Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2008, 07:28 AM   #151
ramz
Professional Trail Rider

Oddometer: 1,882
The '07 TE610 is carbed, the '08 is fuel injected. There are other minor differences. Hall's has the '08 Parts Catalog. See this page for a link:
http://rickramsey.net/Husky.htm#brochures
ramz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:39 AM   #152
nsx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Iridium plug gap?

I have read that you shouldn't try to change the gap on these plugs (NGK CR8EIX), but I was clumsy enough to drop it and unlucky enough that it landed on the electrode end, and I'm not going to throw it away. So, does anyone know what the gap is supposed to be? I'm fairly certain its larger than what the manual specifies for the OEM plug.

Thanks,
Robert
nsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:57 PM   #153
Aey dubya
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsx
I have read that you shouldn't try to change the gap on these plugs (NGK CR8EIX), but I was clumsy enough to drop it and unlucky enough that it landed on the electrode end, and I'm not going to throw it away. So, does anyone know what the gap is supposed to be? I'm fairly certain its larger than what the manual specifies for the OEM plug.

Thanks,
Robert
You need to ask this here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156429
Aey dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:58 AM   #154
nsx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aey dubya
This site is confusing (to me). Why would I post a question about the gap for a non oem spark plug in the TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread? But you're the expert, so I'll repost it there.
nsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #155
Aey dubya
Gnarly Adventurer

split case

http://imageevent.com/motogo1/610engine
Old 04-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #156
Dirtbag1980
dirtyco

Oddometer: 2
Have SM 610 looking for a TE 610 Wheelset, Ideas?

Ridin a 06 SM 610 right now and I'd like to be able to play in the dirt some more with it. A little spooky ridin the gravel and mud on the stock dunlops. Does anyone know where I can find a TE 610 wheelset? Any ideas how the 610sm would handle some light enduro riding if set up w/ a 21 front and 18 rear? Thanks for the info!
Dirtbag1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:00 AM   #157
Aey dubya
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag1980
Ridin a 06 SM 610 right now and I'd like to be able to play in the dirt some more with it. A little spooky ridin the gravel and mud on the stock dunlops. Does anyone know where I can find a TE 610 wheelset? Any ideas how the 610sm would handle some light enduro riding if set up w/ a 21 front and 18 rear? Thanks for the info!
your front tire will rub if you put 21" on a SM suspension. you'd have to do brake caliper swap or rotor swap.

If i where you I'd buy off road tires for it and be done. SM guys have had luck with putting a rear tire on their front rim to fit the ?18"?

this thread is a reference index. You'll get more feed back maybe even more than you want at the 610 owner sign in thread. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...40#post9481740
Old 05-12-2009, 01:50 PM   #158
Aey dubya
Gnarly Adventurer

seat rebuild

Radioman http://www.advrider.com/forums/member.php?u=20825 Did this great rebuild here's how

As I purchased my 08 TE610 about a month ago, I really needed to rebuild teh seat. So I went to a local foam shop and bought some scrap foam, then an Uphostery supply shop for some stiffer rebonded foam, online for info..... Then I started jumped in to modify my seat for some comfort.

Stock seat with bit of mud...... Too narrow and too hard for my dual sporting.

out with the staples, and off with the stock cover

Measuring and marking the centerline

Marking my position on the seat..... and ADV reference

Thinking about how wide to make the seat.....

OK.... Start in on the Point of no return.... OK hold my beer.....and watch this.... Standard Turkey slicing power kitchen knife.

Seriously no turning back now!

Focusing on a straight level cut, (but alos operating the camera remote!).

Gluing the "wings" to support my wider "tractor" seat area.

These will glue left and right .....

Adding the new and wider rebonded foam. Laied it out and then trimmed to the right shape.

Roughed to shape.

Sat on the bike, and decided I needed a bit more stiffness. I added a 3/32 ABS plastic sheet and glued this in place.

Also added a small piece of blue foam to make the seat a bit flatter....sanded this to feather it in on the front and back...

Then glued the Rebond foam and "wings" under the left and right sides...

Once trimmed again to get ride of excess foam..... Airsanded with coast grit paper to shape the foam...

I got the overall shape that felt good...

Added a slight foam wrap at the back

Once I got the shape correct, then glued on a headliner layer to smooth out the entire seat. Spray adhesive 3M #80 applied to the seat foam and the other materials. Let them dry and then stick them together.

Applied the center part first, smoothed it all out and wrapped it all around to avoid any wrinkles..

Looking good.

Then I marked out how the new seat cover should be applied. I cut up the original seat cover in black, and laied it on the top of the seat cover to see how it will look.

With a quick Photoshop work.... It could look like this....

I will find an auto upholstery shop to sew up some marine grade vinyl ..... and then staple it to the seat pan...

I will show some photos of the final product! not too bad for a few hours work.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #159
CMB123
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Year 2000 TE610 Bodywork

Hi All

A newbie here but getting frustrated trying to find bodywokr to replace tired ones I have on my YR2000 TE610 here in the UK.
Any pointers/direction greatly appreciated
CMB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:44 AM   #160
dharmaracer
Lone Rider

Oddometer: 41
Maybe a bunch of dumb questions..i searched this thread but couldnt zero in on any clear answers.

I own a 2006 TE510 and intend to buy a 09 SM610.

How many hours before i do a valve clearance check on either of these bikes (I heard different figures like 40 hours at race-pace vs 150 hours of normal riding etc)

Related Question : How often do you replace the piston rings on both the above machines? Heard some scary stories from a competing yamaha dealer..

Can the SM610 handle a long distance trips (with on/off road tires)..Like 300kms a day for 13 to 15 days

Thanks
Dharma
www.indimotard.com
Motorcycle Journeys through India
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!"
-----------------------------------------------------
dharmaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:39 PM   #161
c71
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
bigger te610 gas tank

has anyone found a bigger gas tank for the fuel injected te610?
c71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #162
nomadb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by c71
has anyone found a bigger gas tank for the fuel injected te610?
Well lots of rumours but nothing available AFAIK.
nomadb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:58 AM   #163
etmoto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 480
Calling out to those who wants a new pair of footpegs. A last pair of Husqvarna Black Anodized Rocstompa footpegs going at $160 shipped, it will fit WR, CR, TE, TC, SM all capacities, 1999-2008. PM me!
etmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:42 AM   #164
Oaxacuzano
Dromo maniac

Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmaracer
Maybe a bunch of dumb questions..i searched this thread but couldnt zero in on any clear answers.

I own a 2006 TE510 and intend to buy a 09 SM610.

How many hours before i do a valve clearance check on either of these bikes (I heard different figures like 40 hours at race-pace vs 150 hours of normal riding etc)

Related Question : How often do you replace the piston rings on both the above machines? Heard some scary stories from a competing yamaha dealer..

Can the SM610 handle a long distance trips (with on/off road tires)..Like 300kms a day for 13 to 15 days

Thanks
Dharma
www.indimotard.com
Motorcycle Journeys through India

Check valves every 10,000 Km
Change oil at 5,000 Km or more, I think you cal leave a good synthetic oil 6,000 Km between changes
No change of piston rings or something like that, the TE610 has a dual sport engine and you can make a long trips, a made like 900 Km in one day, no problems.

At this oment mi TE610 model year 2008 has 17,000 Km on odometer.

Great bike for travels.
Oaxacuzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:29 AM   #165
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,707
I have added the Quiz thread regarding the addition of a Hydraulic Clutch.
I have been unable to keep up with updating the Index so please if you guys have any suggestions for thread additions add them and I will get them included soon. Thanks,

Dan
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote