
Smile_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #25134
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcuvator View Post
I'm not into generating bad vibes, but have you considered the possibility that your frame is bent?
What is it that makes you say the motor is carried by the top mount? Where is the 1 /32nd?
The plate is a triangle, it cracked in an arc right above the single point that connects to the motor. It did not separate at the hole, but actually above it. So, motor -bolt- plate 1/32gap plate then frame if that makes sense?

Bent Frame!!! No way! My bike has been treated with feathers and velvet gloves, I mean unless you count that time I launched it like 30 feet forward and dropped it 20 feet landing totally sideways when I broke my arm. But I mean, everybody does that right?

I don't think the time(s) I dropped it off a cliff and had to have 3-4 guys lift it back woulda done any lasting damage. And I mean the wheelie into the tree was just a love tap.

Or the time I dumped it in the rocks in Baja doing like 50. But I mean aside from those times it's been treated pretty well.

Well, Unless you count the 3-4 times I dropped it off the ramp trying to load in on the truck.

"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #25135
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

wiggley shifter

Ok, so my bike's on the stand finally getting some love and one issue I've had 'forever' is that I've never been able to take the shifter off.

The set screw is stripped, and the shifter has wiggled a bit making it so it won't come off. I've been reluctant to get a gear puller on it or cut it with a dremel thinking I might not be able to put a new one on.

But now, there's so much play in it that the shifter has pierced the stator cover.

So, if the bearings on the shaft itself is are not gone, what are my options to replace just the lever if the splines are shot?

And if the shaft is gone as I suspect, what's involved to get to it? Does the engine come out and split the cases or can it be extracted out the side?
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 04-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #25136
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Wiggley Cam

Workin on the Cam chain, the Cam gear bearings have a lot of side-to-side wiggle too (my poor bike!). I have new rocker bearings already, and so I'm gonna order new cam bearings too, is there anything else in there i need to check out/be mindful of?
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 04-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #25137
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,359
[QUOTE=xymotic;21295773]Workin on the Cam chain, the Cam gear bearings have a lot of side-to-side wiggle too (my poor bike!). I have new rocker bearings already, and so I'm gonna order new cam bearings too, is there anything else in there i need to check out/be mindful of?[/QUOT

Wow - how many miles on the bike?

Just went through mine at 22,000 miles and only replaced the rocker assembly and the cam chain (2nd time).

The Cam chain still had some to go - 8 clicks - but as long as I had it apart I changed it out.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #25138
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

[QUOTE=Flashman1;21295999]
Quote:
Workin on the Cam chain, the Cam gear bearings have a lot of side-to-side wiggle too (my poor bike!). I have new rocker bearings already, and so I'm gonna order new cam bearings too, is there anything else in there i need to check out/be mindful of?[/QUOT

Wow - how many miles on the bike?

Just went through mine at 22,000 miles and only replaced the rocker assembly and the cam chain (2nd time).

The Cam chain still had some to go - 8 clicks - but as long as I had it apart I changed it out.
I don't really know. I think it's gotta be round 30. This is the second chain, and i let it go too long it was at 12-13. (still never hit reed valve though)
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 04-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #25139
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMN View Post
Has anybody had this happen before?
Never seen that, but not really surprised, them clutch bushings sure are a common thing.

Quote:
So far am pleasantly surprised about the parts availability for this bike.
You SOOOOOOOO jinxed it! I had a friend wait the better part of a year for a crank, but remember it only takes one tiny part to nit be available to stop everything.

One really nice thing about husky is that there are a handful of REALLY GOOD suppliers and Bill's is certainly one
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 04-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #25140
EricMN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:

So, if the bearings on the shaft itself is are not gone, what are my options to replace just the lever if the splines are shot?

And if the shaft is gone as I suspect, what's involved to get to it? Does the engine come out and split the cases or can it be extracted out the side?
If your not leaking oil by your shifter the shaft bushing and seal are probably good. I have heard of people welding loose shifters to the shaft, but you are going to have an even harder time down the road when you NEED to get it off. To replace the shaft, you have to remove shifter and the clutch cover, the shaft will slide out the right side(make sure the shaft is clean or it will be hard to get through the bushing) You might have to remove the right foot peg, looks the shaft will hit it.
EricMN is offline   Reply With Quote