ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #17476
luni
A51 Tour Guide

Oddometer: 1,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverDan View Post
Aye...that be mine.
I have the black S-10 with side cases 2 parking lots over. I run by your bike on almost a weekly basis.
luni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #17477
hscrugby
"That guy"

Oddometer: 4,097
Assuming there isn't some super huge blizzard from Ioga or Joe or some other random name. (Damn weather channel naming everything to make news now days)
Anyone off from work and riding dirt somewhere Monday?

(And wouldn't mind a fat slow newbie tagging along?)
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #17478
Chad_NC OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,758
You are only going to be slow(relative lol) until you figure out that Katooom then look out

You got this via Crapatalk
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #17479
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post
NB, Can I have your autograph? What's it like to be a celeb? We need pics man!
Thanks, man! I picked up my trophy and what I reckon is about $300 worth of useful swag that the VCHSS was thoughtful enough to award me. And I earned my new number for next year - "5", which was my finish position for the series, and they kindly reserved that for me for next season because of that, so I took it. Hate to give up my beloved "51" number, but I figure if I earned the "5", I better take it, or someone else will. Speaking of which, I need to tell that Ryan Dungey kid to quit using my number, now - that one's mine.

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
nobrakes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #17480
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrakes View Post
Thanks, man! I picked up my trophy and what I reckon is about $300 worth of useful swag that the VCHSS was thoughtful enough to award me. And I earned my new number for next year - "5", which was my finish position for the series, and they kindly reserved that for me for next season because of that, so I took it. Hate to give up my beloved "51" number, but I figure if I earned the "5", I better take it, or someone else will. Speaking of which, I need to tell that Ryan Dungey kid to quit using my number, now - that one's mine.
Congrats on a well deserved trophy and swag.

I got the 51 covered with my 51T.

Soooooo....does this mean you're going to run the VCHSS series again this year? If so, hope you have better luck than the other 5. How bout Bam Bam?

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #17481
RoverDan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by luni View Post
I have the black S-10 with side cases 2 parking lots over. I run by your bike on almost a weekly basis.
Very cool! Almost to 4K on my odo. Not a lot, but I have taken it on a couple of decent road trips, and a weekend camping trip up in the Pisgah. An amazing bike on and off road.

I'll try to spot your bike...I can't believe I haven't seen it yet. Cheers!
Harbinger Of Fate: In the roads we travel, our destination is always a tiny speck on the horizon where it meets the greeting dawn. Many of the roads we travel down a harbinger of fate waits for us there to change our destiny from the one we have chosen... - David Harris
RoverDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #17482
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post
Congrats on a well deserved trophy and swag.

I got the 51 covered with my 51T.

Soooooo....does this mean you're going to run the VCHSS series again this year? If so, hope you have better luck than the other 5. How bout Bam Bam?
Don't count Dungey out. Love Barcia - hope he wins it.

I may do a few VCHSS rounds. But I think I'm going to race yet another, and different series this year. Fewer rounds, closer races. Save some money. Have more time for the family. But still get to race. Win win. My "5s" number will transfer to the other series, I think, so I should be able to run the same number in both.

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
nobrakes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #17483
luni
A51 Tour Guide

I'm at 3700 on the odometer since August. Mostly commuter duty. Just got a montana for christmas. Working on mounting it so I don't have to rely on gas tank directions. Then hopefully some longer stuff. I'm babying the Tenere but it still stabled my DRZ. Does exactly what I wanted it to.

Didn't ride out to Pisgah but tossed the bike in the back of the truck, loaded up the girlfriend and the dog and made a weekend of it with a day trip on the BRP. Stayed in a cabin by Linville Falls. Would definitely do it again with a little more time exploring the gorge.

Can't see my parking space from the main road. I take advantage of "premium" parking in a drainage culvert between some bushes next to my building. Cars don't fit and other bikes don't want to mess with it. Just for me.

If you wanna make a tag run or go riding around let me know.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #17484
Chad_NC OP
Beastly Adventurer

3700 since August Luni? I just traded the Vee and had it 3 years+ and it had just over 4000... Guess my bikes are parked to much

Old 01-18-2013, 07:02 AM   #17485
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 8,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_NC View Post
3700 since August Luni? I just traded the Vee and had it 3 years+ and it had just over 4000... Guess my bikes are parked to much

Heck yeah! You need to get out more. I put 2,000 on the Bonnie the first two weeks I had it, and 5,000 since July 13th. You just need to chase the occasional long distance tag.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #17486
dbeav
POSTED?

Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by rglee View Post
Tony, Dan,

After we got off that first section of paved road and back in the tight stuff, I made not 1 but 2 wrong turns and went around in a couple circles, and then of course was MILES behind you guys. I went a few more miles until I was totally whipped... took a long break and then decided to call it a day. I've never ridden so many miles of consistently tight stuff before and it kicked my old butt ... plus it was a lot warmer than I figured it would be . But it was great meeting you guys and riding the 20 or 30 miles that I did. Sounds like you guys definitely got your money's worth!
Great riding with you too I had a blast. Can't wait to ride like that again. Sorry you weren't able to stay and ride Sunday. Next time baybe Tac-t will slow down a bit. I will be at Outback on Sunday should be another good ride.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #17487
luni
A51 Tour Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_NC View Post
I average 300 miles a week in whatever I'm driving/riding so when I don't need the truck I take the bike and rack up miles just bouncing around.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #17488
Chad_NC OP
Beastly Adventurer

I can't blame you for wanting to ride the S-10 around. It's a sweet bike! I'm liking having a Uly again to. Just gotta ride more. Got a Zumo coming in the mail along with other goodies

Old 01-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #17489
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 8,219
Sumo is a good investment. I love mine, but I haven't had the best of luck with power supplies. The one on the Ural cooked itself last summer, and the engine of the Bonnie just melted the casing on one. :(

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #17490
luni
A51 Tour Guide

Next addition will be an adjustable windshield bracket with a GPS mount which should end up something like this.

Computer Hope