ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #18526
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT 400 View Post
Yes, you read that right, I'll post more info here and on the Racing Forum, but due to a cancelation of a Georgia race, SEMDTRA (South East Motorcycle Dirt Track Racing Association) has asked Tar Heel Speedway to host an event. The scheduled event will be Sept. 7th. This is big, boys!!! Spread the word, thanks for your support and there will probably be some kinda "Inmate" deal. Stay tuned and thanks again in advance...
That's really cool IT! You know me and the CFO will support the effort.

To pile on...looks like 6 time AMA Pro National Trials Champion Ryan Young will be instructing a Trials clinic at A53 on 19-20 Oct. This is really big, cause he only does 2 or 3 clinics a year. Also have 2 multi-time AMA champions committed to attending the clinic.

As GER said, the cost will be $150 for 2 days of instruction if we have 15 or more students. Fee includes lunch both days. That's a bargain! Also, Ryan will have a few Trials bikes that he can rent for the weekend at $200. These rentals are not ragged out POS, but will be 1 to 2 year old Shercos.

You guys that don't want to try Trials are welcome to drop by and watch. PM me or GER soon if interested, cause spots are filling up.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #18527
hscrugby
"That guy"

Oddometer: 4,093
All that trying to decide, and they cancel the race for Sunday.

Guess I'm riding trails in the mud somewhere on Sunday...
Old 08-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #18528
Chad_NC OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,742
TW if I can swing it and the wife's schedule permits I would love to come watch. I have never seen a trials event and I think it would be pretty interesting to see a bunch of grown men hop around on a motorcycle on one wheel and no seat

You got this via Crapatalk
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:34 AM   #18529
Icecold Dan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT 400 View Post
Yes, you read that right, I'll post more info here and on the Racing Forum, but due to a cancelation of a Georgia race, SEMDTRA (South East Motorcycle Dirt Track Racing Association) has asked Tar Heel Speedway to host an event. The scheduled event will be Sept. 7th. This is big, boys!!! Spread the word, thanks for your support and there will probably be some kinda "Inmate" deal. Stay tuned and thanks again in advance...
Sweet! I've been telling the guys at work about the track. If you have a flyer for the event, I'd be happy to post it around the Wilmington area.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:25 AM   #18530
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_NC View Post
TW if I can swing it and the wife's schedule permits I would love to come watch. I have never seen a trials event and I think it would be pretty interesting to see a bunch of grown men hop around on a motorcycle on one wheel and no seat

You got this via Crapatalk
No problem at all Chad. 19-20 Oct is a clinic. A lot of guys sitting around getting instruction, watching the Pros do it, and then trying the stuff the Pros made look so easy.

Gonna be hosting 2 events here at A53 next year.

Will keep you guys posted as we get closer.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #18531
IT 400
Junk Collector

Oddometer: 1,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecold Dan View Post
Sweet! I've been telling the guys at work about the track. If you have a flyer for the event, I'd be happy to post it around the Wilmington area.
I'll try to have something put together over the week end. For intermission we may have a "street bike" class, maybe 20 bucks to enter "run whatcha brung" 100% pay back to the first third of the field. More info to follow.
IT 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #18532
IT 400
Junk Collector

Tar Heel Speedway is proud to announce that since Sept. is Childhood Cancer Awareness month our "Racing for a Reason" program will donate a portion of the race proceeds and the proceeds from the 50/50 drawing to St. Baldrick's Foundation for Childhood Cancer Research. A "Special" Grand Marshall/Starter will be announced in the near future. there will be other events during the race to give both racers and spectators an opportunities to donate. Check out www.stbaldricks.org/

ya'll can follow this thread over in the racing forum under Flattrack Racing in North Carolina.
IT 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #18533
hscrugby
"That guy"

That's awesome IT...

St baldricks is a great charity.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #18534
IT 400
Junk Collector

Racing For a Reason

First I want to thank SEMDTRA for the opportunity to host an event and on short notice I will strive to put on an event that will be the first of many. Flyers and stuff will follow shortly gate times will be whenever you show up but the flyer says 3:00, practice and racing will start around 5 and 7. Admission will be 10 bucks and everything else will look just like a SEMDTRA event.

NOW!!! This is the deal... Tar Heel Spedway is doing what we call "Racing For a Reason" Sept. Is Childhood Cancer Awareness month and THS is going to donate a portion of the race proceeds and our take on the 50/50 drawing to St. Baldrick's Foundation for Childhhood Cancer Research. Our Grand Marshall/Honorary Starter will be Hanna Markham, the 4 year old daughter of a friend of mine, she has been fighting cancer almost half her life and has what her Dad calls "The most ferocious fighting spirit he's ever seen in anyone" We've set a goal of 2000 bucks and if that goal is reached I will sit on the flag stand and have my head shaved... Go to http://www.stbaldricks.org/participa...ge/655335/2013 to get a head start.

Matthew 6:19*Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20*But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21*For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

It ain't about the motorsickles...
Old 08-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #18535
megad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
anyone riding outback or cape fear orv tomorrow?
megad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #18536
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by megad View Post
anyone riding outback or cape fear orv tomorrow?
Not Outback, but did get some riding in today with IFixFords, Mike (not sure his adv handle), and fast Rick, who continues to live up to his name. :-)

Mother Nature had taken her summer toll and demanded a pre-ride sacrifice, so we took on briars and brambles a rabbit wouldn't venture into in order to make a few of the sections passable.

Only one blister, but got the initial round of arm pump out of the way before even getting on the bike.

Post ride - my handicap pass is nearly expired. I do feel guilty using it now, so I guess I better stop before I jinx myself.

It's only fitting, since I set my personal best time ever on this trail today, less than 4 months since my surgery - doc and physical therapy lady both say I'm way ahead of the game in recovery, almost feels normal except for the stiffness, limp, achy pain, tingling toes, 4 screws, and the bone chip still floating around in there. But other than that, it's great!

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #18537
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

Oddometer: 2,317
Thumb Snap...Ouch

Had a great day of DS riding in the mtns yesterday till about 4:00. Left Morganton about 9, did the usual FS road stuff. Rode the rocky Uwharrie type trail that crosses Yancey Ridge, hit Blowing Rock for a cool lunch about 3. Headed down Globe and saw a trail and did the WWTG? ( Wonder Where That Goes). About 10 min into that one we were missing a rider. Backtrack and tried to find his collarbone on the trail someplace.

Getting him out of there with a broken collarbone and to Morganton was a miserable experience.

All good. Clean break.

Magellan will be back riding with some extra sheet metal.
eyedragaknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #18538
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Glad to see you're back in the saddle NB.

Sorry to hear about Magellan's broken collarbone EDK. Guess he's not going to be up for the Ryan Young clinic here at the farm in Oct.

Cool bit of news...NCMP stepped up and will no longer allow quad-tards at the facility. Heard that the only ATV's allowed are those owned by member who previous held annual memberships.

Way to go NCMP!

"Back Wheel Bob" and me marked 2 Trials sections for upcoming CVOTC event here at the "H" and built one of the sickest play areas you'll ever see. Will try and remember to snap a few pics when I'm back there next time.

Great weekend to be riding!

Old 08-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #18539
hscrugby
"That guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post
Glad to see you're back in the saddle NB.

Sorry to hear about Magellan's broken collarbone EDK. Guess he's not going to be up for the Ryan Young clinic here at the farm in Oct.

Cool bit of news...NCMP stepped up and will no longer allow quad-tards at the facility. Heard that the only ATV's allowed are those owned by member who previous held annual memberships.

Way to go NCMP!

"Back Wheel Bob" and me marked 2 Trials sections for upcoming CVOTC event here at the "H" and built one of the sickest play areas you'll ever see. Will try and remember to snap a few pics when I'm back there next time.

Great weekend to be riding!
Yea..
Amusingly, I think I saw more k wads there today than previously... They gave a few people that drove there a pass to ride trails... People claimed they didn't know.. But at least the quads were off of the tracks

And the quads that were there were friendly...
Old 08-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #18540
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by hscrugby View Post
Yea..
Amusingly, I think I saw more k wads there today than previously...
Bummer!