ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2007, 01:25 AM   #91
Chad_NC OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,669
Chisen, I saw the thread about you going from Durham to PGH? If that wasnt around my anniversary(5th) I would ride that with you.
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:36 AM   #92
Chisenhallw
Kilted Terror

Oddometer: 3,665
Aw, well that sucks.

Not about your anniversary, I mean.
About the ride, I mean.

This one's for a 4th of July party thrown by some friends in Pittsburgh. I'm bringing them some Cackalacky BBQ aka 'civilization'. I make the run a few times a year, though. I'm going to make it again in early August.

So has anybody seen this GIANT group of bikes on 15/501, east side of Chapel Hill on Sunday mornings? Huge parking lot full. All makes & models.
Chisenhallw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:58 AM   #93
GetYourOwn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 779
ride on 7/14

Chad,

I am probably free that day. Can do either a slab ride or dirt. I am in Sanford. Got any routes in mind?

Jim
GetYourOwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:31 PM   #94
4SEVEN3
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 996
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisenhallw
So has anybody seen this GIANT group of bikes on 15/501, east side of Chapel Hill on Sunday mornings? Huge parking lot full. All makes & models.
That would be Michaels. Ita a restraunt at the end of a strip-mall and people get together on Sun. morning. Attendance seems to be dependant on weather, and there are alllllllllllllllllll kinds of bikes there on a good turn-out!
Old 06-28-2007, 02:59 PM   #95
Chad_NC OP
Beastly Adventurer

Jim,

I was thinking about a run down to the beach, or to the mountains, just a slab ride. Basically just to get some miles on the bike and get out of the house. So far there is three, you me and one other interested. You arent far from me so we can meet up and ride to wherever is decided to group.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:00 AM   #96
Truckin_Thumper
low profile

Oddometer: 28,228
<------------New member, Lumberton
XT350 (DOA til later tonight or Tomorrow, blown gasket (ETA: FIXED, an $11.00 gasket put a smile on my face like a 300 dollar hooker )

Might be up for a ride in the next week

Also if anyone has any experience with jetting and wishes to "supervise" I would be very thankfull

Truckin_Thumper screwed with this post 06-30-2007 at 05:06 AM
Truckin_Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:27 PM   #97
Chad_NC OP
Beastly Adventurer

Truckin Thumper there is a guy on here and KLRworld that has a KLR650, and a neighbor 3 streets down from him that has a DRZ400sm. Look up Ron_nc on here(even on this thread I think) and shoot him a pm. He is ALWAYS looking to ride. Had his KLR 15 months and had 20k on it :) I am in Lumberton as I type helping him out. I live 20 miles north of Bragg. Send me a pm if you want to get together and ride a little.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:42 PM   #98
buddha
buried in the sand...

Oddometer: 704
Hey Chad and Ron,

We need to get together and ride again (I'm part of the Suzuki contingent from Clinton that met up with ya'll in Lumberton last year). I've been wanting to check out those sand hills ya'll rode the day we got together and had to split early. Anything else is good too...

I'm thinking about taking next week off and taking the DR to the mountains... maybe ride the BRP and explore some of the dirt roads that shoot off of it every now and again. Otherwise, I'm around and would love to ride.

In related news... Eastwood bought a DRZ, and is thinking of selling the KLR. Crazo (the other Chad) has just shipped off to Romania for 3+ months, and I'm babysitting his bikes for him... have 5 bikes in the garage right now, so i need to do some riding!
Old 06-30-2007, 05:27 AM   #99
4SEVEN3
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 996
Id love to come ride with you guys on the 14th. I have to work that sunday, so a long trip the day before is out for me. Hopefully another time Ill be able to hook up with you guys/gals!

Ill keep my eye on this thread!
Old 06-30-2007, 10:59 AM   #100
FemmeFatale
Perpetual Motion

Oddometer: 3,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetfeed
I can't say enough about Mark Brown and the operation he runs. He's a class act and his primary focus is riding safely. Haven't taken his courses but have had private instruction...he's great! I know he was recently in Bogata, Columbia teaching their police force his techniques. He also heads "BikeSafe", a program implemented in London and put in practice here in North Carolina. Give him a call or email...he's a good guy to know.
+1

I also took private lessons from Motomark - very good and not sure if you know...but Mark is the instructor for the NC Highway Partrol Motobrigade.
FemmeFatale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:02 AM   #101
FemmeFatale
Perpetual Motion

Oddometer: 3,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundelRider
Id love to come ride with you guys on the 14th. I have to work that sunday, so a long trip the day before is out for me. Hopefully another time Ill be able to hook up with you guys/gals!

Ill keep my eye on this thread!
Figures...the only wedding I have this summer and it is on the 14th...very good friend.

Great idea to try to get something organized!
FemmeFatale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 07:34 PM   #102
Chad_NC OP
Beastly Adventurer

Rich,
If you could get the time to ride out that would be great. As for the other sand trails, I think the construction equipment is taking over that area(not sure). Riding with you guys was awesome!

Femme,
Sorry that I picked a bad day :( It was just a day a couple weeks away just to get some miles on the bike, maybe meet up and put some faces to the screennames.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:29 PM   #103
Truckin_Thumper
low profile

Oddometer: 28,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006klr650
Rich,
If you could get the time to ride out that would be great. As for the other sand trails, I think the construction equipment is taking over that area(not sure). Riding with you guys was awesome!

Femme,
Sorry that I picked a bad day :( It was just a day a couple weeks away just to get some miles on the bike, maybe meet up and put some faces to the screennames.
July 14th??
Sure thats ma birfday, its ma birfday .
I WILL not be working, and a ride would be great!
Oh, where? Not to Atlanta I hope? my butt would be rubbed ragged.
Truckin_Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:04 PM   #104
Chad_NC OP
Beastly Adventurer

Anybody else??

Looks like we got Lurker in Sanford, me in Lillington, Ron_NC and Truckin_thumper in lumberton. Anybodyelse?? If thats all, we may do a ride toward the beach, Ron knows some nice routes.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:37 PM   #105
buddha
buried in the sand...

Oddometer: 704
I may tag along, but I've got something to do the 15th and don't know that I can get away both days. I'll just have to play it by ear...