ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2011, 05:20 PM   #15286
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

Oddometer: 2,317
A53

Kick ass trail building day. CFO was a huge help. Maybe 4 more hours and it'll be complete. Stoked for sure!![/QUOTE]

Order is placed
Attached Images

eyedragaknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #15287
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

KDX kick stand

Well, I had one of my guys draw this up on the 3-D CAD machine today. Then they water jet cut this from a thin piece of aluminum, just to check fit.

We will send it to the laser cutting shop. Once it comes back we will send it to the welder to get it all staked on. Can you stake with a welder?

After that it is off to the powder coater and hopefully it will come back all wrapped in that cool bubble wrap stuff. I like stepping on it.

Some of the guys will put it all together for me and maybe by spring I can have somebody load it on a truck for me so I can drive it to Outback and show everybody.

CRAP! I almost forgot about sending it to the chrome plater to get some shiny sharp barbs put on it before we ride.

I'll bring enough T shirts for everybody.
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #15288
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE

Oddometer: 2,536
The locals will be at A52 about 11.Sounded like a ton of Quads over there today.That could be a good thing for tomorrow.TW,how many laps did yall get in Friday?
ncTRAILBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #15289
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedragaknee View Post
Well, I had one of my guys draw this up on the 3-D CAD machine today. Then they water jet cut this from a thin piece of aluminum, just to check fit.

We will send it to the laser cutting shop. Once it comes back we will send it to the welder to get it all staked on. Can you stake with a welder?

After that it is off to the powder coater and hopefully it will come back all wrapped in that cool bubble wrap stuff. I like stepping on it.

Some of the guys will put it all together for me and maybe by spring I can have somebody load it on a truck for me so I can drive it to Outback and show everybody.

CRAP! I almost forgot about sending it to the chrome plater to get some shiny sharp barbs put on it before we ride.

Did you and your dad get along with each other?????????
Old 12-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #15290
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,355
Quote:

Order is placed

Of course you would pick green. :-)

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #15291
hotdog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
powdercoat

Quote:

hey EDK can i get that powdercoat stuff in a spray can? walmart?
1974 Water Buffalo
hotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:20 AM   #15292
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrakes View Post
Of course you would pick green. :-)
No green at A53...EDK knows the deal. Want some arrows that will stand out like the orange fall leaves at Outback.

TrailBoss, I did 5 laps and NB did 4 laps on the HS layout that you showed me. Pretty wet in the low areas along the creek. Somebody had been riding horses in there as well.

EDK, New kickstand mount is looking pretty sweet.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #15293
truck6driver
The Fireman

Oddometer: 7,052
Quote:
EDK,

Wish you were closer, we could knock out the welding in a couple of minutes. You did all the hard stuff removing the old paint.

Ray
truck6driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #15294
sweetfeed
Boxher

Oddometer: 1,367
BC61 and Mr Magoo just left Sweet Feed on their way to shakedown the rally bike....I don't know what I'm looking at but, boy, does that bike look freaking awesome! Bill has done an amazing job. Go, BC61, go!
sweetfeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #15295
tactical-T
TreeStump

Oddometer: 569
TW,
About how long did those 5 lap take you? Did you do them nonstop?. Sounds like some good training. Also sounds like I need to get in shape and do more cardio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post
No green at A53...EDK knows the deal. Want some arrows that will stand out like the orange fall leaves at Outback.

TrailBoss, I did 5 laps and NB did 4 laps on the HS layout that you showed me. Pretty wet in the low areas along the creek. Somebody had been riding horses in there as well.

EDK, New kickstand mount is looking pretty sweet.
The more time I spend in this world , the smaller it gets
tactical-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:28 PM   #15296
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

HS course

TW,
About how long did those 5 lap take you? Did you do them nonstop?. Sounds like some good training. Also sounds like I need to get in shape and do more cardio

Yeah, me and TB were talking about you today and how you'd better be getting your resting heart rate down to about 40 bpm. That was between us tossing down red hots and soda for our(his) training.

Had a fun ride today. Finally got to be on the same planet with IT400 for a change. Didn't hit anything all day either
Did go off course a couple of times and got stalled in some muck twice. I think that was from all the quadzookis coming through there yesterday and ripping the place up. Kinda got out of my designated rut.

Got to ride shotgun and follow TB for a change. Never did that before. Flows like hot maple syrup through those turns.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #15297
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by tactical-T View Post
TW,
Don't know about TW, but I was mainly breaking in the new scoot, and figuring out the handling, I stopped at the truck a few times to make adjustments to the bars, etc. As far as getting in shape, you aren't the only one! I have a looong way to go.

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:33 PM   #15298
Mr. Magoo
Follow me; I'm lost!

Oddometer: 4,935
BC61 and I rode close to 100 miles today; a good shakedown for the DAKAR bike. Man, he was looking good on that bike. The bike performed flawlessly and is a seriously well thought out performance machine ... certainly appears to be up to the job!

I was on the HP2 and had a total ball! I've never jumped that bike like I did today; what a blast!

I hope Bill can post the pics and vids I took today ...

GO BC61 !!!!
Mr. Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:41 PM   #15299
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck6driver View Post
EDK,

Wish you were closer, we could knock out the welding in a couple of minutes. You did all the hard stuff removing the old paint.

Ray
Ray, Can you weld stainless?

Tac-T, We ran what ncTB showed us, so I can only assume it was the full course. I was riding the Blue Berg, which is sprung for 250 lbs (rally big fuel tank springs) with a Revloc and no SD. Showed NB the course on the 1st lap. Then rode 2 x 2 lap sessions with adjustments being made between the sessions.

Heard the quad tards reeked havoc on the OB HS course this weekend?

Wish I could have ridden with you guys Magoo, but I was in the air today with work travel. Sounds like fun.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE

Tarheel Wheeler screwed with this post 12-11-2011 at 05:49 PM
Tarheel Wheeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #15300
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE

TW,stainless can be welded with a stick welder using a stainless rod.Most anybody can handle that.Just depends on how purddy you want it.

EDK,i think what you mean is,"flows like soft-serve ice keem out of the machine at Burger King,just before they add chocolate syrup and M@M's to it." [Dang,them things are GOOD!!]
HotDog,we had another great ride today.Thought we had blown up on of them 4-strokes for a minute,but turned out to be a blown hose.Could'nt tell from all the smoke![where were you]

EDK has the "Golden Oldies" class locked up if we can just get him to enter.Joe,I think you have to bring a copy of your SS check to gain entry to the class.

TW,be safe on yer trip.

Outback was good today,2 lines through every turn

Missed Lurch today,wonder what he was up to?????

Plumbin'fool,thanks for the groceries today.