Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2009, 07:32 AM   #9631
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shoe
A little more info...

If you want the '08 decals I would just buy them with the '07 plastics, you might have to trim a hair here and there but at least the plastics will fit (you have the buy the decals seperate from the plastics anyway).

The '07 tail is a single piece, all white. They went to a multi-piece tail in '08.

As far as fitment I can only vouch for the '07 stuff but I didn't have any issues whatsoever, everything bolted right up and fit perfect.
Thanks!
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:33 AM   #9632
Geek
oot & aboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by the shoe
Geek:
Another light to consider... Buell Ulysses. Works awesome and I'm just running stock Buell bulbs. Takes about 5-10 minutes to swap back and forth between stocker and the Buell setup once the initial wiring has been done. Lucky for me it was done by the previous owner . Also, wind protection is great and I have enough room under the light for a bag that I keep my tire irons / spare tube and air canisters in.

http://drrags.smugmug.com/gallery/58...380_f4nEv-A-LB
Good point! I forgot BeemerPat is running that setup too.
And Olas Atlas is running the cyclops.

Jeez... if I wanna be different... maybe I should mold my own
Old 02-20-2009, 07:55 AM   #9633
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkartoom
No problem with the orange bikes though and they have November's fuel in them.
This makes me suspect that it has more to do with FI than the fuel. I had an Oldsmobile that had the block temp sensor go bad. This was the sensor that told the "brain" whether the engine need a "choke/enrichening". I don't know wether or not the FI Husqs have something like this built in or not but if it does, this could be the problem. Maybe it's putting in too much fuel, or maybe it's not putting in enough. The manufacturer probably assumed everyone was gonna leave the bikes in the barn till the temps went above 50.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:58 AM   #9634
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 828
Geek,

On the "stuff" page of my new Cycle News (issue#6) they show some Moose Racing CF fork guards ($59.95), so there is another source for those via any Parts Unlimited dealer. E-Line makes them for Moose.

Rusty Rocket,

That's interesting. I'm not sure if our systems have temp sensing or just the mixture. Maybe someone else knows.

'08 Husqvarna TE610, '11 Gas Gas EC300, '03 Beta Rev3 250

Husky TE/SM-610 Thread Index

mrkartoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:18 AM   #9635
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer: 4,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek
Question:
When they say fits:
(2008) HUSQVARNA TE TXC TC 250/310/450/510

I'm assuming the TE is referring to our 610... and that it'll fit an 06 07 or 08?
I honestly don't know, you would have to call them. I just threw out the links of places that make carbon fiber bike parts.

Another place you might want to check would be SuperMotoJunkie, post the question there. Quite a large 610 following there, & they look for every possible upgrade available. Good Luck

P.S. on your headlight needs, I can't remember if you tried the Buell setup, but I'm happy with mine & it has the Buell windscreen, now I get clean windblast at helmet level & no buffeting on the highway, but all your choices appear to be top notch, it'll be like choosing the best oil. For night time trails I personally would also mount a couple small clear fog lights to light up the trail more side to side (foglights = wide short distance light)

Here's 2 links on the Buell setup, mine & another larger one from the Suzuki forum
New eyes

DR650 Buell Headlight Mod - ThumperTalk

Just did a quick search on the SMJ forum & here's a link to 610 carbon fiber parts from Italy I believe, about 3\4's down the page.

http://www.waveracing.com/accessori.html

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510

Ruffus screwed with this post 02-20-2009 at 10:37 AM
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:18 AM   #9636
toddler
Unpronouncible

Oddometer: 2,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket
This makes me suspect that it has more to do with FI than the fuel. I had an Oldsmobile that had the block temp sensor go bad. This was the sensor that told the "brain" whether the engine need a "choke/enrichening". I don't know wether or not the FI Husqs have something like this built in or not but if it does, this could be the problem. Maybe it's putting in too much fuel, or maybe it's not putting in enough. The manufacturer probably assumed everyone was gonna leave the bikes in the barn till the temps went above 50.
Just some data for you.

My 08 starts up just fine in the 20's F, but I do have to use the fuel enrichener(choke?) to start it. If you are getting funky sensor inputs I'd bet you'd get a code thrown out your Neutral light via some blinking.
toddler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:21 PM   #9637
TheVikingRider
mudonmymind

Oddometer: 455
http://www.motostrano.com/dualmulspork.html

Some pretty cool light options here . Would like to try that new Trail Tech X2. Got a 55 w UFO works many times better than the stock one. If you ride that stock one at night it had better be a full moon.
TheVikingRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #9638
Longerday
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket
I am also thinking the problem is the EFI. Being that the 08 610 FI is a new system...it sticks out as a likely culprit.

(Especially considering that)
it probably isn't
1. the fuel - we've all put in new fuel and the same problem exists.
2. the battery - there is a variety of batteries in use here
3. Dirty injectors - My bike is still 1000mi "new" and i find it hard to believe.
4. Cold weather - I live in SoCAL...i think it got below 40 once.
2001 - YZ426 : 1984 - XR500R : 1982 - Original Big Wheel
__________________________________________________ ________________
"YOU'RE NOT STUCK. YOU'RE JUST LAZY"

Longerday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #9639
Geek
oot & aboot

ok.. maybe I'm getting old.. but this is the best "performance mod" I've done to this bike.

"Hey Geek.. want 20 more horsepower or that seat?"
"I'll take the renazco Alex. Thanks."

The perfect colorado bike just got perfecter.

and to help with scale, before I return Indy's seat to him, I took some photos of them together to give you guys an exact reference to your existing seat if you are considering the Renazco:

For those not familiar:

The seat is custom made by Renazco. Chris (creeper here on adv) did a fantastic job. Basically you pick your cover (mine is black suede top, carbon sides, & blue lettering) and then tell them your height,inseam, weight, and your riding style.. and they build the seat to suit you.

I do everything on this bike from multi day camping trips to nasty local single track and I think the shape is going to work out wonderfully. Its narrow up front for when I'm trying to drive the front wheel into the ground and its broad at the back so I can get onto my proper "sitting bones" and be comfortable on the black top.

disclaimer: No association; just a very happy customer
Old 02-20-2009, 02:02 PM   #9640
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 828
Your seat looks great Geek. I got my Renazco back in October and it made all the difference in the world. I got a chance to ride Bass-on-tap's before I ordered mine and fell in . I didn't get the suede top, but I like the feel of it better actually. It's just hard to keep clean, at least in NE mud.

'08 Husqvarna TE610, '11 Gas Gas EC300, '03 Beta Rev3 250

Husky TE/SM-610 Thread Index

mrkartoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:06 PM   #9641
PacificPT
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 982
+1 on the seat, can't say enough good things about my Renazco.

There's roads and there's roads and they call, can't you hear it? Roads of the earth and roads of the spirit. The best roads of all are the ones that aren't certain. One of those is where you'll find me till they drop the big curtain. Bruce Cockburn
PacificPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #9642
kalebian
kip

Oddometer: 34
light????

has anybody tried this or evan think this would work good on the 610??acerbis vision headlight http://www.motostrano.com/acerbisvision.html
Old 02-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #9643
Nesbocaj
Politicians suck

Oddometer: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalebian
has anybody tried this or evan think this would work good on the 610??acerbis vision headlight http://www.motostrano.com/acerbisvision.html
Hmmmm.....seems to me that two twenty watt lights are not going to be an improvement.

Nesbocaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:54 PM   #9644
kalebian
kip

Oddometer: 34
good point
Old 02-20-2009, 03:09 PM   #9645
Svart
...is swedish for black

Oddometer: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkartoom

Rusty Rocket,

That's interesting. I'm not sure if our systems have temp sensing or just the mixture. Maybe someone else knows.
I know. Its not your problem, the fan isnt running.