Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2013, 05:04 AM   #25531
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,175
Yes, I put " Right Stuff " on the threads and as a gasket. I do that ever time and it never weeps oil.

I felt the same way when trying my friends berg. It will take a bit of time and you'll get comfortable on it.
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:29 AM   #25532
stujamur
Havin the craic

Oddometer: 1,119
Where can new front and rear fender plastics be bought from ?
Old 09-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #25533
tlking6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
Yes, I put " Right Stuff " on the threads and as a gasket. I do that ever time and it never weeps oil.
I doubled up on the paper gaskets, dry, last time with a dab of sealant on the threads and after 1500 miles,, no weepage,,, so far anyway.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #25534
djborden
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
2009 TE610, looking for pricing advice

Im looking for some pricing advice.

2009 TE610 in excellent shape with about 4.5k miles
Renazco Seat, very comfortable
Machined aluminum radiator guards
Aftermarket Exhaust(need to get brand,model)
Acerbis Hand Guards
Bash plate
Machined aluminum tail rack
Peg re-locators
Brand new D606s(not installed yet)
Factory Exhaust, spare new clutch cable, 2x air filters included as well

Pics here: http://lightdance.zenfolio.com/p613975607

I may be missing a few bits but thats the bulk of it. Bike runs perfect and would prefer not to sell, but purchased a larger dual sport and don't have room for both. Bike is in Northern CA near Sacramento.

Any advice re pricing would be appreciated.

David
djborden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #25535
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by djborden View Post
Im looking for some pricing advice.

2009 TE610 in excellent shape with about 4.5k miles
Renazco Seat, very comfortable
Machined aluminum radiator guards
Aftermarket Exhaust(need to get brand,model)
Acerbis Hand Guards
Bash plate
Machined aluminum tail rack
Peg re-locators
Brand new D606s(not installed yet)
Factory Exhaust, spare new clutch cable, 2x air filters included as well

Pics here: http://lightdance.zenfolio.com/p613975607

I may be missing a few bits but thats the bulk of it. Bike runs perfect and would prefer not to sell, but purchased a larger dual sport and don't have room for both. Bike is in Northern CA near Sacramento.

Any advice re pricing would be appreciated.

David
Whatever the market will bear. My guess around $5,000
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #25536
djborden
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Thanks Tom!

Anyone else have input?

David
djborden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #25537
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

I put my loaded 09 610 up for sale this summer for $4800 and got nothing, but Husqy just had to have another fire sale right after I listed it. You could get a new 449-511 or terra for $6k. That's over now, so...
Old 09-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #25538
CO-or-bust
Wobbly Barn

Oddometer: 167
Question "Clip type" chain + "Play" in the rear Brake Rotor ?'s

Just ordered new MT21 knobby and a MT43 Trials tire, Renthal 47 tooth + both a 14 and 15 tooth front sprockets for my '09 TE610. I also bought an "EK" brand o-ring chain (520 x 120 links). I'll need to cut it down to 114 links, but that's okay.

#1. Any input on these "EK" chains? It's a Japanese brand, but that doesn't worry me --- even on this Swedish/Italian/Euro-bike... . Other than the NON-Husky dealer's input though, I have NO knowledge (apparently used all the time on Honda's, Yamaha's, Suzuki's, etc. = seems fine to me... Am I missing something? Oh, and it was $72 btw.)

#2. I use my TE as a true Dual Sport = Will ride it 200-300 miles, loaded down with all my gear, to get TO a weekend "ADV" ride, then ride the trails hard, and ride her back home. Any problem with using a "clip type" master link? It comes with the clip type, but the manufacturer recommends "using a riveted type master link for all street and dual sport motorcycles". Should I either go buy "a riveted type master link" to fit this chain, or should I return it and buy some other chain that comes with a riveted type? Or not worry about it and just use the clip type link?

#3. All this focus on the rear wheel brought to light that I have some "play" in the rear rotor. If you grab it with your hand you can literally shake it/wiggle it back and forth a bit. NOT much, but any movement can't be good/right... I already tried tightening the screws, and AS I was telling my neighbor that you can't go crazy and over tighten them, I snapped one off and will have to drill it out now --- Doh!!! Btw, I have NO "play" in the front rotor.

Thanks, my Husky Brethren
"COorbust"
P.S. "Brethren: fellow members, or archaic form of brothers", for those of you in Rio Linda
Old 09-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #25539
MasterChief
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by COorbust View Post
Just ordered new MT21 knobby and a MT43 Trials tire, Renthal 47 tooth + both a 14 and 15 tooth front sprockets for my '09 TE610. I also bought an "EK" brand o-ring chain (520 x 120 links). I'll need to cut it down to 114 links, but that's okay.

#1. Any input on these "EK" chains? It's a Japanese brand, but that doesn't worry me --- even on this Swedish/Italian/Euro-bike... . Other than the NON-Husky dealer's input though, I have NO knowledge (apparently used all the time on Honda's, Yamaha's, Suzuki's, etc. = seems fine to me... Am I missing something? Oh, and it was $72 btw.)

#2. I use my TE as a true Dual Sport = Will ride it 200-300 miles, loaded down with all my gear, to get TO a weekend "ADV" ride, then ride the trails hard, and ride her back home. Any problem with using a "clip type" master link? It comes with the clip type, but the manufacturer recommends "using a riveted type master link for all street and dual sport motorcycles". Should I either go buy "a riveted type master link" to fit this chain, or should I return it and buy some other chain that comes with a riveted type? Or not worry about it and just use the clip type link?

#3. All this focus on the rear wheel brought to light that I have some "play" in the rear rotor. If you grab it with your hand you can literally shake it/wiggle it back and forth a bit. NOT much, but any movement can't be good/right... I already tried tightening the screws, and AS I was telling my neighbor that you can't go crazy and over tighten them, I snapped one off and will have to drill it out now --- Doh!!! Btw, I have NO "play" in the front rotor.

Thanks, my Husky Brethren
"COorbust"
P.S. "Brethren: fellow members, or archaic form of brothers", for those of you in Rio Linda

I have never had an EK chain, but have used clip master links for years with no problems.

Rear rotor is "floating" it should be "loose." No need to break any more bolts
Old 09-08-2013, 03:04 AM   #25540
boxerr80
Rob T

Oddometer: 36
New Chain

Nothing wrong with EK O ring chains , up there with the best.
I ride my bike a lot on the black top often over a 1,000 Km in a weekend no problems. I use 15- 47 gearing which is good set up will still cruse at 120 Plus KPH without any stress oin the engine.
I replaced my joining link with a clip as I lost the clip but the chain did not let go lucky. The TE 610 has a serious chain guide which is very close to the chain even rubs if I get mud in the guide and i think this could easly unclip a clip join.
The chain for both tyes of links are the same just the link type changes you would be able to purcahse the rivet link and use this and keep the clip type link as a spare cost a few bucks but you need a tool to burr over the pins on the rivet link.

Let me know how the gearing goes

Rob
boxerr80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:33 AM   #25541
CO-or-bust
Wobbly Barn

Oddometer: 167
Eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
Rear rotor is "floating" it should be "loose." No need to break any more bolts

Okay, now I REALLY feel like a moran
Old 09-08-2013, 06:43 AM   #25542
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

I haven't tried this, but I've heard that a bit of silicone between the rings and the disc will help with the rattle. I only hear it when starting off, after that the motor drowns it out. It bothers some more than others. I guess I'm one of the "others".
Old 09-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #25543
Taranis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
I haven't tried this, but I've heard that a bit of silicone between the rings and the disc will help with the rattle. I only hear it when starting off, after that the motor drowns it out. It bothers some more than others. I guess I'm one of the "others".
That would also be likely to create a lateral runout condition that would lead to judder. The best condition for it to be in is perfectly clean with as much float as the manufactured dimensions of the parts will allow.

The floating function allows the disc to get hot, even to the point that it may glow, and expand accordingly. The disc is stainless steel, which has a high coefficient of thermal expansion (more than plain steel, still less than aluminum). If it gets really hot while the lugs are pinned rigidly to the much cooler hub, the extra size shows up as the rotor distorting with lateral waves to allow for the greater circumferential length. This leads to judder and uneven pad transfer and more judder as the contact force varies at different points around the rotor.

Sport bikes typically have floating fronts and usually solid-bolted rears, since they stop on the nose and just use the rear for trimming or not at all.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #25544
Lateralus180
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
I'm looking to buy some 1 and 1/8 bar clamps for my 07 TE610. The bike came with 7/8 clamps. Will aftermarket clamps from a TE510 fit the 610? I don't see an option for 610 on web sites..

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/20...mmy_source=pdp
Lateralus180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #25545
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

I don't think the 510 will fit the 610 triple clamps.