Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #25201
tlking6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by uska View Post
I think it may be the temp sensor as my fan kicks in randomly. But could the sensor be connected with the fact that the bike barely starts when cold?
It could be. It think it goes rich when the sensor fails because the puter is sensing a hot motor. Mine did anyway. It still started okay cold though but I had to give it throttle. I would change the sensor out either way if your fan is acting funny. They have updated the part and its pretty cheap. Under $20 if I remember right.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #25202
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,844
TCI Sequoia Rack for sale in the Parts section

Hey guys. I was doing some garage cleaning today and decided to list up my TCI Sequoia Rack that I used on my 2009 Husky TE610 - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...php?p=21394007
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #25203
Dr Klaun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 401
I'm finally getting ready to mount up my Safari tank and per the many gas leak issues by others (from Cafe Husky) using the stock o-ring and the uneven mounting surface at the fuel pump area, I thought I'd cut a new thicker gasket from Viton.

Anyone know what the diamter / thickness is of the stock o-ring? I prefer to have all the materials on hand (since I have to order them) prior to disassembly.

Also, would anyone know the actual size / spec of the OEM o-ring? There may be an off chance that there would be a cross match to a product better and cheaper than the Husky part....

Thanks!

96 R1100RSL (red)
08 TE610
Dr Klaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #25204
drrags
Dorkus Malorkus

Oddometer: 1,810
I took a long file and "planed" the surface of the tank to almost level (level enough that the o-ring could compensate). There's enough meat in the plastic and the brass inserts to successfully do this. I did it to both the 610 and the 450 last year with no problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Klaun View Post
I'm finally getting ready to mount up my Safari tank and per the many gas leak issues by others (from Cafe Husky) using the stock o-ring and the uneven mounting surface at the fuel pump area, I thought I'd cut a new thicker gasket from Viton.

Anyone know what the diamter / thickness is of the stock o-ring? I prefer to have all the materials on hand (since I have to order them) prior to disassembly.

Also, would anyone know the actual size / spec of the OEM o-ring? There may be an off chance that there would be a cross match to a product better and cheaper than the Husky part....

Thanks!
drrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #25205
Dr Klaun
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrags View Post
I took a long file and "planed" the surface of the tank to almost level (level enough that the o-ring could compensate). There's enough meat in the plastic and the brass inserts to successfully do this. I did it to both the 610 and the 450 last year with no problems.
Thanks! I already started in that direction to a point, but glad to know it's worked! I've got a bit more work to do as the surface is pretty uneven. I'm not really concerned with taking it down a bit as there seems to be plenty of thickness. Did you reuse the original o-ring or replace it?

96 R1100RSL (red)
08 TE610
Old 05-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #25206
drrags
Dorkus Malorkus

Oddometer: 1,810
I used the original o-ring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Klaun View Post
Thanks! I already started in that direction to a point, but glad to know it's worked! I've got a bit more work to do as the surface is pretty uneven. I'm not really concerned with taking it down a bit as there seems to be plenty of thickness. Did you reuse the original o-ring or replace it?
drrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #25207
stujamur
Havin the craic

Oddometer: 1,120
Motard wheels on te610

I am looking at getting a set of motard wheels for my 09te610. My local shop quoted me 2500 aud for thalons with all the other bits .

I have found a second hand set of sm510 wheels - does anyone know if these will fit ..? Edit - wheels are sold .

stujamur screwed with this post 05-17-2013 at 09:13 PM
stujamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #25208
JonXX
Infraction Collector

Oddometer: 346
Yes the 510 wheels will fit, but you'll need to use the 610 spacers and the 610 rear rotor. The front brake set up would be, of course, completely different. You can use the TE master and caliper with an offset bracket off the fork, but the stock SM Brembo stuff or a Beringer setup would be much better.

"They" said we couldn't run the OBDR on supermotos...
JonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #25209
Pcq
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Hi guys!

Just picked up a 2000 610te ...

located in Spain ...

after the 640adv this bike really feels much wilder, much more of a large enduro than a trail.

its really like an xr but with elec start .

an amazing bike..!!

Looking fwd to riding it more and discussing this bike with all of you...

Pcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:20 AM   #25210
Taranis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
You're welcome here, of course, but there is also another thread for the 2000-2005 models, since they are a bit different.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #25211
Pcq
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
You're welcome here, of course, but there is also another thread for the 2000-2005 models, since they are a bit different.
ok gotcha, thanks, you must mean this thread

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...ight=husqvarna
Pcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #25212
Oaxacuzano
Dromo maniac

Oddometer: 61
Fuel pump

The fuel pump of my TE610 is no working any more at almost 5 years and 64,800 Km (40,500 miles)
I check the original module and cost $ 606 dollars, too much.

I found only the replacement ( the motor with impulsor ) at $ 70 dollars

The brand http://www.highflowfuel.com/

Below the link to e-bay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Intank-F...#ht_2371wt_959
Oaxacuzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #25213
Dr Klaun
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
New mounting plate for the speedo solved all the routing problems...

Since then I have raised the bars 1 1/16" with no issues.

Don't mean to resurrect an old post or if Boatman is still around, but I'm mounting my X2 HID light and would like to fab up a dash similar to this one. Have it all laid out on the aluminum ready to cut, but would like to know what was done at the handlebar mounts where the surface is "dimpled" for the rubber dampers? Was a flat surface used at the thru-bolts or was it pressed into the shape of the OEM system?

Thanks for the help!

96 R1100RSL (red)
08 TE610
Old 05-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #25214
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 728
my 610

Well, after owning for a couple months, cleaned it up, took off a few stickers, got a new rear shoe, Pirelli XCMH and a couple of questions...
1. Is it fine to ride without the Tubliss system in the rear, just using a regular tube (for those folks that have the Tubliss system)?
2. On the instrument gauge, what do the digital bars on the left side tell me, as they go up and down?

Thanks for the input, getting ready to take her on the Hooch ride here in GA...my first bonding with her!

TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #25215
motopreserve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
The bars are the tach. Don't tell you too much :). There are settings that will show a readout in digits.

MotoPreserve -- a blog about wrenching on bikes in Barre, VT...
motopreserve is offline   Reply With Quote