ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #25156
Dr Klaun
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dr Klaun's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Tumalo, OR
Oddometer: 407
I've got the MT43's on both front and rear. Keep them at about 16-18 psi for both road and FS gravel type roads. No issues with traction and like the previous poster, I have a concern for pinch flats from rocks on the front.

I'll make a comment on these tires, they do run very well on the road (been into low triple digits) with no issues. They are balanced, which helps with that, but I've been impressed. I'll probably switch to a different front when the time comes though.
__________________
- Matt

96 R1100RSL (red)
08 TE610
Dr Klaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #25157
Gryphon12
Beastly Adventurer
 
Gryphon12's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Carnation, WA USA
Oddometer: 1,306
MT-43's have a very stiff sidewall. They will run with almost no air. I'd be surprised at a pinch flat with 8-10 psi on the front wheel.
__________________
1990 Honda NT-650 Hawk-GT

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world;
indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Gryphon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #25158
pete613
Adventurer
 
pete613's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Jersey
Oddometer: 15
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this has been covered before but today I went out for a little ride. When I left my house, all was good with the bike, when I got back home my tail light was missing. The license plate bracket was still attached. Funny thing was that I didn't stop once, so it must have fallen off while I was riding. My guess is that the fasteners that held it on vibrated out.

So anyway, has anything like this happened to any of you? Or has anybody replaced the OEM light with a LED one, if so which one?

Thanks, Pete
__________________
2009 Husqvarna TE-610
2005 Honda CRF 250X
pete613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #25159
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Flashman1's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Tucson
Oddometer: 5,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2o_snow View Post
Flash,

How do you air up on the fly?

D606 rear has been a pretty good compromise for me and the local moto shop generally will match or beat the interweb. I prefer to give them my $.

Thanks.
I use a little 12 volt air compressor - I think it made by slime. It is very small and quick.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #25160
tlking6
Gnarly Adventurer
 
tlking6's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Lower Left Side
Oddometer: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete613 View Post
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this has been covered before but today I went out for a little ride. When I left my house, all was good with the bike, when I got back home my tail light was missing. The license plate bracket was still attached. Funny thing was that I didn't stop once, so it must have fallen off while I was riding. My guess is that the fasteners that held it on vibrated out.

So anyway, has anything like this happened to any of you? Or has anybody replaced the OEM light with a LED one, if so which one?

Thanks, Pete
The stock one? I didnt get 1k miles before that POS cracked in half and fell to pieces. Not just the tail light,, the whole assembly went into the trash.
__________________
08 Husky 610 TE
01 KTM 453 MXC
tlking6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #25161
BarberPole
Short of the Clacker
 
BarberPole's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Boone, NC
Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2o_snow View Post
Flash,

How do you air up on the fly?

D606 rear has been a pretty good compromise for me and the local moto shop generally will match or beat the interweb. I prefer to give them my $.

Thanks.
I use a Bell bicycle pump and fellow riders have very small Schwinn pumps.

They are only about 8" long with handle fitting around pump casing.
They put out
surprising amount of air per stroke.
__________________
Finally free......to be a Servant to Thee
BarberPole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #25162
pete613
Adventurer
 
pete613's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Jersey
Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlking6 View Post
The stock one? I didnt get 1k miles before that POS cracked in half and fell to pieces. Not just the tail light,, the whole assembly went into the trash.
Yeah, the stock one. It was weird that the red plastic lense and the mounting hardware was just all gone and the light was hanging by the wires. I've been thinking about an LED tail light for a while now, so I guess this is the perfect opportunity to upgrade.
__________________
2009 Husqvarna TE-610
2005 Honda CRF 250X
pete613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #25163
g.mccormick
Gnarly Adventurer
 
g.mccormick's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: New Whiteland, IN
Oddometer: 145
Clutch bushing

What bushing is it that people are having to replace? Is it the outer basket bushing? I have the side cover off to tighten the nut, I noticed that i can get quite a bit of wiggle out of the basket. Can anyone tell me the part # please.
g.mccormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #25164
g.mccormick
Gnarly Adventurer
 
g.mccormick's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: New Whiteland, IN
Oddometer: 145
crank nut size

Can anyone tell me the crank nut size? I'm needing to get asocket tomorrow. Is it 38mm?
g.mccormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #25165
EricMN
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Northern Minnesota
Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.mccormick View Post
What bushing is it that people are having to replace? Is it the outer basket bushing? I have the side cover off to tighten the nut, I noticed that i can get quite a bit of wiggle out of the basket. Can anyone tell me the part # please.
Its the bronze bushing for the outer basket. The parts diagram shows two different sizes, On my 2007, the bushing was part# 1615 38802, measures 28mm OD x 25mm ID. (The other one is #8000 72943 26mm OD x 23mm ID).
EricMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #25166
g.mccormick
Gnarly Adventurer
 
g.mccormick's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: New Whiteland, IN
Oddometer: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMN View Post
Its the bronze bushing for the outer basket. The parts diagram shows two different sizes, On my 2007, the bushing was part# 1615 38802, measures 28mm OD x 25mm ID. (The other one is #8000 72943 26mm OD x 23mm ID).
I saw that too. I may just order both instead of tearing down to measure. Thanks
g.mccormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #25167
g.mccormick
Gnarly Adventurer
 
g.mccormick's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: New Whiteland, IN
Oddometer: 145
Mirrors

I remember seeing a post somewhere in this thread about mirrors. It was using another Husky models mirrors, they were cheap and worked really well. I need mirrors, and can't find that post. Anyone help out?
g.mccormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #25168
Baroquenride
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Clark Co, WA
Oddometer: 645
Check out Aprilia Tuono mirrors. I have them on mine and they're AWESOME. Kinda spendy though but I was able to get them cheap at my local Italian bike shop.
__________________
2000 Honda VFR800, 2008 Husqvarna TE-610
Baroquenride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #25169
BiG DoM
African Adventurer
 
BiG DoM's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: South Africa
Oddometer: 2,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.mccormick View Post
I remember seeing a post somewhere in this thread about mirrors. It was using another Husky models mirrors, they were cheap and worked really well. I need mirrors, and can't find that post. Anyone help out?

Look at the folding mirror options - have worked really well for me, can be folded away if need be and also less likely to break if tip over as they fold back.
__________________
BiG DoM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... 'Fuck, what a trip!'

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcyclists.
BiG DoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #25170
duanew1
In my Pajama pants
 
duanew1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Huntsville, AL
Oddometer: 749
Mirrors

Just look here:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571500
__________________
Bikes I own
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1992 Yamaha XT225
2008 SYM HD200
duanew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014