Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #25336
uska
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
So the block can be driven out? Thank god, i tried hitting it with a screw driver>hammer and it just gouged up.. Ill try using more force next time..
Scotts damper - already bought
Will pick it up and install tomorrow for the ride were doing this weekend in Wellston, MI.

CANNOT WAIT to try the newly installed pivot pegz, scorpion pro front tire and the scotts damper. Theres plenty fine sand and whoops in Wellston so i should feel some difference.

uska screwed with this post 07-02-2013 at 05:49 PM Reason: typos cleared up
uska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #25337
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by uska View Post
So the block can be driven out? Thank god, i tried hitting it with a screw driver>hammer and it just gouged up.. Ill try using more force next time..
Scotts damper - already bought
Will pick it up and install tomorrow for the ride were doing this weekend in Wellston, MI.

CANNOT WAIT to try the newly installed pivot pegz, scorpion pro front tire and the scotts damper. Theres plenty fine sand and whoops in Wellston so i should feel some difference.

I wear stiff MX boots when not commuting and the pivotpegsz do more to ease shifting then any thing else for me on the 610. I do like them. Have them on my 450 as well.
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #25338
BiG DoM
African Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by K7MDL View Post
I wear stiff MX boots when not commuting and the pivotpegsz do more to ease shifting then any thing else for me on the 610. I do like them. Have them on my 450 as well.
Agree 1000+ on PPegz. Have them on the TE610, G450X and HP2

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... 'Fuck, what a trip!'

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcyclists.
BiG DoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #25339
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Hey, so did you guys know that you have to put on the top of the engine back on so that the rockers actually depress the valves before trying to do a valve job? Finding TDCC is WAY harder when the valves never move, but the visibility and access was so much better...

Grrrrr it's been one of them dayz
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:33 AM   #25340
BiG DoM
African Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,458
Sorry you lost me there?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... 'Fuck, what a trip!'

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcyclists.
BiG DoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:23 AM   #25341
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG DoM View Post
Sorry you lost me there?
Not nearly as lost as I was, sitting there spinning the back tire watching the valves do *nothing* and then realizing (slowly) that they actually sorta need the rockers to make em work.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 07-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #25342
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post
Not nearly as lost as I was, sitting there spinning the back tire watching the valves do *nothing* and then realizing (slowly) that they actually sorta need the rockers to make em work.
Not like the engines where the rocker arms are bolted to the head.

I sold my TE610 last week, so have a new address for you to mail the puller to when you are done.
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #25343
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Nipple on spark plug?

I'm slowly putting my bike back together and the Spark Plug Wire does not want to attach. The plug only has the threaded end on it, which I thought was how it is but now I'm guessing that it's supposed to have the little nipple thing on it? Which I guess begs the next question of what happened to mine and oh crap I hope I didn't drop it in the cylinder!

So can anyone confirm if the 08 610 attaches to the plug via the threads or the adapter thingy?
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 07-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #25344
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,175
The adapter. Look in the plug boot and see if it unscrewed it it.
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #25345
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,175
Just ordered an acerbis skid plate for the 610. Are these new? I've never seen them before? $65 shipped, so if is shit I won't feel bad.
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #25346
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post
I'm slowly putting my bike back together and the Spark Plug Wire does not want to attach. The plug only has the threaded end on it, which I thought was how it is but now I'm guessing that it's supposed to have the little nipple thing on it? Which I guess begs the next question of what happened to mine and oh crap I hope I didn't drop it in the cylinder!

So can anyone confirm if the 08 610 attaches to the plug via the threads or the adapter thingy?
Yes, it uses the curved adapter, not the spark plug threaded lead only.

[Beavis] Heh. He said 'nipple'. heh heh heh [/Beavis]
Old 07-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #25347
uska
Gnarly Adventurer

Just got back from MI and everything was better than expected. Weather and trails were great, saw a grizzly, and most importantly all the new mods (scorpion pro front tire, scotts damper, bar rise, ppegz) were an incredible addition to the bike.

Here's one of the videos from this mornings Lincoln HillLoop ride.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #25348
uska
Gnarly Adventurer

Old 07-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #25349
uska
Gnarly Adventurer

Oh by the way, while unloading bike in Michigan I found out my fork seals are leaking really bad. cleaned them up with a cut up plastic card and one of them stopped leaking and the other one still leaks a tiny bit. To check the oil level do I have to twist off the whole cap on top of the fork? I might have ridden without any oil left in one of those forks. :/
Old 07-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #25350
Lateralus180
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Where did you buy yours from? I just bought one from Western Power Sports at powersportsuperstore.com. It said on their site that it fits the 250, 310, 450, 510, 610, 630. It doesn't fit my 610 and not even close....doesn't look like the photo either. It's really narrow and small for the smaller huskys. I'm in the process of returning it. I checker Acerbis' web site and couldn't find one for a 610 at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
Just ordered an acerbis skid plate for the 610. Are these new? I've never seen them before? $65 shipped, so if is shit I won't feel bad.

Lateralus180 screwed with this post 07-08-2013 at 08:34 PM
Lateralus180 is offline   Reply With Quote