ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #18871
Mr. Magoo
n/a

Oddometer: 4,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck6driver View Post
Was thinking of something for my son to cut his street teeth. He gets his license in July, hoped to have something streetable by then. Also something I could try to talk the wife into getting on and teaching her to ride.
Wish I could tag the TTR225 but NC won't hear about that anymore. Hell I have yet to repair his TTR125LE. (SIGH)
Is it a TW or a BW?

Can't swing it right now. Daughter just had surgery we had to pay for and the holidays have me deep in the hole.

I am interested though. Details?

Ray
The BW is not a good bike on the street. 5-6psi makes for a weird ride. Tires are loud on the road. I just like to be able to get from trail to trail and scout the gamelands. It's fun to ride slow too ... which is nice.
Mr. Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:39 AM   #18872
IT 400
Junk Collector

Oddometer: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
The BW is not a good bike on the street. 5-6psi makes for a weird ride. Tires are loud on the road. I just like to be able to get from trail to trail and scout the gamelands. It's fun to ride slow too ... which is nice.
I was kinda thinking that thing would be a handful on hard surfaces over 45 mph. Actually I'd think that a 350 version of my 200 would probably challenge the riding skills of an advanced rider if ridden aggressively. It would probably make for great YouTube footage, but I wouldn't want to be on it
IT 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #18873
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE

Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT 400 View Post
I was kinda thinking that thing would be a handful on hard surfaces over 45 mph. Actually I'd think that a 350 version of my 200 would probably challenge the riding skills of an advanced rider if ridden aggressively. It would probably make for great YouTube footage, but I wouldn't want to be on it
How are the preparations coming along for the big race weekend?I'm trying to get some of the boys together for the indoor deal.I figure that way,if you try and put up a fight when we ask for your "card",we'll have it covered.
ncTRAILBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #18874
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

Oddometer: 2,319
scouting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post

I always ride slow. Is there another option?

Are they killing animals with lead this time of year in the GL?

EDK
eyedragaknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #18875
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE

Oddometer: 2,536
EDK!!Where ya been?
ncTRAILBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:21 AM   #18876
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

Oddometer: 2,319
Missing?

I've been spending quality time learning a southwestern language(contractors) and having many meetings with city officials... aka TRYING TO BUILD A FRICKIN GARAGE IN CARY.

That and the regular work thing and both our mothers 91 and 85 need a lot of attention now.

Better than having a poke in the eye.

Livin the dream.
eyedragaknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:41 AM   #18877
NORBVR
Not so gnarly

Oddometer: 387
Thumb Lot to catch up on!

Lots of goodness in the last few pages! Congratulations all around

I'll be in FL and miss the big race event, IT. Sorry I'll not be supportin'

Peter
Old 12-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #18878
Chad_NC OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,762
EDK trying to build anything in Cary is a chore. They like permit money. Good luck with it for sure.

You got this via Crapatalk
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #18879
rglee
Ride 'em, don't wash 'em!

Oddometer: 75
TUbliss question

Has anyone used, or know someone that has, the TUbliss device for dirt bike tires/wheels??? The website, http://tubliss.com/ , states, "TUbliss® is, essentially, a high pressure rim lock and seal that secures the entire tire bead to the rim, completely eliminating the use of a conventional tube. TUbliss® allows you to run a low tire pressure (as low as 10 psi) which dramatically improves traction; especially important for enduro and baja racing. Since there's no conventional tube, the days of pinched tubes and flats are over! Even if you get a tire puncture, the bead stays seated to the rim."

Kinda sounds too good to be true. Appreciate any info... thanks.
'75 Z1,
'69 CB160, '66 CB450
rglee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #18880
Trust
I'll fix that

Oddometer: 1,333
Another rider here and friend of mine has used them before, IIRC - pain to get installed, but work like a charm he said.

For him, too much work to be worth it, but it seemed they were more dirt-oriented and there wasn't as much dirt being done at that time for the rider...
If you dont remember, sky, ground,sky,ground,sky, ground, treeeeeee! You passed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
Herding drunk cats drunk. That takes it up a notch.
Give me riding.
Trust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #18881
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by rglee View Post
Has anyone used, or know someone that has, the TUbliss device for dirt bike tires/wheels??? The website, http://tubliss.com/ , states, "TUbliss® is, essentially, a high pressure rim lock and seal that secures the entire tire bead to the rim, completely eliminating the use of a conventional tube. TUbliss® allows you to run a low tire pressure (as low as 10 psi) which dramatically improves traction; especially important for enduro and baja racing. Since there's no conventional tube, the days of pinched tubes and flats are over! Even if you get a tire puncture, the bead stays seated to the rim."

Kinda sounds too good to be true. Appreciate any info... thanks.
I've ridden a few bikes with them. Really nice system when it all works. Think No Brakes ran Tire Balls for awhile. He can provide you some feedback on that system.
Bib mousse is the real way to go if money is no object.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:00 AM   #18882
IT 400
Junk Collector

Oddometer: 1,582
Flattrack double-header 12/21&22

Man, this is happening fast!!! If anyone would like to sponsor a class or donate or help in any way, message or give me a call. Please feel free to copy and share this flyer...

Tar Heel Speedways "Racing for a Reason" is supporting TEAM LEAH during this event. Leah is the 7 year old daughter of a friend and co-worker that was diagnosed with Leukemia the week before Thanksgiving. Check the "Team Leah" facebook page. Thanks in advance and I hope to see some of ya'll at the races.

IT 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #18883
luni
A51 Tour Guide

Oddometer: 1,073
Spamming my sort-of for sale post without copying and pasting all over the place.

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=898

2001 DRZ 400S with 8k miles and every farkle you can stick to it and some you can't for $3k.
luni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #18884
Chad_NC OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,762
Damn I wish I had money and room for another bike! I hope you sell it soon and don't have to come down on the price much Luni.

You got this via Crapatalk
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:42 AM   #18885
GrayEagleRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 230
Very Nice

Very slick bike. I wish I could justify buying another bike, barely have time for the one I got now. GLWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by luni View Post
Spamming my sort-of for sale post without copying and pasting all over the place.

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=898

2001 DRZ 400S with 8k miles and every farkle you can stick to it and some you can't for $3k.
GrayEagleRider is offline   Reply With Quote