Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2008, 08:52 PM   #7561
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcdiver
If possible, so I can quickly and easily sift thru this and get the results to Corbin in the next couple of days, please limit your response to "narrower" or "wider".

I realise this will be like herding cats

But I need a quick poll result.
Narrower like the Renazco for me. It's a dirt bike. You should be able to move around on it like a dirt bike. I'd sacrifice a bit of road comfort for off-road function.

'08 Husqvarna TE610, '11 Gas Gas EC300, '03 Beta Rev3 250

Husky TE/SM-610 Thread Index

mrkartoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:54 PM   #7562
preacherman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Time for the first oil change. I am curious to know what type of oil everyone uses.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:04 PM   #7563
BikeSDP
Reluctantly Crouched

Oddometer: 500
I may regret this

Quote:
Originally Posted by preacherman
Time for the first oil change. I am curious to know what type of oil everyone uses.
During my conversation with George@Uptite Racing, he mentioned running Spectro 4-Offroad 20w50 dino for the first 1000 miles and then semi-synthetic afterwards. Your path to salvation may vary.
BikeSDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:30 PM   #7564
toddler
Unpronouncible

Oddometer: 2,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek
Where did you guys go Toddler? We're practically neighbors; we should get together & ride
We started out in the storm mountain area, then mysteriously ended up over in the donner pass and moody hill area. Enough said.

Just got my HID setup so I'm itching for a night ride. I've seen this tree tunnel you and others have ridden before based on posts in the rockies region. Perhaps you can show me this afterwork someday.

I just changed the blood in the Husky for the first time and she wants to run.
toddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:42 PM   #7565
Olas
the darkness

Oddometer: 3,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkartoom
The stock varta battery sucks. Carry on.
Mine rules.

Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:57 PM   #7566
jdubya
surf, ride, repeat

Oddometer: 61
Hesitation - flat spot?

I know that this is probably covered in here somewhere, but there are 500+ pages on this thread, and I'm having a little trouble wording a search correctly.

Just got an 06 TE610 with a Leo Vince pipe and PO said he never jetted, or changed anything per a dealer's advice.

Observations:

When starting off in first, it seemed to hesitate as I got near the top of the rpm cycle for that gear, but didn't seem to happen again.

What I am noticing though, when winding the bike out through the first 3 gears is that when shifting from 1st to 2nd for example, there seems to be a strange hesitation, or flat spot for a brief second.

Other than that quirk, it pulls strong and hauls ass.

Any input?

Moab (mis)Adventures

homeLOFT Furniture in Solana Beach
Leather Furniture at LeatherGroups.com
jdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:41 PM   #7567
Aey dubya
Thumper Humper

Oddometer: 355
oil & advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeSDP
During my conversation with George@Uptite Racing, he mentioned running Spectro 4-Offroad 20w50 dino for the first 1000 miles and then semi-synthetic afterwards. Your path to salvation may vary.
When my timing slipped on my bike george at uptite told me he thought the valves tapping was the result of the piston rod stretching. Even though I had told him it happened suddenly. Seems like he has given me other illogical advice before but can't recall exacts. I stick with what the engineers who designed it think. . 10-60 synth.
Aey dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:10 PM   #7568
Wildhair
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Overnight Test Run

Just purchased my TE a couple months back from a guy from this site. Had to lower it and put a new set of tires on it, before I took it to the woods. I've been wanting to go out for a overnight ride and check out my bike fully loaded before TDPIII, so I contacted YJ and Driller, and we started planning a site for the quest. Yellow Jacket and Driller have been wanting to go check out Dennis Cove at Hampton TN. Didn't really know anything about the area, but I was up for just about anything.

We met at YJ's house Wednesday a.m., everyone fully packed and ready to go.

They don't let me lead. That's the best way to get lost for sure. Other than stopping to get a bite to eat on the way the only photo I took was on the BRP.

Arriving at Dennis Cove, we unpacked and setup camp.

Bike night at the local restaurant.

The funniest thing happened the first night after we all went to sleep. We were all awaken to a loud bang with Yellow Jacket running out of his tent with his bear spray in his skivies yelling at us thinking we were messing with him. Come to find out his tent pole snapped into and made this real loud noise that scared him to death.

If you look real close you can make him out standing there in his underwear.

Just some neat scenery and action shots.

Check out the great resting place up on the hill.

About this time YJ was about to have a stroke, because he was having a time finding the roads he was looking for. Chill Out Man. Driller and I were having a great time, and if you hadn't told us we were lost we wouldn't have known it.

Yellow Jacket's favorite place to eat is the local , so this was the BBQ place that got away.

I asked a woman coming out if the food was any good and she claimed the Catfish was excellant.

CHILL'IN ( have a cigar )

More scenery.

Now where do you suppose this trail goes to ? Who cares lets take it.

Driller could only stay one night, so he split and left for home and left me with YJ. Hate to see you go. Ride safe.

Breakfast Of Champions

After we ate we broke camp, loaded the bikes and headed for home. YJ has never taken a direct route to anything. Wonder what we will get into on the way home.

Ride on down here Vic.

We did manage to find a buffet around 2:00 today, and I was looking for a shade tree after that.

All in all it was a successful trip, and I learned a lot about camping off the bike from the masters. You should have seen us when YJ suggested that we go find us some firewood and he drug it all back to camp behind his motorcycle.

Thanks guys, I really had a great time. When are we going again? :

Working on a Bucket list

Wildhair screwed with this post 09-06-2008 at 08:36 PM
Wildhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:42 PM   #7569
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,797
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:00 PM   #7570
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer: 4,056
Great ride report, thanks for sharing

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:18 PM   #7571
cvgphil
on the road

Oddometer: 49
Great time for this to happen

[quote=DockingPilot]
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-610
Fellas,

under the right side cover is the counter balancer cog, the woodruff key under it has probably failed.
It will be warrentied or should be, so dont sweat it. Known issue with this engine and it could be the problem.

I just started my trip and got more than usual vibration and valve tap sounds. Someone mentioned that, if counter balancer cog woodruff key broke, the bike would be almost unrideable. How unrideable. I have only had the bike for a week, so my problem is that I don't really know the bike that well. It may be the kind of thing where you are hearing and feeling strange things, because you are riding solo in the middle of nowhere.

Also, if anyone knows which wire to wiggle to get the speedometer back, I'd appreciate it. The display unit doesn't think the engine is running. While running down the road the speedo reads zero and you can cycle through the odo, time ,etc...which you should not be able to do.

...and finally, the steering lock. What is the trick to that? I am out on a trip and don't have the manual to look at.

Thanks
cvgphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:36 AM   #7572
OutbackNV
Likes dogs

Oddometer: 195
[quote=cvgphil]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot

I just started my trip and got more than usual vibration and valve tap sounds. Someone mentioned that, if counter balancer cog woodruff key broke, the bike would be almost unrideable. How unrideable. I have only had the bike for a week, so my problem is that I don't really know the bike that well. It may be the kind of thing where you are hearing and feeling strange things, because you are riding solo in the middle of nowhere.

Also, if anyone knows which wire to wiggle to get the speedometer back, I'd appreciate it. The display unit doesn't think the engine is running. While running down the road the speedo reads zero and you can cycle through the odo, time ,etc...which you should not be able to do.

...and finally, the steering lock. What is the trick to that? I am out on a trip and don't have the manual to look at.

Thanks

Is your tach still working? If so it's possible the magnet on your hub fell off.

For the steering lock push in as you turn the key. You may also have to wiggle the bars a little to get the lock to engage.
OutbackNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:26 AM   #7573
motometal
i like motorcycles

Oddometer: 3,488
if it's just the speedo not working, check the back of the computer where all the wires plug in, give that a wiggle and make sure nothing has worked its way out.

also unhook the positive battery cable for a couple minutes, then plug it back in.

If the tach isn't working then you have have a different problem
motometal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:37 AM   #7574
hodgecobbler
formerly Palmczak

Oddometer: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek
this is one of those things that knobbies would have been much preferred for.
Slight off camber, a little throttle and you'd be climbing out of the bottom eh?

+1 on the insane.

Being only an hour or two away from you I figured some day a ride would present it self. Now I think I am busy that day...

great pic!

Joe
Old 09-07-2008, 12:08 PM   #7575
ferea
n00b

Oddometer: 1
hi everybody,
i'm Federico from Italy. i enjoy reading your posts and i find this thread really helpful. i own an husqvarna 610 sm. reading your messages i realized that there is a big difference between the way we use the 610 in Italy and what you do in the US. we use this kind of bike mostly for really short one-day trips instead i see many of you ride it for 1000+ miles. i bet it sound strange to you ut i've never seen a 610 with luggages on it even tho i live in Milan which is near Husky's factory. so, when i think about doing a long trip with my 610 i always think about your mods and suggestions. and, as you all probably know, the biggest obstacle for long trip is the saddle. could you please tell me what are the options for a more confortable ride and also the prices if you have them?
thank you very much and please excuse my English
Federico

here is a pic of my husky with some mods.

ferea screwed with this post 09-07-2008 at 04:11 PM
ferea is offline   Reply With Quote