ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #18226
RoverDan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Iron Horse

Magoo, Did you camp or stay in a cabin? I will most likely primitive camp. Place looks really cool, and the riding has to be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
I've stayed at the Iron Horse. It was great.
Harbinger Of Fate: In the roads we travel, our destination is always a tiny speck on the horizon where it meets the greeting dawn. Many of the roads we travel down a harbinger of fate waits for us there to change our destiny from the one we have chosen... - David Harris
RoverDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #18227
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

Oddometer: 2,317
Roadie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
Luni, let me know if you want to swap the tires here. I'll be here until July 1, them I'm off on the Hp2 on tour of TN, KY, IN, IL, WI, MN, ND, MN, WY, CO, NM, TX, AR, MS, LA, AL, GA, & NC.

Hmmmm, might need some tires myself.
Uh..you missed Ohio. "the fart of it all". State motto. Google it
eyedragaknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #18228
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,630
2 Dream Weekends!!!!

Been on the road a bunch over the last 2 weeks. Had more fun than a person deserves to have.

We loaded up the trials bikes and took of for the Trials Training Center in TN for the FIM World Trials Championships US round the Thursday before Memorial Day. Great place to ride any kind of bike and well worth the trip.

Here's a pic on the podium with the winner of both rounds. Great weekend to be a riding a Gas Gas! All the World riders were very approachable and pleasant to talk with. Anybody know who he is?

Also a little free advertising for BC61.

Here's a video of Toni Bou (multi-time World Champion) in Section 9 on Saturday. Talk about a crazy splatter...that boulder was like 16' tall. Not sure how to do the whole embedded video thing, so you'll have to click on the link. Enjoy!

http://s259.photobucket.com/user/tar...eec36.mp4.html

We stayed out at the TTC after the Worlds and rode all day Monday, then loaded up and drove back on Tuesday.

Was laying around watching the Lucas Oil Pro MX race from Colorado Tuesday night when we got back, and got a wild hair to load up and head for Bristol for the inaugural TN National at Muddy Creek last weekend. The CFO and I loaded up the car and took off Friday after work. Came down for breakfast Saturday morning before the race and ended up eating breakfast with Malcolm "Mookie" Stewart. All the dude ate was Fruit Loops.

Muddy Creek was incredible with KTM Orange taking overalls in both the 450s with Dungy and the 250s with Marvin. Great weekend to be an Orange koolaid drinker.

CFO and I were leaving the hotel after the race and ran into Dungy and his family. Super nice guy to talk to. Got up Sunday and watched all the crews in the haulers take every bike down to the frame. They put fresh engines in every bike for High Point.

See what I mean...2 dream weekends!

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #18229
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

Oddometer: 2,317
World Trials

Sweet video
eyedragaknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #18230
Mr. Magoo
Follow me; I'm lost!

Oddometer: 4,949
Living large THW; living large!!!
Mr. Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #18231
Dirigo
Curious

Oddometer: 309
SAAAWEEETTT!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #18232
Mr. Magoo
Follow me; I'm lost!

Oddometer: 4,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverDan View Post
Magoo, Did you camp or stay in a cabin? I will most likely primitive camp. Place looks really cool, and the riding has to be awesome.

Both. Nice facilities.
Mr. Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #18233
wparkinson
Gear Whore

Oddometer: 2,077
There are lots of trails over near the trials training center. Wheb I was in tn we wouls go down there as much as we could. It is freaking awesome. There are lots of river crossings and LOTS of ROCKS... If you ever get a chance to go there with a woods or ds bike... hook up with Ihatefalling over in the Middle Tennessee thread... he has the entire area mapped out.

WP

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
wparkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #18234
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,630
What's up WP? Ridin any?

Watched BC61 on the tube last night. Good series being aired on Speed.

Can I get your autograph next time I see you BC?

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:18 AM   #18235
wparkinson
Gear Whore

Oddometer: 2,077
Yo... TW!!! How the hell are ya... Well as far as riding goes.. I got out and rode the other weekend and ended up with a cracked piston... blowing oil out the air box and all over the place... Guess the MC gods are pissed at me for letting the bike sit for so long...

Got parts ordered but its going to be about two weeks before I get them.. then I got to get the machine work done... So June is pretty much shot..

You out rocking the trials circuit these days?

WP
wparkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:23 AM   #18236
luni
A51 Tour Guide

Oddometer: 1,045
Got the new tires on. Ran the wheels down to Gin's. New place at Robeson and 401. $25/tire for mount and balance seems a little steep but I got to check the place out and throw some money at a local start-up. It's definitely a cruiser place but nice folks and some interesting custom bikes. Confused the hell out of them when I said I was bringing in a tubeless spoked rim.

In other news, I think I'm ready to crack and get a trailer. I can't load the Tenere in the truck by myself with 2 split ramps, getting wider ramps is just a band aid and doesn't do me any favors since they're shorter and the angle will be steeper. Looked at Lowes and TSC but they want $600 for a 4x8ish which is a little more than I'm comfortable throwing down without shopping around first. Any ideas?
luni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #18237
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by luni View Post
Got the new tires on. Ran the wheels down to Gin's. New place at Robeson and 401. $25/tire for mount and balance seems a little steep but I got to check the place out and throw some money at a local start-up. It's definitely a cruiser place but nice folks and some interesting custom bikes. Confused the hell out of them when I said I was bringing in a tubeless spoked rim.

In other news, I think I'm ready to crack and get a trailer. I can't load the Tenere in the truck by myself with 2 split ramps, getting wider ramps is just a band aid and doesn't do me any favors since they're shorter and the angle will be steeper. Looked at Lowes and TSC but they want $600 for a 4x8ish which is a little more than I'm comfortable throwing down without shopping around first. Any ideas?
Enclosed or exposed? What size are you looking for?

The used market is your friend. I'm not knocking Lowe's, TSC, or Northern Tool trailers, but most of them are overpriced for what you're getting. There are tons of them on the used market too.

When it looked like my Uli (4.5x8.5 Brenderup) might be trashed, I was finding the Lowes type expanded metal trailers for $200-$400 range.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #18238
luni
A51 Tour Guide

Oddometer: 1,045
Exposed 4x8. Just need to fit 2 bikes or a riding mower. Where are you looking? Everything in Fayetteville is as much or more than the store
luni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #18239
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by luni View Post
Exposed 4x8. Just need to fit 2 bikes or a riding mower. Where are you looking? Everything in Fayetteville is as much or more than the store
Everything is more expensive in Fayetteville. Check out the Raleigh and Greensboro CL sites. You'll find more.

I just wasn't impressed enough with the construction of the big box store models to warrant their prices. Hell, we built the trailer for the sidecars out of scrap for less than $200, and that was mostly tires and a bullnose hitch. It's a BEAST.

This one isn't pretty, but at $450, it looks to be built solid! All it needs is a $10 can of rustoleum paint and lights wired to be good.
http://greensboro.craigslist.org/for/3849395853.html

This one is turnkey ready to go for motorcycles for $400.
http://greensboro.craigslist.org/for/3824265308.html

I'll find cheaper. Just give me a minute.

RidingDonkeys screwed with this post 06-11-2013 at 10:29 AM
RidingDonkeys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #18240
Icecold Dan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 494
Did they remove and replace the wheels for $25 each? If so, that's a pretty good price. It's still a decent price if you had to bring the wheels in yourself.