ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2007, 03:30 AM   #106
Chad_NC OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,742
Rich, Ron has your number right? If not, then PM me with it, or I will give you mine so that we can let you know what we are doing.
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:23 AM   #107
SkylineKeith
Motorcycle Junkie

Oddometer: 1,613
Guys and Gals,

I'm watching this thread but my schedule is so messed up I don't know were I will be from week to week. I hope to ride with you soon but it may be later in July. If I am available I would love to ride with you because I just picked up a ktm 640 adventure.

I will also try to organize a ride/shin dig this summer I promise.
SkylineKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:41 PM   #108
OldBMWMaster
Banned

Oddometer: 4,185
New garage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeFearKeith
Guys and Gals,

I'm watching this thread but my schedule is so messed up I don't know were I will be from week to week. I hope to ride with you soon but it may be later in July. If I am available I would love to ride with you because I just picked up a ktm 640 adventure.

I will also try to organize a ride/shin dig this summer I promise.
Damn Keith, you are going to have to buy more garage space.

We are headed up to Grandfather Mountain for the Highland Games, July 13-15. We will be watching the Southport fireworks tonight.
OldBMWMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:47 AM   #109
Truckin_Thumper
low profile

Oddometer: 28,384
Hello all.
I am gonna ride to Uhwarrie in the AM. plan on leaving about 0800 ride for about 4-5 hours and head home.
Anyone up?
Truckin_Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:43 PM   #110
STateIH
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
I'll be headed to the beach on the 13th, so no go for the ride on the 14th.

Truckin_Thumper, I just saw the Uwharrie post for 7/7/07. It's a possibility I might could go. I'll send you a PM.
STateIH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:10 AM   #111
wegster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Been meaning to go and check this place out, I think it's $20 or so for the day..mx track(s?) + 6-8 miles of trails.
http://www.ncmp.net/

Mostly looking to do some trails, likely at a semi-leisurely pace this time, as I picked up the DRZ fairly recently...anyone want to meet up and go for a while today?
wegster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:46 AM   #112
NCDan
Absolute Beginner

Oddometer: 1,191
I have moved. I now live 5 miles farther north in Youngsville NC.

05 Wee Strom.

Dan
Old 07-07-2007, 07:15 PM   #113
GetYourOwn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 800
I'm out for the 14th ride. I have unexpected babysitting duties. Would be up for a ride on the 15th to Uwharrie if anybody is around.

Jim
GetYourOwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:50 AM   #114
Truckin_Thumper
low profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker6469
I'm out for the 14th ride. I have unexpected babysitting duties. Would be up for a ride on the 15th to Uwharrie if anybody is around.

Jim
If I get the XT up and running I am game.
I have to order the parts on Tuesday, prolly won't get here til friday, I *may* have it back in one piece by Friday night, if NOT I will be going to Uhwarrie on that Sunday.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:45 PM   #115
Flashback
Mommys Lil Monster

Oddometer: 3,079
Looking for yer rides

East Raleigh 650GS rider and just found this thread. Figure its time to contribute.

I'm putting together a Geodatabase of fun "local" rides within a maximum of a couple hours distance of Raleigh. So far I've got about 15 miles of dirty and dusty secondary roads marked and a couple good routes to traverse them, some with water crossings, trails, and gnarly hills that'll send you flying if you aren't careful. If anyone is interested in contributing and/or receiving some waypoints or tracks please get in touch with me.

Of interest...according to the DOT Wake county has some 180 miles of unpaved public roadways in it and is in the top 10 counties in the state for sheer volume of dirt to ride. We just need to figure out where all these roads are at and string them into ride plans.

If you want to contribute GPS data, please send it in GPX or Shapefile formats. If you want to contribute a ride report, a road, or other area without digital waypoints to go along with it please find the closest SR# and email it to me with a description of the ride so that we can locate and mark it with the GPS when we verify it. I've got the entire SR system of NC loaded into the database (and my GPS) plus access to all the color infra reds/aerial photography imaginable.

If anyone is interested in hosting web space for route maps...that would be an ideal way to spread some of this information around.
Flashback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:58 PM   #116
ncTRAILBOSS
A52 TOUR GUIDE

Oddometer: 2,536
Hey guys,I've been lurking here for over a year and just today got my registration to go through! ..glad to hear there's some DS'ers in the neighborhood.I work on a 4500acre farm in scotland-robeson county and have access to more areas that have some pretty good riding[laid-back taking in the veiw type].One little game I like to play is taking everything needed for a small cookout[hot-dogs-chips-small grill,ect.],hide them on the farm somewhere and give everyone the GPS numbers and tell'em go find it!Great fun for the guys looking as well as for me seeing if we get lunch on time or not!If some of yall are interested let me know.I'm riding a DR650,the most fun bike I've ever owned in 35 years of riding,these dual-sports rock!
ncTRAILBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:23 PM   #117
Truckin_Thumper
low profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMaggot
Hey guys,I've been lurking here for over a year and just today got my registration to go through! ..glad to hear there's some DS'ers in the neighborhood.I work on a 4500acre farm in scotland-robeson county and have access to more areas that have some pretty good riding[laid-back taking in the veiw type].One little game I like to play is taking everything needed for a small cookout[hot-dogs-chips-small grill,ect.],hide them on the farm somewhere and give everyone the GPS numbers and tell'em go find it!Great fun for the guys looking as well as for me seeing if we get lunch on time or not!If some of yall are interested let me know.I'm riding a DR650,the most fun bike I've ever owned in 35 years of riding,these dual-sports rock!
I am game on this, and I only have to go 20 miles to get there
Old 07-09-2007, 06:01 AM   #118
SkylineKeith
Motorcycle Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashback
East Raleigh 650GS rider and just found this thread. Figure its time to contribute.

I'm putting together a Geodatabase of fun "local" rides within a maximum of a couple hours distance of Raleigh. So far I've got about 15 miles of dirty and dusty secondary roads marked and a couple good routes to traverse them, some with water crossings, trails, and gnarly hills that'll send you flying if you aren't careful. If anyone is interested in contributing and/or receiving some waypoints or tracks please get in touch with me.

Of interest...according to the DOT Wake county has some 180 miles of unpaved public roadways in it and is in the top 10 counties in the state for sheer volume of dirt to ride. We just need to figure out where all these roads are at and string them into ride plans.

If you want to contribute GPS data, please send it in GPX or Shapefile formats. If you want to contribute a ride report, a road, or other area without digital waypoints to go along with it please find the closest SR# and email it to me with a description of the ride so that we can locate and mark it with the GPS when we verify it. I've got the entire SR system of NC loaded into the database (and my GPS) plus access to all the color infra reds/aerial photography imaginable.

If anyone is interested in hosting web space for route maps...that would be an ideal way to spread some of this information around.

I like this n00b.

Looking forward to meeting you!
Old 07-09-2007, 06:03 AM   #119
SkylineKeith
Motorcycle Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMaggot
Are you and Flashback brothers from different mothers? Where did the cool n00bs come from?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:19 AM   #120
mothra
Rally Driver

Oddometer: 728
I just had a friend point me to this thread. I live in the Southport area (actually Boiling Spring Lakes) and am always looking for folks to ride with. Some good roads in the area as long as you like sand (especially with this years drought). I have not made it out to the beach at Fort fisher yet or Holly Shelter.

'02 F650GS Dakar (looking for an NC plated endure to lighten the load)
mothra is offline   Reply With Quote