1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #25577
Fasttrak
Captain Crash

Oddometer: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
TE
Still looking damned good, 1 lunger! Would of figured all that desert riding you do would have had her torn up a bit more.

Fasttrak screwed with this post 09-16-2013 at 08:53 PM Reason: Must of been thinking of some else with the desert riding, CT is kind of sparse for desert riding :-P
Fasttrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #25578
Xcuvator
Justa Venturer

Oddometer: 1,353
There may be some leaking from the valve inspection covers and bolts but they all weep (until good sealant is applied) from the top cover sealing surface.

So much riding-so little time
Xcuvator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:14 AM   #25579
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttrak View Post
Still looking damned good, 1 lunger! Would of figured all that desert riding you do would have had her torn up a bit more.
I'm on the east coast, NE to be exact. All I ride is woods. That pic isn't a close up. Trust me, there's a few zip ties and duct tape in there. However, the big stuff gets fixed right away and I wash it after every event. It is still in great shape for the year and riding I do, thanks!
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #25580
CO-or-bust
Wobbly Barn

Oddometer: 167
Thumb

Quote:
You, Sir, are a brave man! NJ to CO is a very long ride!
Sometimes there is a fine line between crazy and brave --- I think I'll go with your version though and stick with "brave"...

Quote:
The OEM deal for $30, is that for rears too?
The Hall's deal is specifically on the 40, 50, and 51 tooth rear sprockets. I talked to them and those sprockets are kind of on the extremes, thus aren't huge sellers, and they simply are overstocked on them right now. It's a great deal if you're looking for either of the "extremes"...

Quote:
BTW, hope you enjoyed yourself up at Hell in the hills yesterday!! I know I did!
ABSOFUCKINLUTELY!!! The Triple proved to be one Helluva ride! Glad I stuck with the DS ride --- trust me that was plenty challenging enough for me....... LOVED IT!!!
Old 09-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #25581
h2o_snow
Water, snow & dirt too.

Oddometer: 722
Free TE 610 Racks For A Lucky NE Inmate

OK Lads so heres the deal.

I'm looking for a tail and side racks for my 06'. Really liked the looks of what Tom at Moto Racks was building.

http://www.moto-racks.com/Products.html

Asked about a fab/fit for a TE - he has not built one but would like too. I quote.

" I don't currently carry a rack for the TE 610. I would offer free racks to whoever would bring one here and let me use it for R&D for a few days, and then I could add them to the product line. A mention of it on the proper forums might pull someone out out the woodwork."

So here yah go. Thank me later. If I weren't in Potatoland I'd be all over this.

Tom is in S. Rygate NH. 802-584-3441.

And a question. What is the production run on the frames. I'm not familiar enough to know if they changed at all with the FI bikes???
Over the hills where the spirits fly,
I really don't know.
h2o_snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #25582
Whitfield
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183

Previous owner de-smog'd it. I'm thinking maybe he missed a step. I found this tucked up under the tank today...

Searching Searching Searching Searching Searching Searching Searching...
Whitfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:35 AM   #25583
Taranis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Those are all the carb vent lines. Buy a chunk of vent line and run it up high around the steering head so you can go through water. The FCR vents do draw in air, so you'll want to put a sintered (so it doesn't swell and stop flowing if water gets in it) fuel filter on the end.

Another option is the 7602 Racing carb vent kit.

An intermediate good idea would be to identify which vent line comes off the bottom of the float bowl. That one is not exposed to vacuum, so it doesn't need to be filtered. But if you run that hose straight down past the linkage like on a normal dirt bike, it will signal an overfilled float bowl, stuck fload valve, etc. by dripping fuel on the ground. If the float bowl overfills while the bike is laying on its side, it will correct the situation. The hoses as they are run higher than the carb, so they can't relieve an overfilled float bowl.

While you're at it, make sure the green valve on the tank vent is gone. Those can fail closed and cause all sorts of problems with overpressurizing the tank.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:49 AM   #25584
esp41
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitfield View Post

Previous owner de-smog'd it. I'm thinking maybe he missed a step. I found this tucked up under the tank today...

Searching Searching Searching Searching Searching Searching Searching...
Could they be rerouted carb vent tubes?

Edit: Doh. 205'ed!
1993 Harley Heritage Classic
Tomos ST
esp41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #25585
Whitfield
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
Another option is the 7602 Racing carb vent kit.

An intermediate good idea would be to identify which vent line comes off the bottom of the float bowl. That one is not exposed to vacuum, so it doesn't need to be filtered. But if you run that hose straight down past the linkage like on a normal dirt bike, it will signal an overfilled float bowl, stuck fload valve, etc. by dripping fuel on the ground. If the float bowl overfills while the bike is laying on its side, it will correct the situation. The hoses as they are run higher than the carb, so they can't relieve an overfilled float bowl.

While you're at it, make sure the green valve on the tank vent is gone. Those can fail closed and cause all sorts of problems with overpressurizing the tank.

Green valve IS gone. THanks!

Making a 7602 parts list ~ beginning with Case saver...

I was wondering why the failed petcock and failed needle / seat were hydrolocking the engine. Had to install a Briggs & Stratton style plastic in-line petcock to shut off the fuel and keep it rideable until new parts came in. I hope to go into the carb and make repairs tomorrow.

On the float overflow ~ I've heard horror stories of siphoning if the hose is not routed correctly ~ not necessarily with the Husky but other carbs.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:12 AM   #25586
h2o_snow
Water, snow & dirt too.

Oddometer: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2o_snow View Post
OK Lads so heres the deal.

I'm looking for a tail and side racks for my 06'. Really liked the looks of what Tom at Moto Racks was building.

http://www.moto-racks.com/Products.html

Asked about a fab/fit for a TE - he has not built one but would like too. I quote.

" I don't currently carry a rack for the TE 610. I would offer free racks to whoever would bring one here and let me use it for R&D for a few days, and then I could add them to the product line. A mention of it on the proper forums might pull someone out out the woodwork."

So here yah go. Thank me later. If I weren't in Potatoland I'd be all over this.

Tom is in S. Rygate NH. 802-584-3441.

And a question. What is the production run on the frames. I'm not familiar enough to know if they changed at all with the FI bikes???
No takers?
Over the hills where the spirits fly,
I really don't know.
h2o_snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:19 AM   #25587
Taranis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
On the float overflow ~ I've heard horror stories of siphoning if the hose is not routed correctly ~ not necessarily with the Husky but other carbs.
If you mean dumping the whole gas tank on the garage floor, that would seem to be misunderstanding the problem. The end of the overflow tube is open to the air chamber of the float bowl, and the bowl is vented apart from that, so there's no way for the overflow to "siphon" anything. If the fuel shutoff valve at the tank and the float & needle both fail to control fuel flow, the bowl overflow won't do anything to stop it. Even if the hose is routed up high, that only leads to fuel running out the vents and either into the engine or the airbox. The correct routing is as straight down as possible - usually rearward and down behind the case past the linkage in front of the swingarm.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #25588
bigdog1807
Miles Craven

Oddometer: 135
Input requested on purchase of 09 TE 610

Is there anything about the 09 to be aware of vs. other years? I've been on KTM for several years and there are good years and others with know issues.
bigdog1807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #25589
Whitfield
Gnarly Adventurer

A New problem... Stuck front axle nut (flat tire)

Help ~ SOS.... I'm trying to remove my front axle but this Husky is like nothing I've ever seen. I'm guessing My 2006 Husky 610TE front Axle Nut is seized in the axle tube.

I did manage to find a few vendors offering a replacement axle nut (to loose the 10mm allen key) but so far nothing on what I'm doing wrong to remove mine...

I'm about to twist the 10mm Allen in half. Yes the pinch bolts are loose on the left (Nut) side and tight on the right. I began the process loose on the right too but then was twisting the axle holder and about to break it off.

New tire and tube in hand ~ but can't get the danged wheel off of the bike.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #25590
tlking6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
Quote:
Help ~ SOS.... I'm trying to remove my front axle but this Husky is like nothing I've ever seen. I'm guessing My 2006 Husky 610TE front Axle Nut is seized in the axle tube.

I did manage to find a few vendors offering a replacement axle nut (to loose the 10mm allen key) but so far nothing on what I'm doing wrong to remove mine...

I'm about to twist the 10mm Allen in half. Yes the pinch bolts are loose on the left (Nut) side and tight on the right. I began the process loose on the right too but then was twisting the axle holder and about to break it off.

New tire and tube in hand ~ but can't get the danged wheel off of the bike.

Wow, something aint right! Guess you knew that though,,, All the pinch bolts need to be loose, I think anyway. Have you tried tapping a screwdriver or something in the slot and opening it up? Squirt some lube in there?