ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #15061
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE

Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBrakes112 View Post
ooo yea how the management going now?? and havent been doing much riding ive rode maybe 4 times since ive been here... glad to hear everyone is doing good and still having fun
The new operator seems to be putting more into the place.We are still taking applications for your replacement,it's hard to find a 20 something dude that can take a bunch of crap from old guys and keep comming back for more.Stay safe bro!
ncTRAILBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:41 PM   #15062
hotdog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncTRAILBOSS View Post
Mine are white #'s on black!Have'nt you noticed mine?.......I'll slow down next Sunday and give ya a peek!
yeah on a pumpkin colored bike! ewwwww lol
1974 Water Buffalo
hotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #15063
hotdog
Adventurer

slow down

Quote:
Mine are white #'s on black!Have'nt you noticed mine?.......I'll slow down next Sunday and give ya a peek!
noooo dont slow down im slowly getting faster tryng to catch you!!!!! maybe one day ill get to see them lol..... i got pictures!
1974 Water Buffalo
Old 11-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #15064
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

Oddometer: 2,317
those grafix are sharp what kind are they? the black on white looks good you get the side ones too?[/QUOTE]

http://graphicmx.com/

Only time I am ahead of anybody is when the bike is on the interstate on the back of the Tundra.
Attached Images

eyedragaknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:25 AM   #15065
capflip
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Are there gear requirements at Outback? I'm still riding with all the same gear from my street bike, with the exception of helmet and boots... I'm not really even sure what the appropriate gear is. How long do you guys usually stay out there? I'd really like to get out there and see what its all about. Is anybody else riding bigger bikes out there? Like another KLR or something?
capflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:47 AM   #15066
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by capflip View Post
Are there gear requirements at Outback? I'm still riding with all the same gear from my street bike, with the exception of helmet and boots... I'm not really even sure what the appropriate gear is. How long do you guys usually stay out there? I'd really like to get out there and see what its all about. Is anybody else riding bigger bikes out there? Like another KLR or something?
Outback gear requirements... I laugh, because I've seen mom, dad and the kids rolling out of the lot on quads with no helmets, just shorts, no shirt, and flip flops.

Supposed to wear a helmet anytime you're on a bike or quad at Outback.

Standard protective gear and you're good to go.

Seen a couple of guys wrestling around KLRs out there. There's plenty of good trails for the KLR if you don't like the gnarely stuff that ncTrailBoss leads/kills us on.

Also, lots of great KLR riding between anywhere and Outback. If I don't roll with Conger Sunday, I may epic down to Outback.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE

Tarheel Wheeler screwed with this post 11-18-2011 at 01:14 PM
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:57 AM   #15067
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

Klr

Quote:
Originally Posted by capflip View Post
If you are riding a KLR with flip flops, I am definitely making the trip down!
Charging the batteries in the GoPro for that one.

Outback can be anything you want it to be, IMO. You can ride the tight stuff or play in the sand or just bang around the outside trail loops. Just ride at whatever pace that you don't run into things or fall over.

I wouldn't recommend a KLR with "street" tires though.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:01 PM   #15068
capflip
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedragaknee View Post
If you are riding a KLR with flip flops, I am definitely making the trip down!
Charging the batteries in the GoPro for that one.

Outback can be anything you want it to be, IMO. You can ride the tight stuff or play in the sand or just bang around the outside trail loops. Just ride at whatever pace that you don't run into things or fall over.

I wouldn't recommend a KLR with "street" tires though.
no flip flops. I have mx boots, kevlar liner under my jeans, mesh jacket, gloves, and a ds helmet. Just wasn't sure if this is a setup that I will end up regretting.

I figured out quick that the avon gripsters didn't grip. I'm running a kenda k270 rear and a shinko sr244 up front.

I'm really good at not trying to keep up with the leader's pace. I know I'm slow, and I'm fine just scootin along in the rear. I'd just really like to meet some new riders, because all I hear at work is "what the hell is that thing and why did you trade your sport bike for it?" and "you need a busa"
capflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #15069
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

Outback

I'm really good at not trying to keep up with the leader's pace. I know I'm slow, and I'm fine just scootin along in the rear. I'd just really like to meet some new riders, because all I hear at work is "what the hell is that thing and why did you trade your sport bike for it?" and "you need a busa"[/QUOTE]

Come on down. You can ride in the back with me.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:53 PM   #15070
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

Outback

It should be perfect this Sunday
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #15071
GotBrakes112
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
Quote:
The new operator seems to be putting more into the place.We are still taking applications for your replacement,it's hard to find a 20 something dude that can take a bunch of crap from old guys and keep comming back for more.Stay safe bro!
Well ill prolly be in charlotte during thanksgiving wont have a bike to ride but maybe ill swing by and say whats up to u guys looks like imma be deploying in feburary to afghanistan for 6 months so maybe ill make a trip up there before i leave with the new bike
Old 11-18-2011, 04:39 PM   #15072
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE

Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedragaknee View Post
I'm really good at not trying to keep up with the leader's pace. I know I'm slow, and I'm fine just scootin along in the rear. I'd just really like to meet some new riders, because all I hear at work is "what the hell is that thing and why did you trade your sport bike for it?" and "you need a busa"
Come on down. You can ride in the back with me.
[/QUOTE]Ya know that at Christmas parades,you have to stay for the whole thing,because they save the best for last!

Like TW said,a couple of KLRS have been there and survived.Come on down ,you'll find something that fits well.

Mikey,all sounds good except the deploy part.
ncTRAILBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #15073
hotdog
Adventurer

bring some gear dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBrakes112 View Post
Well ill prolly be in charlotte during thanksgiving wont have a bike to ride but maybe ill swing by and say whats up to u guys looks like imma be deploying in feburary to afghanistan for 6 months so maybe ill make a trip up there before i leave with the new bike
if you gonna come by ill park the kdx on the trailer n you can ride it. that is if you can ride somethin aint pumpkin colored lol we will make sure it has gas in it lol
1974 Water Buffalo
Old 11-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #15074
luni
A51 Tour Guide

Oddometer: 1,053
Hmmm might hafta make time to install a new throttle cable tomorrow.
luni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:42 AM   #15075
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog View Post
if you gonna come by ill park the kdx on the trailer n you can ride it. that is if you can ride somethin aint pumpkin colored lol we will make sure it has gas in it lol
Hotdog, I know Mike's not much for punctuation and all. Heck...don't think he's even updated his signature, but I think he's riding GREEN now.

Dang X, Y or is it Z generation now...livin on the dang iphones and such.

Stay safe if I don't see ya before you deploy Mike, and give em...

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote