TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #25217
motopreserve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGERRIDER007 View Post
Thank you sir!
My pleasure. I recall looking up the measurement of each "bar" on there - finally have up and chose one of the pages that gives you a straight digit readout.

Have a blast on the bike. I'm sure you will.

MotoPreserve -- a blog about wrenching on bikes in Barre, VT...
motopreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:58 PM   #25218
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,191
Just a note... If anyone wants a good replacement oil filler cap check eBay, $18 or $19 and they don't weep.

1 lunger screwed with this post 05-31-2013 at 03:08 PM
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:29 AM   #25219
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,536
I had that same red anodized cap on my 610. The anodizing wasn't the best, however, and it faded to pink in short order. The black version of the same cap held up much better.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:16 AM   #25220
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
I had that same red anodized cap on my 610. The anodizing wasn't the best, however, and it faded to pink in short order. The black version of the same cap held up much better.
So it should match the 7602 bits that also faded to a pinkish color.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #25221
motogo1
I don't want a pickle,...

Oddometer: 1,087
610 no spark

Took a little spill this weekend and managed to break a small hole in the top of the stator cover. We took the cover off and no apparent damage inside, but the bike has no spark. Turns over fine. We checked fuses, connections,etc. Any suggestions? 06 610 with 20,000 miles. Can you damage the stator with a good hit? All you electric gurus have any suggestions. I know BASIC electric. TIA.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #25222
MSU Yooper
Michigan Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Cigar Mike's Center Stand

I have attempted to contact Cigar Mike to get an answer to this, but I have not heard back from him in the two weeks since I first emailed him, so I thought I would reach out to the forum for a response.

I have one of his center stands for my 610, but at the time I placed the order I did not know what mounting option I would require. Of course, it turned out that I needed the opposite mounting option than what I indicated to Mike. I now realize that I have the factory welded tab located on the underside of the swingarm that is used to attach the spring. My question, for those who have purchased one of his center stands, is what type of fastener, or bolt is used to attach the spring to the threaded insert. Just by looking, it appears to take a 6mm bolt. Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to PM responses or photos. Thanks, Tom
MSU Yooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #25223
drrags
Dorkus Malorkus

Oddometer: 1,810
I don't see how damage to the stator would affect starting the bike. The bike should start off of the battery, including getting its spark. I guess if it were me, I'd check the kill switch first. Depending on the hit it took, maybe you injected dirt and crud in it? Then I'd check other connections that could be affected by a hit, say, anything that could have been yanked out by a sudden turn in the forks. I think the stator is a red herring. Break out the Volt Ohm Meter and start the tedious task of tracing electrical paths. Sorry, I wish I had more for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motogo1 View Post
Took a little spill this weekend and managed to break a small hole in the top of the stator cover. We took the cover off and no apparent damage inside, but the bike has no spark. Turns over fine. We checked fuses, connections,etc. Any suggestions? 06 610 with 20,000 miles. Can you damage the stator with a good hit? All you electric gurus have any suggestions. I know BASIC electric. TIA.
drrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #25224
singletrak
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
I am going to change out the fork springs on my 06 TE610. Are there any fork springs (for a non shiver fork) that are compatible to the 45 mm shivers, that I could use instead?

Singletrak
singletrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #25225
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

They sent me the wrong color X2 light, but with the decal, I like it!
Old 06-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #25226
esp41
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
So, What's gonna break?

I'm leaving for my TAT run in two weeks. Bike has been gone through front to rear (New wheel bearing, sprockets, chain, cam chain, lube everything, reinforced rear rack and way to many farkles to mention).

What bike specific (2006 TE610) spare parts would you carry. Voltage regulator? Capacitor for jumping the bike if the battery (LiPo) dies?

I have the usual extra master link, tire tube and patch kit, etc. I am only wondering what might break on thebike that would be hard to acquire on the road.

Mike
1993 Harley Heritage Classic
Tomos ST
esp41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #25227
larryboy
Leisurely Liar

Oddometer: 13,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by esp41 View Post
I'm leaving for my TAT run in two weeks. Bike has been gone through front to rear (New wheel bearing, sprockets, chain, cam chain, lube everything, reinforced rear rack and way to many farkles to mention).

What bike specific (2006 TE610) spare parts would you carry. Voltage regulator? Capacitor for jumping the bike if the battery (LiPo) dies?

I have the usual extra master link, tire tube and patch kit, etc. I am only wondering what might break on thebike that would be hard to acquire on the road.

Mike

Clutch cables, plural.

Wheel bearings...did you replace the outer spacers too? Carry a spare set of rear bearings, that inner one is Husky specific.

Cam follower bearings? The needles start wearing into the shafts at about 8,000 miles or so. They're cheap to replace and make a mess if they seize.

If you're going solo a fresh air filter will make the full distance, if you're sucking dust behind a buddy a spare filter is nice.

I never worried about my battery on my old 2007 and the 2006 stator put out fewer watts.

Go over the wheels really good, I was snapping spokes by Moab on the rear wheel. I missed finding them loose, didn't put it together in my head when the bike started chewing up rim strips...spokes were probably loose before I left home.

Did you put better bolts and lock nuts on the top motor mount already? Mine fell apart in Death Valley.

Foot peg bolts too, get some 12.9 bolts and red loctite those bastards in there.

Coolant hose clamps, if you're not gonna replace all of them at least bring a handful of spares...it really sucks when it sprays a geyser of coolant at you and you get to use your drinking water to save the bike. Zip ties work really good for a broken clamp that's hard to get to.

Prepare yourself to sell that clapper when you're done...it's gonna be thrashed. Have fun!!!

Oh yeah, you're kind of down to the wire on this one...clutch basket bushing and the spring cups are good?
larryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #25228
esp41
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Clutch cables, plural.

Rekluse cures clutch cable woes.

Wheel bearings...did you replace the outer spacers too? Carry a spare set of rear bearings, that inner one is Husky specific.

I did not replace spacers, Just the bearings. Bike only has about 5K miles on her.

Cam follower bearings? The needles start wearing into the shafts at about 8,000 miles or so. They're cheap to replace and make a mess if they seize.

Should have done that while I was in the motor. That would not be a fun trail side repair.

If you're going solo a fresh air filter will make the full distance, if you're sucking dust behind a buddy a spare filter is nice.

Got a buddy, a new filter, and 3 filter socks....

I never worried about my battery on my old 2007 and the 2006 stator put out fewer watts.

Go over the wheels really good, I was snapping spokes by Moab on the rear wheel. I missed finding them loose, didn't put it together in my head when the bike started chewing up rim strips...spokes were probably loose before I left home.

Spokes torqued (even used a spoke torque wrench)

Did you put better bolts and lock nuts on the top motor mount already? Mine fell apart in Death Valley.

Heck yes, and lock tite is a bikes 2nd best friend. ( Momentum is a bikes best friend)

Foot peg bolts too, get some 12.9 bolts and red loctite those bastards in there.

Good one, and done

Coolant hose clamps, if you're not gonna replace all of them at least bring a handful of spares...it really sucks when it sprays a geyser of coolant at you and you get to use your drinking water to save the bike. Zip ties work really good for a broken clamp that's hard to get to.

New hoses- check! I do have spare clamps and plenty of zip ties!

Prepare yourself to sell that clapper when you're done...it's gonna be thrashed. Have fun!!!

Maybe I will just ride it into the Pacific and leave it there. Then I can say I am eco-friendly because I created an artificial reef.

Oh yeah, you're kind of down to the wire on this one...clutch basket bushing and the spring cups are good?
Did the spring cups and bushing while I was installing the Rekluse. Clutch cable pull is extremely light.

I have been planning this trip for three years. I bought the bike almost two years ago and have been steadily getting it ready. I think I made a good choice going with the Husky. My buddy sprung for a new KTM690. We have a bet on who is going to break 1st.
Tomos ST
Old 06-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #25229
uska
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by esp41 View Post
Did the spring cups and bushing while I was installing the Rekluse. Clutch cable pull is extremely light.

I have been planning this trip for three years. I bought the bike almost two years ago and have been steadily getting it ready. I think I made a good choice going with the Husky. My buddy sprung for a new KTM690. We have a bet on who is going to break 1st.
Which model rekluse clutch fits the te 610?
uska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #25230
esp41
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uska View Post
Which model rekluse clutch fits the te 610?
None are specifically made for the 610. I bought one for the 570. For some, I have heard the 570 is a direct fit. Others like me had to do some fiddling. I had to grind down the rivet heads that hold the clutch basket to the gear and I also had to add a spacer between the inner and outer clutch basket. There is a good thread over in Cafe Husky on the rekluse and the 610.

Mike
Tomos ST