ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #18781
luni
A51 Tour Guide

Oddometer: 1,065
The opportunity to name the NA tag mascot doesnt come along very often.
luni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #18782
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 8,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by luni View Post
The opportunity to name the NA tag mascot doesnt come along very often.
Yep. I really wanted to grab it in Woodstock this weekend, but things just didn't pan out.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #18783
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedragaknee View Post
TW put on a good shindig. Good sections and it looked like RY on that new Sherco. Tony the Tiger looked pretty relaxed too. It was fun just free riding and spectating. Had to head home to feed granny. Been eating for 91 years now! A good day
Thanks EDK and GER. Appreciate Tac-T, GER, EDK, Magellan, IFF and Adam coming out to support the event. It was definitely an epic Trials event. The largest turn out of the year for a CVOTC event.

Not often you get to see an 81 year old NATC and STRA Trials Hall of Famer and the 2013 AMA/NATC SR60 Expert Champion ride. Those 2 have some seriously sick riding skills.

Felt like I was learning to ride all over again since I only had about 1 hour on the new Sherco. The 2014 3.0 ST arrived Friday afternoon, and I assembled it Friday night. With working to get the place ready to host the event and walking the sections with the CVOTC President to get the sections approved, I only got to ride it for just a short time to make sure everything was working.

As for the story behind the new Sherco, I'm now an authorized Sherco Trials dealer. The name of the business is "Tarheel Trials". Going to carry Sherco bikes, Airoh helmets, Gaerne boots, Jitsie and Mots clothing. Can get most any trials product you guys might need and will offer Sherco demo/rentals and demo ride areas. Hope to develop the farm into the NC Trials Training Center one day. Ryan Young has also agreed to do a 2 day Trials clinic here annually.

Can also get Airoh MX/Enduro helmets and select Sidi products.

So in other words...LOTS HAPPENING AROUND A53!

Pics to prove it happened.
Riders meeting Sunday morning

Intermediate class walking Section 2--- The Stadium section

One sweet 14 Sherco 3.0 ---- Rider not so much... Stadium section boulders

Tac-T nailing a descent in Section 3 --- The Gully

GreyEagleRider in The Gully

IFF getting ready to drop into The Temple of Trials --- Section 5

2013 SR60 Expert National Trials Champion --- Garry Hoover getting ready to blast up an 8' wall in Section 4 --- Upper Gully.

And finally...The Temple of Trials with a few ADVriders...Can ya name em?

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE

Tarheel Wheeler screwed with this post 11-11-2013 at 05:50 PM
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #18784
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE

Oddometer: 2,536
Dang TW,,it must have been real late Fri. night when ya put that bike together.You got the forks on up-side down and forgot to put the seat on.

Congrats on your new deal there.
ncTRAILBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #18785
Mr. Magoo
n/a

Oddometer: 4,946
Go get 'em TW!
Mr. Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #18786
Trust
I'll fix that

Oddometer: 1,294
Wicked Local Project wanted for neighbor getting back on two wheels!!

Hey crew:
I know the seller of this boat (http://fayetteville.craigslist.org/bar/4183791395.html) ... he's looking for a project to fix up over the winter. Ahem - he's specifically looking for a project that someone doesn't have time with and needs out of their garage to barter for his jon boat.

So. I know there must be someone out there with something with two wheels they don't want any more who wants to swap for a boat. I know he's been looking at older 80's bikes (an XJ650 came up in conversation the other day), but I've advised him against "choppers" and the custom stuff that some of the CL traders have tried to foist on him. He's handy enough with wrenching that I think a good carb job or other minutia would be stuff he could handle, and as far as I can tell, he's looking for something to hang out in the garage and tinker on.

If any of you are or know someone who is looking for jon boat and would swap a project bike for it (or just buy the boat outright - I'm sure he would sell and then he could just buy a project), please let me know or just contact him through the ad. Thanks y'all.

Ad copied below for context:
Quote:
12 foot jon boat for sale/trade - $800 (fayetteville )

I have a jon boat that works great. I put it in the bed of my Silverado and can put it in about anywhere. Comes with a fish finder, two life vests, a paddle, fishing pole holders, a front and rear light for night fishing, a new marine battery, a battery charger which I forgot to picture. The boat is registered and good for another three years. I have the bill of sale from NC Wildlife so it can be transferred over. There is no title and never has been one for it which is good so that means there will be no title issues. Want to trade for a motorcycle for a project,atv or anything of equal value. Let me kniw what u have maybe I'd be interested. Thanks alot. Text 7243174222. Don't email for some reason people email me then i answer and they don't respond.
If you dont remember, sky, ground,sky,ground,sky, ground, treeeeeee! You passed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
Herding drunk cats drunk. That takes it up a notch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
YOOOOOOOOOLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Give me riding.
Trust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #18787
Icecold Dan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 538
Anyone planning on heading down to Sandblast Rally in March? I'm already signed up to volunteer again this year as a radio operator. It's a great time and they can always use all the help they can get if you're interested. They take great care on the volunteers.

http://sandblastrally.linaracing.com/2014/
Old 11-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #18788
NORBVR
Not so gnarly

Oddometer: 387
Puke I'm doing it all wrong

TW a Fat Cat Dealer , IT a Fat Cat Track Owner and I just keep pumping money into a hobby.

Congrats to you both. I know it's love not money motivating your actions. Thanks for stepping up to represent it as you do.

I appreciate the passion.

Peter
Old 11-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #18789
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecold Dan View Post
Anyone planning on heading down to Sandblast Rally in March? I'm already signed up to volunteer again this year as a radio operator. It's a great time and they can always use all the help they can get if you're interested. They take great care on the volunteers.

http://sandblastrally.linaracing.com/2014/
Dan, I've volunteered every year since I raced the SB. I'll be there working a stage for sure!

I heard something about side by sides being in this year...say it ain't so!

Old 11-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #18790
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORBVR View Post
TW a Fat Cat Dealer , IT a Fat Cat Track Owner and I just keep pumping money into a hobby.

Congrats to you both. I know it's love not money motivating your actions. Thanks for stepping up to represent it as you do.

I appreciate the passion.

Peter
Thanks Peter. See you at SB?

Don't need no stinkin seat Boss. Only one thing more fun than this that's less than 5mph...

Old 11-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #18791
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,361
Congrats TW!

You've taken it to another level.

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:02 AM   #18792
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrakes View Post
Congrats TW!

You've taken it to another level.
Thanks NB. I just really want to promote this great sport and get our youth riding. Trials riding is amazing, and the comradery is second to none. It can be as mellow or as dangerous as you want it to be. That's the really cool thing about it. In MX or Enduro, for the most part we all run the same track with the same difficulty level. In CVOTC Trials there's a line in each Section for 5 skill levels.

Need to talk to you about setting up a small business, as well as best business practices. I'm sure there's a few lessons you've learned along the way that I could benefit from.

How's the Enduro/HS scene these days? Still riding VXCS?

Old 11-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #18793
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post
How's the Enduro/HS scene these days? Still riding VXCS?
I'm riding pretty frequently, haven't in the past few weeks though, just been covered up with work. Last time I rode was with Boss at the Mid-East race at Outback. Had a fantastic time. The highlight for me was a big hug from Penny.

No VXCS since I broke my ankle back in April. I was going to go to one of their races in September but I ended up getting a last minute project dumped on me from work so I needed all 3 of my brain cells focused on that. It happens. Maybe next year.

I'm sure trials is fun. I'm not ready to give up my dirt bike, though. I haven't come close to exhausting the fun factor out of that yet.

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #18794
Icecold Dan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post

I heard something about side by sides being in this year...say it ain't so!
They had a Can-Am team run the offroad stages last year, but he couldn't do the transfer stages. A trailer met him at the end of each stage. Now rally WV there were more because they could do make the transfers on their own.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #18795
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrakes View Post
I'm sure trials is fun. I'm not ready to give up my dirt bike, though. I haven't come close to exhausting the fun factor out of that yet.
Don't give up your dirt bike. Just get an older Trials bike, start having fun and improve your Enduro skills.