ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #18691
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust View Post
Yep, but not with the custom ones. Definitely want the customs, but haven't put the $$$$ into it yet. I'm used to using them at large/loud venues, and the bass transmission is far better than the treble. Bass and other low freq. oscillations also travel better through solids (heck, I think they travel better through everything), such as bone, etc.
Yeah, this is definitely going to take some getting used too. I'm going to keep at it and see how this works out for me. Luckily I'm only in for $60 for this set.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #18692
Trust
I'll fix that

Oddometer: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
Yeah, this is definitely going to take some getting used too. I'm going to keep at it and see how this works out for me. Luckily I'm only in for $60 for this set.
How'd you pull that off??
Originally Posted by focallength View Post
If you dont remember, sky, ground,sky,ground,sky, ground, treeeeeee! You passed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
YOOOOOOOOOLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Give me riding.
Trust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #18693
Icecold Dan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 486
Oh good, back to motorcycles related discussions. I'm still rocking the foamy ear plugs. I also haven't been able to get over the price of the customs, so the free ones I get at work will have to do for now.

Hey Trust, I can't get that dude to answer or call me back... /shrug
Old 10-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #18694
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust View Post
How'd you pull that off??
Hitting up the vendors on the last day of an event always seems to work in my favor. In this case, I caught them at Barber on Sunday around 2pm. They'll do anything to make a sale at that time of day.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #18695
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,630
Laugh Learning From The Master!

What a great weekend 21 of us had learning from "The Man" Ryan Young!

Just getting started!

The steeds stalled up for the night.

The party Saturday night..."Dust To Glory" playing at the Flyin H Drive-In, some great pizza with brews, and one sweet fire. Don't get any better than that.

A pic with Ryan after loading the RYP Sherco Team bus and getting ready to take off for Kentucky. What an epic weekend!

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #18696
Chad_NC OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,742
Looks like you guys had a great time TW. I was thinking the price was expensive but seeing all involved and the team bus being there I now see what a bargain it was. Even the movie thrown in Maybe a heavy pig DS class with street tires is next

You got this via Crapatalk
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #18697
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_NC View Post
Looks like you guys had a great time TW. I was thinking the price was expensive but seeing all involved and the team bus being there I now see what a bargain it was. Even the movie thrown in Maybe a heavy pig DS class with street tires is next

Expensive!

Try getting 2 days worth of motocross or enduro training from a 6 time AMA Professional Champion. This clinic was dirt cheap, and the ladies did an incredible job with lunch both days and dinner Sat night, which by the way were also included in the clinic fee.

Ask Tac-T, ifixfords and GreyEagleRider what they thought about the clinic...bet they'll tell you the same thing. Had 2 on the stand by list that didn't get in. So well received by all that Ryan has agreed to make this an annual clinic stop, and he only does 2 or 3 clinics a year.

We did have a guest appearance by a Husaberg.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #18698
ifixfords
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post
Expensive!

Try getting 2 days worth of motocross or enduro training from a 6 time AMA Professional Champion. This clinic was dirt cheap, and the ladies did an incredible job with lunch both days and dinner Sat night, which by the way were also included in the clinic fee.

Ask Tac-T, ifixfords and GreyEagleRider what they thought about the clinic...bet they'll tell you the same thing. Had 2 on the stand by list that didn't get in. So well received by all that Ryan has agreed to make this an annual clinic stop, and he only does 2 or 3 clinics a year.

It was indeed a great weekend! I learned a lot and met a bunch of new friends. Everything was top notch, could not have asked for more.

Ryan Young is an excellent teacher, he makes it all look so "easy". Inside joke . I don't remember when I ever got a better motorcycling bargain.

Thanks again to TW, GreyEagleRider, Ryan and the ladies for making it a great weekend !

2014 BMW F800GSA
2008 KTM200XC-W
2009 Beta EVO 250
ifixfords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #18699
KTRMN8R
Sand Camel

Oddometer: 1,208
Awesome TW!!!

What an absolutely cool opportunity.

I am lookin' at a XR400R to add to the stable, I found one on CL (do't buy it it's mine !).

God Bless & Godspeed!
KTRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #18700
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTRMN8R View Post
Awesome TW!!!

What an absolutely cool opportunity.

I am lookin' at a XR400R to add to the stable, I found one on CL (do't buy it it's mine !).
Sometimes a motorcycle is just the distraction you need to get thru the tough times Brother! Prayers been going your way for awhile now.

Come on up and I'll put you on a bike without a seat sometime. You'll be addicted!

Old 10-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #18701
Chad_NC OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,742
Quote:
Expensive!

That's what I meant, at first glance it looked pricey but after seeing Ryan is a true pro, makes his living that way, it would be like getting driving lessons for two days by Richard Petty. You can't even touch his driving classes(which he doesn't teach) for close to that. I don't know how you do stuff like that TW but you never cease to amaze with all the stuff you get involved with.

Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #18702
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

Oddometer: 2,317
The king

I have done both schools. 2 wheels was more fun than going left all day
eyedragaknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #18703
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE

Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifixfords View Post
It was indeed a great weekend! I learned a lot and met a bunch of new friends. Everything was top notch, could not have asked for more.

Ryan Young is an excellent teacher, he makes it all look so "easy". Inside joke . I don't remember when I ever got a better motorcycling bargain.

Thanks again to TW, GreyEagleRider, Ryan and the ladies for making it a great weekend !
WHAT????You don't think getting to ride with TrailBoss for an afternoon at 15 bucks is a bargain?????

I'm sure yall had a great time,even though it looked like everyone left their seats at home.
ncTRAILBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:14 AM   #18704
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,355
Glad the trials camp weekend was a success. The best money I've ever spent on bikes has been on training. And gas, of course. :-)

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #18705
GrayEagleRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 230
Clinic was top notch, no doubt. Half the cost of a similar clinic offered from the TTC but with a 6 time champ teaching it. Learned a ton, plus great time with great bunch of riders. An all around great experience.

Quote:
Expensive!

GrayEagleRider is offline   Reply With Quote