ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #18751
steveO-Ray
BikELess Vagrant

Oddometer: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust View Post
The one with sidecases? Not me, but it looks like a nice ride.
I believe it did have sidecases.

You're not caught in this purgatory as well are you?
"It is not the critic who counts:...The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena...who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
-Teddy Roosevelt
steveO-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #18752
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 8,375
I see a Dakar with sidecases running the Manchester 500 towards Southern Pines periodically. Almost caught the guy one Saturday at Railhouse Brewery. I saw the bike out front as I was passing and figured I might as well have a brew. By the time i flipped the Ural around and pulled in, he was pulling out the other end of the parking lot.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #18753
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifixfords View Post
I was told Maine is happy to collect your money. Makes it fairly easy.

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
'12 Beta EVO 2
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #18754
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,363
Quote:
Really great race at NCMP. The rain on Friday set the course up well for Sunday, very little dust and lots of traction. I love the terrain at NCMP, 6.3 mile loop of hills, rocks and roots! VXCS did a great job with race setup, lots of fun. Just found out I finished 3rd out of 9 in the Senior C class.
Great job, IFF!

!!! WARNING WARNING WARNING !!!

Racing is addictive and can result in the most serious adrenaline inducing, heart pounding, action packed 2 hours of your life.

Some people jump out of airplanes for an adrenaline rush. It's on their "bucket list". They might do it once in a lifetime (actual real soldiers aside, here). Racers experience that same feeling every weekend or so on the starting line.

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
'12 Beta EVO 2
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #18755
ifixfords
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrakes View Post
Great job, IFF!

!!! WARNING WARNING WARNING !!!

Racing is addictive and can result in the most serious adrenaline inducing, heart pounding, action packed 2 hours of your life.

Some people jump out of airplanes for an adrenaline rush. It's on their "bucket list". They might do it once in a lifetime (actual real soldiers aside, here). Racers experience that same feeling every weekend or so on the starting line.
Thanks NB, and you are correct! I've been searching for a race somewhere to feed my adrenaline addiction. Not much going on till spring. I'm riding trials at TWs on Sunday. While it is exciting and challenging, I'm definitely going to miss the speed and constant action of Enduro.

We will have to hook up with Rick for some single track action.

2014 BMW F800GSA
2008 KTM200XC-W
2009 Beta EVO 250
ifixfords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #18756
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,640
Wait till you roll into your 1st section with everyone watching and scoring you Sunday IFF...you want to talk about nerves. You'll think you forgot how to ride a motorcycle.

As for exciting and challenging...you betcha! I think you had fun here.

I like to use the words strategic and cerebral to describe Trials, but it definitely has it's adrenaline rushes like executing a Splatter onto a 6' face.

Then there are the times like these that make it even better...it's a real fraternity.

Hope some of you fast movers can make it out to the farm Sunday for the CVOTC event. WX is going to be epic! Check out the website http://www.cvotc.org for info and directions.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #18757
ifixfords
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post
Wait till you roll into your 1st section with everyone watching and scoring you Sunday IFF...you want to talk about nerves. You'll think you forgot how to ride a motorcycle.

As for exciting and challenging...you betcha! I think you had fun here.

I like to use the words strategic and cerebral to describe Trials, but it definitely has it's adrenaline rushes like executing a Splatter onto a 6' face.

Hope some of you fast movers can make it out to the farm Sunday for the CVOTC event. WX is going to be epic! Check out the website http://www.cvotc.org for info and directions.
It's definitely exciting, and fun without a doubt. Thanks for posting those pics, glad someone caught that on film!

Just got a magnetic tether switch from Ryan, which I will install this evening. I also found completely by accident the ignition mode switch. I don't see it in the manual, and no one ever mentioned it. But while changing gear box oil, I happened to look up and see the switch. An online search shows that position 2 was not helpful in trying to learn trials. I have it in position one now, which helps with low end torque and reduces high rpm power. Hope to have an easier time with it this weekend.

See you all on Sunday!

2014 BMW F800GSA
2008 KTM200XC-W
2009 Beta EVO 250
ifixfords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #18758
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,640
Quote:
It's definitely exciting, and fun without a doubt. Thanks for posting those pics, glad someone caught that on film!

Just got a magnetic tether switch from Ryan, which I will install this evening. I also found completely by accident the ignition mode switch. I don't see it in the manual, and no one ever mentioned it. But while changing gear box oil, I happened to look up and see the switch. An online search shows that position 2 was not helpful in trying to learn trials. I have it in position one now, which helps with low end torque and reduces high rpm power. Hope to have an easier time with it this weekend.

See you all on Sunday!
Ryan's foot is healing nicely...talked to him yesterday.

Sorry, Thought you knew all about the map switch. I can't tell much of a difference. In fact was going to remove mine completely, but that's another story.

Place is ready to go. Should be fun!

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE

Tarheel Wheeler screwed with this post 11-08-2013 at 03:51 PM
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #18759
Trust
I'll fix that

Oddometer: 1,324
You'll be surprised at how many advriders are here. Just keeping my ears open I meet more in person than I do on the forum. I'm hoping I can get the bike going before too much longer so I can actually ride with some...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveO-Ray View Post
I believe it did have sidecases.

You're not caught in this purgatory as well are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
I see a Dakar with sidecases running the Manchester 500 towards Southern Pines periodically. Almost caught the guy one Saturday at Railhouse Brewery. I saw the bike out front as I was passing and figured I might as well have a brew. By the time i flipped the Ural around and pulled in, he was pulling out the other end of the parking lot.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
If you dont remember, sky, ground,sky,ground,sky, ground, treeeeeee! You passed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
Herding drunk cats drunk. That takes it up a notch.
Give me riding.
Trust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #18760
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE

Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Thanks NB, and you are correct! I've been searching for a race somewhere to feed my adrenaline addiction. Not much going on till spring. I'm riding trials at TWs on Sunday. While it is exciting and challenging, I'm definitely going to miss the speed and constant action of Enduro.

We will have to hook up with Rick for some single track action.
The MidEast race was at OutBack 3 weeks ago,Brakes and I would have squeezed over and let ya line up with us....Like Brian said,they are fun.Maybe Mike will have another "local" HS at the OutBack soon.Small crowds,but a hoot to participate in.
ncTRAILBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #18761
steveO-Ray
BikELess Vagrant

I should finally be getting a bike tomorrow. It's been far too long not having one. I'll certainly be needing some riding buddies since none of my current friends ride. It's good too know we've got a decent inmate population around here.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
"It is not the critic who counts:...The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena...who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
-Teddy Roosevelt
Old 11-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #18762
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveO-Ray View Post
I should finally be getting a bike tomorrow. It's been far too long not having one. I'll certainly be needing some riding buddies since none of my current friends ride. It's good too know we've got a decent inmate population around here.

What are you getting,there are guys in here doing just about every type riding,from flat-tracking to trials.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #18763
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE

Hope all of you Veterans in here enjoy your weekend! Thank You.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #18764
steveO-Ray
BikELess Vagrant

A dl650 is what I'm looking too pick up. Should suit my needs perfectly. I've never lived in this part of the country until recently so I've got plenty of exploring too do.

-Teddy Roosevelt
Old 11-09-2013, 05:06 AM   #18765
truck6driver
The Fireman

Oddometer: 7,317
Saw a few in the flea market. Don't rule out the Versys either.

Ray
truck6driver is offline   Reply With Quote