ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2009, 03:56 PM   #7591
IT 400
Junk Collector

Oddometer: 1,570
Outback

Gourmet(sp) hot dogs, home made chocolate chip cookies...Man, who's got time to ride motorcycles??? The moisture content in the riding surface was perfect in most places...a little slick (read SLICKER DEN EELS IN AH BUCKET AH SNOT) but the riding was great, ain't been on a bike in two weeks, it was good.
TB and Lurch were in charge of the "dogs", Tourist showed up with the cookies, I showed up with about a 80% knee and the NFG (the F stands for FAST) showed with a Blue bike that was suffering from too long in storage and we didn't have sufficient time or tools to fix it, but Peter let him use the TW to do a partial lap. TB led the tour at a semi-leasurely but quick pace and the New Guy managed to keep the TW in the mix...therein lies the potential for him to be FAST...
It was a great day... Rob,it's good to have you in the mix...look forward to running with the WR 450 You now have a clue how this operation works, thanks again everybody that was there.
NB..."A"...missed ya'll, we'll catch ya next time.
No Brakes...No Pictures... So nothing in this post actually happened

IT 400 screwed with this post 12-06-2009 at 04:39 PM
IT 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:20 PM   #7592
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,352
Man, I hated to miss you guys, and I'm sure "A" wishes he was there riding rather than doing what he was doing. Glad you all had a good time anyway, even though without pictures and proof, all your fish stories are highly suspect!
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #7593
NORBVR
Not so gnarly

Oddometer: 367
There be pictures of the pit crew being trained for Sandblast...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

It had enough air in the tire to run

Thanks for another great outing, guys. I had a good time. Riding home in the warm truck cab made it even better

Peter

NORBVR screwed with this post 12-07-2009 at 05:31 AM
NORBVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:57 PM   #7594
NORBVR
Not so gnarly

Oddometer: 367
One more

this is the chain that came off the WR. It looks better then the fuel drained out of the tank smelled.

[IMG][/IMG]

And it was darn slick ridding. I loved it!

Peter
Old 12-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #7595
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE

Oddometer: 2,536
Riding in the woods at the pace we do,should have us all losing some belly fat.,but we are putting on weight.Go figure.

Rob,it was great meeting you today.If ya don't mind hanging out with old washed up riders,you are welcome anytime.I enjoy being around young guys like yourself that have their head on straight.[well except for the fact that you had shorts on today].
ncTRAILBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:29 AM   #7596
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

Oddometer: 2,317
Hot dogs

Anybody have directions to this weekly hot dog fest?
eyedragaknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:42 AM   #7597
roblanedude
West Coast Transplant

Oddometer: 33
Hey fellas!

Even though I didn't get the WR running it turned out to be a great time. Good company, good trails, and apparently there were some good cookies too. Can't speak first hand on that - by the time I went looking for them they'd already been eaten

I'm off today and I'll do some work on that carb and try and get the thing going for the weekend.

Thanks again for the invite and I look forward to next time!
roblanedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #7598
IT 400
Junk Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedragaknee
The hot dog fest is actually the unofficial-official semi-weekly, sometimes, from time to time when it happens...VIU meeting at the Outback. You more than qualify as a member, so you are welcome anytime, and may well be honored at one of these gala events, were you to attend, but being charitable and kind no one is turned away...we've even fed some of THEM...you know...THOSE OTHER KIND OF PEOPLE...you know...well, you know....some ATV riders If you don't know how to get there, "Boss" can give you better directions than I can...it's his backyard.

VIVA LA VIU!!!

Live old, ride old...know JESUS or no peace...
Old 12-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #7599
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedragaknee
Center of the map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...46864&t=h&z=15

View Larger Map
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:44 PM   #7600
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE

Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT 400
The hot dog fest is actually the unofficial-official semi-weekly, sometimes, from time to time when it happens...VIU meeting at the Outback. You more than qualify as a member, so you are welcome anytime, and may well be honored at one of these gala events, were you to attend, but being charitable and kind no one is turned away...we've even fed some of THEM...you know...THOSE OTHER KIND OF PEOPLE...you know...well, you know....some ATV riders If you don't know how to get there, "Boss" can give you better directions than I can...it's his backyard.

VIVA LA VIU!!!

Live old, ride old...know JESUS or no peace...
Careful there EDK,Rick may send ya back home with an old Bultaco Matador,Pursang,or such with a "see what you can do with this" .I think that if I am ever to get my second ride on a Yamaha SC500,I'm gonna have to go to Rick's place and fix it myself ...............We would be honored to have ya show up though!

It was kinda cool yesterday as some young guys came over looking at my MX400 and Rick's TT500.I answered one of their questions with,"those things on the cylinder are cooling fins "Hope I did'nt impair their hearing when I fired it up.
ncTRAILBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #7601
truck6driver
The Fireman

Oddometer: 7,051
Well I have the reverse issue. The free (kinda) CR125R I got from a fellow firefighter has no fins a radiator and more parts in the top end than in the transmission . The thing has exhaust valves, a governor and about 12 other parts I cannot identify.

Now what in the hell do I do with it. I was hoping to use it to ride with my son but I have no clue how to work on the damn thing. The last 2 stroke I worked on had 6 parts to the top end:
head
piston
cylinder
rings
gaskets
rod

Ray
truck6driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:17 AM   #7602
IT 400
Junk Collector

[quote=truck6driver]Well I have the reverse issue. The free (kinda) CR125R I got from a fellow firefighter has no fins a radiator and more parts in the top end than in the transmission . The thing has exhaust valves, a governor and about 12 other parts I cannot identify.

Now what in the hell do I do with it. I was hoping to use it to ride with my son but I have no clue how to work on the damn thing. The last 2 stroke I worked on had 6 parts to the top end:
head
piston
cylinder
rings
gaskets
rod

My brother-in-law had a "02 that had been laying around his shop for about a year (stolen/recovery) and gave it to me back in the summer, I in turn gave it to one of my kids at church...he is fixxing on it as funds are available, but we cranked it up right after he got it, and it is VERY FAST!!! It would be a good bike for "C-man" to grow into...might not be a great woods bike, but it would definately fill his "greed for speed" Maybe that ain't such a good idea after all
Old 12-08-2009, 03:14 AM   #7603
drgnslayr72
smokeater

Oddometer: 108
But what he's not telling you is.....Its not for Carter , its for him
Old 12-08-2009, 06:16 AM   #7604
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

Oddometer: 2,317
Cr

I can come and pick up that old Honda and take it off of your hands. No sense in being miserable
eyedragaknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:10 AM   #7605
IT 400
Junk Collector

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnslayr72
But what he's not telling you is.....Its not for Carter , its for him
Oh, I know that...I was just helping him out if he needed a reason to justify his actions What are friends for?