ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2010, 08:25 AM   #11401
truck6driver
The Fireman

Oddometer: 7,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBrakes112
Does anyone have a bearing puller that is near fayetteville or some advice on how to pull wheel bearing out if i dont have one?
Bring it on over I will help up get it out. Been more than a few ADV rides (yes that means KTM's too) worked on in the garage here
I'm out of work sick but I need something to do anyway. It's pertty bad when they tell you you cannot work because of the pills the doc gave you. You want to work they say go home, when you don't they say they will fire you if you don't come in. WTF? Will be back at work tomorrow though.

Hit me up if you want to work on it. Im in Hope Mills.
273-7843

Ray
truck6driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #11402
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

Oddometer: 2,317
Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT 400
If I had a clock like that, It'd leak oil...
Yep, no sludge trap here
eyedragaknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #11403
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck6driver
Bring it on over I will help up get it out. Been more than a few ADV rides (yes that means KTM's too) worked on in the garage here
I'm out of work sick but I need something to do anyway. It's pertty bad when they tell you you cannot work because of the pills the doc gave you. You want to work they say go home, when you don't they say they will fire you if you don't come in. WTF? Will be back at work tomorrow though.

Hit me up if you want to work on it. Im in Hope Mills.
273-7843

Ray
Thumper's bike doesn't count Ray!

Devil's Ridge Hare Scramble is coming up on 17 Oct for those who are interested. Team Blunge Berg will be there in force. Hope the A51 and 52 crowd will come up and support or race. At any rate we need somebody to cook the Red Hots.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE

Tarheel Wheeler screwed with this post 10-05-2010 at 01:13 PM
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #11404
truck6driver
The Fireman

Oddometer: 7,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler
His bike was red and black and not orange. There has been a total of 3 KTM's worked on in the garage 2 of them orange. Thumper was just the only ADV membern a KTM. If it matters, one was a chain replacement and the other a tire replacement. Thumper's......well we all know the stories there huh?! I don't discriminate. We have worked on everything here from Chinese bikes to Harleys. (no Moto Guzzies, Urals, Enfields or Duc's yet)
Most of it is routine maintance.

Ray
truck6driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #11405
IT 400
Junk Collector

Oddometer: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler

Devil's Ridge Hare Scramble is coming up on 17 Oct for those who are interested. Team Blunge Berg will be there in force. Hope the A51 and 52 crowd will come up and support or race. At any rate we need somebody to cook the Red Hots.
Dirttrack racing in Salisbury (Woodleaf) on the 16th, but I'll be there to support on the 17th...The 23rd and 24th will be a Coleridge/Vintage MX weekend...Lots to do. See ya'll out there...
IT 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:58 PM   #11406
GetYourOwn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 795
NC title issue

So I am looking at picking up a BMW bike from a guy who bought the bike new but never registered it. He has the MSO from Daytona beach BMW and the bill of sale form the dealership. My question is will I have issues when I go to NCDMV to get a title? I was hoping I could just reassign the MSO to myself and that along wiht a bill of sale would allow me to title the bike.

Anybody have any experience with this?
GetYourOwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #11407
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

Oddometer: 2,317
Title

I'd call Capital BMW and ask for Jon or Greg.

Doing a 3rd party deal is always a little questionable. Basically, if the clear title isn't in his name and he signs it over to you, it is probably not good to go poking around DMV.

If the bike was never re-titled, then the dealer technically still owns it.

I'd be really careful and ask someone smarter than me.
eyedragaknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:53 PM   #11408
voodoo614
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by luni
Glad I finally made it out. A little disappointed I missed the harescramble lap but the pace for the afternoon was just about right to get reacquainted with A52. Now I have to drop off the grid for another month but I'll be back in the loop in November.

Adam with a DRZ, looking forward to the helmet cam video. I think on a couple of those trails you caught my good side
Got a little of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Fg5NZWL6o
voodoo614 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:06 PM   #11409
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYourOwn
So I am looking at picking up a BMW bike from a guy who bought the bike new but never registered it. He has the MSO from Daytona beach BMW and the bill of sale form the dealership. My question is will I have issues when I go to NCDMV to get a title? I was hoping I could just reassign the MSO to myself and that along wiht a bill of sale would allow me to title the bike.

GYO, I'm going through the same thing with the Berg.

If the MSO is issued to the owner then he must register/title the bike in the state he lives in prior to selling it to you if you want to register it here. You can not transfer a MSO from the original buyer...I tried that approach to.

I have contacted the original owner and will be paying the taxes and title fee for him...seems worth it to get the Berg 100% legit.

Tarheel Wheeler screwed with this post 10-05-2010 at 06:12 PM
Old 10-05-2010, 06:12 PM   #11410
mothra
Rally Driver

Oddometer: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYourOwn

I seconf talking to the people at Capitla BMW first and maybe the dealership where the bike was purchased. The current owner will have the easiest time getting the bike titled and then transfering the title to you. I have dealy with a few cars without titles in NC through DMV. The first was a nightmare and after that is was easy enough. I got really bad advice from an idiot at DMV on the on the first one.

Let me know if you want to hear all the details. But the best advice is to work with the current owner to get the bike titled to you as part of the buying process. You could offer to buy contigent upon being able to title it to you and not pay a penny until the title is clear.

'02 F650GS Dakar
'09 HUSBERG FE450
mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:19 PM   #11411
GetYourOwn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 795
Thanks for the advise guys. I know the seller is on the up and up and just didn't want to pay taxes on the bike but as quickly as I turn bikes over it wouldn't be worth owning the bike if I couldn't get a NC title.

Jim
GetYourOwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:03 PM   #11412
Beemerquick
noisy

Oddometer: 27
NC Rider

Sanford, NC checkin in.......
Beemerquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:11 AM   #11413
IT 400
Junk Collector

Oddometer: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo614
Since they cut the HS course through A52 you don't see it much anymore...but that's gonna change...that footage is the last 2/3 of the infamous "almost done" trail. Were gonna have to figure out the "top part" again because the HS course, to borrow a word from my hero Curly Q. Link,
murderized" it We ran a bunch of the old stuff...with some new downed trees and "natural" repair, they were fun to ride.
IT 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:15 AM   #11414
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerquick
Welcome to the WARD!

There are a few of us on the thread from your parts. You can meet some of the gang on 17 Oct if you head out to Devil's Ridge for the NCHSA Hare Scramble.

By the way...Nice scoot.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:42 AM   #11415
Chad_NC OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerquick
There are several threads that us "locals" are on. This one, mostly for riding dualsport rides(and other things), theres a local dinner thread, theres a lunch thread in Durham that happens every Wednesday, and I think two or three others. Welcome to the area!
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote