User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2009, 09:25 PM   #9841
Boatman
Take me down bitch!

Oddometer: 10,139
Wanted,, stock 610 can

Anybody have a stock can laying around they want to get rid of???? I've got an idea and need an "experimental donor".

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:43 PM   #9842
deepcdiver
Nobody Special

Oddometer: 785
Another "dual pipe" auxiliary fuel tank by chance?

If so, I want a write up with pix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman
Anybody have a stock can laying around they want to get rid of???? I've got an idea and need an "experimental donor".
Old 02-27-2009, 10:57 PM   #9843
deepcdiver
Nobody Special

Oddometer: 785
All are good bikes....

Parts are difficult to get in Mexico even if there is a dealership for your bike. If they have someting in stock you are in luck, otherwise....do not expect anything fast. And a stator would not likely be in stock.

That being said, if your bike is in good shape a trip through Mexico should be uneventful.

For what it's worth, I stopped by the BMW bie dealership in Cabo San Lucas in November. The owner said he could order parts for my TE610 from the Mexico City BMW shipping cenetr...he was considering wjether to carry any of the Huskys, but doubted he would do so as he had the dirt biuke market covered by the Yamaha dealership he owned next door and Husky did not have much name recognition in Mexico....

As far as parts availability and perhaps reliability, I would take the TE610 over a KTM. I have heard too many stories of people waiting weks to months for a brake caliper or other common part for their KTM..in the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacharyD
Hey guys!! Long time lurker, new poster here.

I'm looking for a good reliable dual sport and considering the TE610, KTM 690, BMW 650 Xchallenge. I presently ride a Vstrom and raced a CR250 2 stroke in the past.

I really like the look of the Husky but was concerned about the lack of stores I see carrying them. I'm expecting to put 5-8,000 miles a year on this bike and will often do trips far from home.

Was hoping someone could comment on the reliability of the Husky ... also, if you were riding from Texas to Monterrey for instance and your stator blew up how hard would it be to find a new one in Mexico vs a Yamaha XT600 for instance.

I was also curious about the BMW takeover ... can you get parts at a BMW store when there is no Husky store near?

Thanks in advance

Z
Old 02-28-2009, 04:00 AM   #9844
TimberlineAdventure
Maine Thumpah

Oddometer: 380
Sprocket Vendor

I am going to switch from my stock set up to a 14-48. Spanker has been playing around and he believes that this is the right set up for single trek & 65 MPH on the hard. What are you guys running & where did you get the sprockets? I checked with Sidewinder, but here are the prices for their Lifetime Guarantee T-Sprockets.

48 Rear 169.00
14 Front 89.00
New Chain 129.00

Should I replace the chain at the time of a a complete sprocket change? I dont think mine is stretched, but could use as a spare if needed. Any other manufacturers that you guys use????

Thanks, oh yeh.... for you Colorado riders, we are due for 10" of the white stuff Monday night here in Maine. Just when I thought we were getting close.

Husqvarna '08 TE-610 Front Fork Thread Only
http://rickramsey.net/TE610mods.htm
TimberlineAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:08 AM   #9845
bass_on_tap
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaxacuzano
This is the ultimate Spark plug close to the original NGK CPR8E specs to use in the TE610ie

http://www.ngk.com/more_info.asp?AAIA=&pid=27206

This weekend I will install these plugs and see how they perform. From new spark plugs I belive there is no diefference.

I made the original gap samller from 1.016 mm to the maximum gap 0.65 mm

Regards.
Here is a NGK spark plug reference chart

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/docs/te...tnumberkey.pdf

I would think an Iradium alternative to the original spark plug would be the NGK CR8EIX #4218
and about half the cost of the DIMR8B-10.
bass_on_tap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:27 AM   #9846
bass_on_tap
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberlineAdventure
I am going to switch from my stock set up to a 14-48. Spanker has been playing around and he believes that this is the right set up for single trek & 65 MPH on the hard. What are you guys running & where did you get the sprockets? I checked with Sidewinder, but here are the prices for their Lifetime Guarantee T-Sprockets.

48 Rear 169.00
14 Front 89.00
New Chain 129.00

Should I replace the chain at the time of a a complete sprocket change? I dont think mine is stretched, but could use as a spare if needed. Any other manufacturers that you guys use????

Thanks, oh yeh.... for you Colorado riders, we are due for 10" of the white stuff Monday night here in Maine. Just when I thought we were getting close.

I just ordered from a front and rear from Sprocketcenter.com as I already have a new chain on the shelf:

http://www.sprocketcenter.com/c/123707/1/husqvarna.html

They have kits at the bottom of the page to save you $ and they sell AFAM countershaft sprockets too. Standard $6.95 shipping.

Rule of thumb; change the chain when changing sprockets unless you have very few miles on it. I know my chain stretched a lot when it was new.
As far as number of teeth on each, most east coast riders I spoke to have gone with slightly lower gearing from the stock 15 - 45. I'm at 15 and 48, going to 15 and 49. Others have just dropped the cs to 14 and left the 45 in the rear. I ridden with Dennis (Spanker) but we didn't compare gearing at the time. I opted for this to keep up with Motogo1 and Par504 wide open at 70 mph in the NJ Pine Baron back roads!
What you could do is just buy a 14 tooth cs sprocket and try it briefly with your current chain and rear to see if this meets your needs, and then go from there.

bass_on_tap screwed with this post 02-28-2009 at 04:32 AM
Old 02-28-2009, 05:09 AM   #9847
TimberlineAdventure
Maine Thumpah

sprockets....

I try very hard not to be on the highways up here in Maine, so 65-70 MPH is fine for wide open... Our riding up here in Maine if we dont trailer is:

40% Back Roads
25% Two Track & Logging
35% Hill Climb, Single, Rivers, etc.

I want the ability of lifting the front in a snap to deal with the trails up heah... Thanks Bass for Sprocketcenter, half the cost for the package. Anybody ever use the Tri-Metal?

TimberlineAdventure screwed with this post 02-28-2009 at 05:27 AM
Old 02-28-2009, 05:22 AM   #9848
bass_on_tap
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

I want the ability of lifting the front in a snap to deal with the trails up heah...
TimberlineAdventure, getting the front end of my bike to snap up has never happened, albeit it may have more to do with me than the bike.
That's why I suggest you test with a 14 cs first and go from there. Cheap money and a fast swap as opposed to going for the whole deal and finding out you need different gearing.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:52 AM   #9849
TimberlineAdventure
Maine Thumpah

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass_on_tap
TimberlineAdventure, getting the front end of my bike to snap up has never happened, albeit it may have more to do with me than the bike.
That's why I suggest you test with a 14 cs first and go from there. Cheap money and a fast swap as opposed to going for the whole deal and finding out you need different gearing.
good point... so, it is not just me with the lack of snap.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:07 AM   #9850
bass_on_tap
Beastly Adventurer

Timberline, how close are you to North Berwick Me? A bunch of us will be heading that way August 8-9 for the Seacoast Big Bike and Noble Woods TR both that weekend. You should join us. Very wet last year and Mrkartoom DNF with his battery issue and Motogo1 DNF with electrical issues on different days but we had a blast anyway.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:36 AM   #9851
Boatman
Take me down bitch!

Oddometer: 10,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcdiver
Another "dual pipe" auxiliary fuel tank by chance?

If so, I want a write up with pix!

Hmmmm... no aux tank but that is a damn good idea.... now I'll need 2 donor cans....

Anyone

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:14 AM   #9852
Davebert
Too damn serious!

Oddometer: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olas Altas
I've been reusing mine the last 4 oil changes. It's definitely time for a new one now though.
Ok good, I'll just add it to the stocked parts list for my next order. Of course that is after I examine whats on there and maybe find a copper one so I can re-use it.
Grump
Davebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:34 AM   #9853
rockchucker22
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 453
Head light.

does anyone have a stock headlight laying around??????? PM me if so! Thanks.
rockchucker22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:46 AM   #9854
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 14,080
Quote:
Any other manufacturers that you guys use????

http://www.dirttricks.com/ordering_sprockets.htm

I've got close to 6,000 miles on them and don't see any wear. You get new bolts and lock nuts with the rear sprocket. The stock chain is still on the bike, but I'm not riding it until I get a new chain. Dirt Tricks has the deal on the chain too.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:55 AM   #9855
NothingClever
Dirt Winger

Oddometer: 1,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchucker22
does anyone have a stock headlight laying around??????? PM me if so! Thanks.
Might try Geek as he just got a Lynx. I'll have a spare in a few weeks (installing a Lynx also) if you don't have any luck.

And a little Swedish rocket from Varese, Italy has me a mile high

NothingClever is offline   Reply With Quote