Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2006, 09:32 PM   #16
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskysm610

You Suck ...
Nice collection you got there, have you posted a review of the 250?

Dan
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:34 PM   #17
PASSMORE
Just the last name...

Oddometer: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffallodan
How are the Bones?

Dan
Feeling like a rockstar and picking up the settlement from the driver's ins. co on Saturday

It is all good...
Old 08-03-2006, 09:41 PM   #18
huskysm610
Gear Head

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffallodan
You Suck ...
Nice collection you got there, have you posted a review of the 250?

Dan
Hi Dan, haven't posted much here. The 250 is a great trail bike made better with a Rekluse and some suspension revalving. It produces good power and has been reliable so far. The 04 models were known to have some valve problems but I haven't experienced any yet. I would give it a solid 4 rating out of 5. The 2006 TE250 is supposedly much improved.
huskysm610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:24 PM   #19
rwamf
Follow me

Oddometer: 1,343
Love it!

2000 miles and still 90% dirt riding, works great, Got tired of the LOUD stock muffler, bought a LEoVince, Took one of the inserts and modified it, now the bike is nice and quiet, The intake is louder than the exhaust, Still sounds nice, Runs great but is a little choked up on top, but for most of my off road it is about perfect, Got a Utah Skid plate, Euro blinkers, a 55/60 headlamp, Cycra hand guards, Gps mount, 12vdc socket, installed High handle bars, Heated grips and a Rev-Pack Jr seat pack on the rear rack

rwamf homepage
rwamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 06:44 AM   #20
tri650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
Still own it

I still have my 06 Husky 610 TE so I guess I qualify. Haven't done much to the bike other than remove the smog crap. Bought the Cyra (sp?) hand guards but did not put on the bike - when I tried to mount using the handlebar mount I found one of the current mounting screws to be too short. Ran down to the local Auto Zone but they only carried the short ones - anyone else have this situation?

I notice the dead spot around the 5500-5800 rpm range also. Otherwise the bike is a blast to ride. I would like more time in the dirt but given my past record maybe that is a good thing that I am spending more time on the street. I currently have it up for sale but if I get no takers - so far only a low bid - then I may keep and put more street friendly tires (MT90 Scorpian AT) on it and make it my everyday commuter. When I had a sport bike I rode into work everyday but that got old and when I changed jobs it became a short 15 minute highway ride - very boring. With the price of petrol I am re-thinking the commute - from 4 wheels to 2 wheels.

Again, if I end up keeping the bike I will want to get the dead spot in the jetting fixed. Love to tinker with bikes so a few projects would keep me interested.

Also, I saw that someone was working on a billet rack for the back - did that ever materialize?
tri650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:10 AM   #21
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer: 4,031
BuffaloDan has the Promoto billet rack on his & I believe (don't quote me) that the stutter was easily taken care of (after lotza work done by others)
a sparkplug change & rejet ??? I can't recall the actual remedy, but it seem's to be a non issue now

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:15 AM   #22
WR_guy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by PASSMORE
My 2006 TE450 w/custom crash modifications

Look closely and you will notice the impressive way the head angle has been modified so that the front wheel is closer to the frame via custom "arched" forks

The fender is a one-off custom - don't even bother to ask about getting one of your own. Handlebar bend is high end OCC stuff as well

Stay tuned and I'll post when I get her back together again. Looks like she'll be gettin' some high zoot front suspenders (maybe even rear too) and some hoity toity tree/clamp/damper mount too

Hey, FBF may still have a couple of sets of those factory 50mm 'zokes lying around. I have a set on my wr250 and they are sweet to say the least.
Hope the frame is okay?
WR_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:18 AM   #23
WR_guy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri650
I still have my 06 Husky 610 TE so I guess I qualify. Haven't done much to the bike other than remove the smog crap. Bought the Cyra (sp?) hand guards but did not put on the bike - when I tried to mount using the handlebar mount I found one of the current mounting screws to be too short. Ran down to the local Auto Zone but they only carried the short ones - anyone else have this situation?

I notice the dead spot around the 5500-5800 rpm range also. Otherwise the bike is a blast to ride. I would like more time in the dirt but given my past record maybe that is a good thing that I am spending more time on the street. I currently have it up for sale but if I get no takers - so far only a low bid - then I may keep and put more street friendly tires (MT90 Scorpian AT) on it and make it my everyday commuter. When I had a sport bike I rode into work everyday but that got old and when I changed jobs it became a short 15 minute highway ride - very boring. With the price of petrol I am re-thinking the commute - from 4 wheels to 2 wheels.

Again, if I end up keeping the bike I will want to get the dead spot in the jetting fixed. Love to tinker with bikes so a few projects would keep me interested.

Also, I saw that someone was working on a billet rack for the back - did that ever materialize?
PM me and let's talk about selling your bike.

I'm in No NJ. Would shipping be a problem?
WR_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 08:38 AM   #24
onebaduce

Oddometer: 566
Well here's mine

finally Finally got some mud on her.

Old 08-04-2006, 02:00 PM   #25
scfrank
I'm back - sort of.

Oddometer: 7,153
TE610 jetting ?

Check out this post in thumper talk.

Good explanation, but I haven't tried it yet.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=402014

I will

scfrank

"No, I give it up." Alice replied. "What's the answer?"

"I haven't the slightest idea." Said the Hatter.

"Nor, I" said the March Hare.
scfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:18 PM   #26
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebaduce
finally Finally got some mud on her.
Welcome to the Asylum OneBaduce.
I didn't like the front Karoo much in the Mud and went with a non-Dot knobby. I feel much more confident on the bike with better tires even though I am beginner rider I have progressed well with the Husky...

Dan
Old 08-04-2006, 09:06 PM   #27
Chadleys1
working on it

Oddometer: 561
took a day off

Wow!!

I take one day off of checking the Thumper threads on ADV, and come back to find out we have our own thread. Nice!

Sorry I'm late.

I am a long time motorcyclist with more of a history on the street than in the dirt. This bike has changed my outlook on motorcycling tremendously. I consider it the most fun bike I have ever owned.

I had a little problem early on with the nut on the crank being loose and the woodruff key shearing, but once I got my parts, the pain was over. It was a very easy fix and did no permanent damage. Frustrating, but it did force me to become familiar with the motor and the setup of the bike which is something I was looking forward to.

I have a couple of projects going on with the bike at the moment, so I will just put up an old picture, for now.

I ride the bike on everything from Interstate Highways to (actual)deer trails up an down rocky hills on which you have to duck branches and limbs. I am extremely happy with this bike.

Hey buffallodan, you had a great idea with this thread, and I think it is cool how you sort of maintain it and bump it along.

I have said it before, buffallodan, you da man!

I will post better pics later. All our bikes look the same, now. In a year it will be funny to see how different they will become. Keep riding them and post photos.

Let's put the link on this thread whenever there is a ride report that has Husqvarnas in it. good idea??

Chadleys1 screwed with this post 08-05-2006 at 08:08 AM Reason: typing error
Chadleys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 06:30 AM   #28
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadleys1
Let's put the link on this thread whenever there is a ride report that has Husqvarnas in it. good idea??
Excellent Idea Chadley
Thanks for props,

Dan

Here are my few reports to get us started... and of course a link to Bigdogs for tributes sake...

All of my rides in the Daniel Boone National Forest are on the Sheltowee Trace Recreational Trail and I am attempting to ride every legal section and create routes to share with fellow Advriders...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152358

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150717

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149268

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140199

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139678

Bigdog and Gaspipes TAT Ride
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147232
Old 08-05-2006, 08:36 AM   #29
Chadleys1
working on it

Oddometer: 561
already paying off

Thanks for posting the links. Well done reports with great photos!!

I had previously seen only one of your ride reports, and of course Big Dog and Gaspipe's already legendary West TAT thread. The rest of those were new to me. Excellent.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:51 PM   #30
NotEnufGarj
Jon

Oddometer: 23
Hopefully I will be able to get a picture to post.

I have been riding dirt bikes since I was 5, did the motocross starting as a teenager, then moved to off-road racing around 24, then on to trials riding at 35. I had a few years of road riding in my early 20ís, but off-road is what I have always moved to.

I currently have a Kawasaki KDX 220 for long survival woods riding and my wife rides it, a YZ250 for dessert and racing, a Montesa Cota trials bike, and now my Husky TE 610.

The YZ is wearing me out, so Iíve been thinking of replacing it with a TE 250, but after a recent ride into unforgiving single track on the TE 610, Iím now leaning towards the TE 510. The torque of the 610 was great!

Most of my riding on the 610 is street, interstate, back roads, and in town, with not enough dirt riding.

About my 610, I havenít done much yet; I have the PMB rack with all options, and the Cycra pro-bend bark busters. I have a Utah skid plate coming and my local Husky dealer (Moto Tech) has a variable ignition coming that we are going to test on my bike. I have access to a dyno, so if I can swing it Iíll do some before and after runs on it. I have squeaked 2k miles out of the stock tires and they are shot! I am planning on putting the Dunlopís on soon. I felt the stock tires were okay on the road, okay at low speeds in the dry slick and rocks, but lethal to the rider in any wet dirt conditions. I also am trying to stop riding the bike long enough to cut the catalytic converter out.

I have a line on a local guy that does the seat modifications. I have ridden a couple of bikes with his work and they are both very nice. One seat had been worked over and was a little fat for my liking; the other didnít change much from stock but was much more comfortable. It sounds like he charges about $100, I think Iím going to have him work my TE seat over this fall, and then Iíll get a picture posted.

My take on the ignition, the glitch that we all have is due to the stock ignition map. My dealer is putting this in as warranty issue on my bike, maybe if we all do Husky will be more inclined to come up with a fix. My understanding is unplugging the TPS allows the bike to run blind and not see this, but I donít like that fix since if the bike was designed to run a certain way then it should run that way. The spark plug swap should only reduce the problem, not really fix it.

Donít get me wrong, I am enjoying this bike 110% and Iím glad I didnít buy any other DS, so donít take my opinion on the ignition issue as regret. I have been a Yamaha rider for 24 years and never really considered anything else. This 610 is making me a Husky believer!

Jon
Attached Images

NotEnufGarj is offline   Reply With Quote