ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #18106
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE

Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanjdoc View Post
Hey no calm down check your PM! Don't be hurt you have a private reply!!
You're asking,soooo,I'm gonna say 1972 Honda SL350.Nice flat seat,2 pistons,2 mufflers=2muchfun!!!!

Good luck in your DS hunt.Everything,and I do mean everything involved with DS riding is a compromise.Helment type,tire choice,light bike,not so light bike,gear ratio,you name it.....Maybe that's part of the draw.Have fun deciding!
ncTRAILBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #18107
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE

Hope everyone is out riding,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Because we are on page 3
Old 05-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #18108
truck6driver
The Fireman

Oddometer: 7,327
I ride everyday..............to and from work.
truck6driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #18109
Chad_NC OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,762
I rode about 100 miles on Thursday night

You got this via Crapatalk
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #18110
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,640
We rode Trails up in Skipwith, VA. today. Laid out 6 sections for an event we have coming up 9 Jun before the bottom fell out.

Leaving for the US round of the World Trials Championship Thursday with some buddies.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:27 AM   #18111
truck6driver
The Fireman

Oddometer: 7,327
HAve fun and be safe. Don't want anymore injuries.

It hurt just reading about NB's break.

Ray
truck6driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:43 AM   #18112
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck6driver View Post
HAve fun and be safe. Don't want anymore injuries.

It hurt just reading about NB's break.

Ray
Yeah it's really been no fun at all. I was all set to really enjoy that race, feeling good, riding decent (for me), and ready have some serious fun after a stressful week at work, and then 30 seconds into the race my fun came to an abrupt halt.

Last update from the doc two weeks ago is no weight bearing for 6 weeks, so that's down to about 4 weeks now. Doc said it was a nasty break with a lot of displacement and they had to use some serious muscle while they were in there to pull and shove and pry everything back to where it was supposed to go, and then screw it into position to keep it there. As a result, I'm still feeling the effects of the surrounding soft tissue damage and my foot and lower leg is still pretty bruised and swollen as a result, even now, a month out from when it happened.

The good news is that it's a lot better than it was, and is getting stronger every day. It really sucks not being able to ride. I'm on the mend, and am working the ankle forward and back trying to get some range of motion back. Hopefully once I can put some weight on it, the recovery will accelerate. Right now I'm worried about the muscle loss from not being able to use it. I have some seriously sexy legs and would had to lose that. lol

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
'12 Beta EVO 2
nobrakes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #18113
Mr. Magoo
n/a

Oddometer: 4,946
I have two kids in university. I don't ride anymore. I work.
Glad you are on the mend NB!
Mr. Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #18114
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrakes View Post
Yeah it's really been no fun at all. I was all set to really enjoy that race, feeling good, riding decent (for me), and ready have some serious fun after a stressful week at work, and then 30 seconds into the race my fun came to an abrupt halt.

Last update from the doc two weeks ago is no weight bearing for 6 weeks, so that's down to about 4 weeks now. Doc said it was a nasty break with a lot of displacement and they had to use some serious muscle while they were in there to pull and shove and pry everything back to where it was supposed to go, and then screw it into position to keep it there. As a result, I'm still feeling the effects of the surrounding soft tissue damage and my foot and lower leg is still pretty bruised and swollen as a result, even now, a month out from when it happened.

The good news is that it's a lot better than it was, and is getting stronger every day. It really sucks not being able to ride. I'm on the mend, and am working the ankle forward and back trying to get some range of motion back. Hopefully once I can put some weight on it, the recovery will accelerate. Right now I'm worried about the muscle loss from not being able to use it. I have some seriously sexy legs and would had to lose that. lol
NB, You know that I know exactly how you feel. Took 6 months before I could run after that left knee injury last Sept. Heel up quick. Need any help with maintenance rides on the three fiddy?

T6D, Thanks...really need to get away for a bit. Been a tough couple of weeks since we put CFO's father in the ICU. Can't wait for the Worlds. Last time the worlds came to the USA was 2008.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #18115
goosecreek
a desk prop

Oddometer: 2,340
camping in Uwharrie National Forset

Hey guys I am going to pass by Uwharrie National Forset and would like to camp there.Does anyone have suggestions on the best place,primitive camping is fine with me.
goosecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #18116
hscrugby
"That guy"

Oddometer: 4,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by goosecreek View Post
Hey guys I am going to pass by Uwharrie National Forset and would like to camp there.Does anyone have suggestions on the best place,primitive camping is fine with me.
What are you riding?
Old 05-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #18117
goosecreek
a desk prop

Oddometer: 2,340
Riding a ktm 690e and will do anything but deep water corssings ,I will be alone and do not want to fish it out by myself.
I am just passing by but I am riding through northern tip to the southern tip got any route suggestions?
goosecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #18118
Icecold Dan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by goosecreek View Post
There is a great primitive spot on the right, just past the first OHV parking lot off of Dutch John.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #18119
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 8,404
West Morris Campground. Site 11. More bigfoot sightings there than anywhere in the park.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/nfsnc...48944&actid=55

Seriously though, it is primitive, secluded, and easily accessible. You just setup camp and drop your $5 in the dropbox. near the entrance.

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #18120
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrakes View Post

Been thinking about ya buddy,even MrsTB asked how that Brian guy on the ATM was doing.....It sure doesn't take much to break our bodies.Seems like it's always the weird stuff that gets us.Glad you're healing bro!