Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
nobrakes OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,357
Thumb Wolfman Bags for your dirt bike

I had an awesome Wolfman tank bag on my KLX331, it was great:

Then I sold my KLX and bought a KTM 450 EXC :

The only problem was that on my KLX, I had shortened my Wolfman straps that hold the tank bag in place so that the end wouldn't flap in the wind. This made the straps too short to work with the different frame design of my KTM.

I first looked on the Wolfman website to see if I could purchase the straps seperately, but didn't see an option to do that. So I sent an e-mail to Wolfman Luggage asking how to purchase a new set of only the straps and Eric just sent them to me, no charge, not even postage! So not only does Wolfman make an excellent product, customer service and support is top shelf as well. I can't say enough about these bags, they are great - heavy zippers and stitching, durable material, nice features like little zippered mesh pockets on the inside for small items and so forth.

Here's the Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag on my KTM 450 EXC, w/new straps. There's plenty of room for cameras, maps, water, lunch, tools, cell phone, wallet, whatever you carry:

It's up far enough to not interfere when you scootch up on the tank, for even the most demanding riders:

Also, be sure and check out their rear fender Enduro Tool Kit bag:

Plenty of room for my KTM stock tools as well as my larger kit of tool essentials, plus even a spare tube (not shown):

Loaded up and ready to roll:

Cheers,

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
nobrakes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:12 PM   #2
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,320
Nice! On both counts..
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:11 AM   #3
Baggi'tard
Assventure rider

Oddometer: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrakes
So I sent an e-mail to Wolfman Luggage asking how to purchase a new set of only the straps and Eric just sent them to me, no charge, not even postage! So not only does Wolfman make an excellent product, customer service and support is top shelf as well. ,
ROGER THAT! I had my Wolfman straps just hanging on frame after doing some work. Fired bike up to let it run and adjust carbs. Well, I melted the strap and right side buckle. Quick call to Wolfman.. and He sent TWO new straps and buckles for FREE! That is some quality service for a quality product. Will have more Wolfman products in the future.
Baggi'tard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:38 AM   #4
Stu
Buffo Maximus

Oddometer: 893
Enduro Tank Bag

I have used these bags for years and they just keep on taking whatever I managed to flail them with. Great bags!

Use plenty of foam around your digital camera if you take that in your tank bag. They are notoriously susceptible to vibration damage.

How do you like the Akrapovic? I just put the Akra stainless header and muffler on my new 525 EXC and, well, WOW!

Stu
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:11 PM   #5
nobrakes OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
How do you like the Akrapovic? I just put the Akra stainless header and muffler on my new 525 EXC and, well, WOW!
I'm loving the Akrapovic - superb quality, very light titanium, good sound, what more could one ask? It's about the same sound level as the de-restricted stock '07 pipe. The only minor issue is that the exhaust flow from the Akrapovic flows over the bottom portion of the plastic blinker - after a few rides the plastic was beginning to melt. I fixed that like this:

Shields up! Deflectors at maximum!

And that took care of that.

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
Old 04-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #6
Stu
Buffo Maximus

Akras

Thanks for the reply. My Ti Akra muffler is just as you describe it. I think the tone has a menacing quality to it that I like a lot. It is no louder than my '07 pipe with the restrictive insert removed, just as you mentioned.

I solved my rear turn signal problem with the Sicass LED light. I forgot to ask them to wire it for a direct KTM plug in so I used the connectors supplied. It would have been cleaner with the KTM plugs, if available. If you get those turn signals (smaller, closer to the fender, not tangling my feet when I get on, less likely to get ripped off in a crash, etc.) as if they can put plugs on for the stock harness.

Stu
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2007, 01:14 PM   #7
Stu
Buffo Maximus

Akras, Etc.

Another view of the Sicass turn signal (p/n 22-106):
Stu
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2007, 01:20 PM   #8
nobrakes OP
Beastly Adventurer

Ooooh, very nice! I'll have to look into those. Are they nice and bright? I have heard that the stock blinkers pretty much fall off if you look at them sideways, so I've got my feelers out for a good replacement. Thanks for the tip on the Sicass.

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
Old 04-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #9
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,491
I've been meaning to order a Wolfman Enduro. I have a 625SXC with the IMS tank and fitment of larger bags is an issue. Anyone have a nice used one they don't need, else I'll be calling Wolfman.
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:43 PM   #10
Stu
Buffo Maximus

Wolfman on the 625

I had the Wolfman enduro bag on my 625 SXC along with dirt bagz for panniers. Both worked great. The combination was all I needed for road work with that bike. (The Wolfman bag now resides on my new 525 EXC which replaced the 625.)

Stu
Old 04-29-2007, 04:51 PM   #11
Todd-Squad
See Ya, Bye.

Oddometer: 757
Me to!

I had to laugh when I read your post. I had taken my bag off to wash the bike. Then I drove around the block to blow off some of the water. When I got back I realized that I had melted the male buckle end. I had an equally great experience when I called Wolfman. Eric threw a new buckle in with my order for a Mini Beta bag and a tail bag. I also have a front fender bag. I really like there products, and I agree they have great customer service. It seems like every time I place an order with them it is on a Monday and I'm preparing to leave on Thursday or Friday for a long ride. Eric has never failed to deliver for me.

Todd-Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggi'tard
ROGER THAT! I had my Wolfman straps just hanging on frame after doing some work. Fired bike up to let it run and adjust carbs. Well, I melted the strap and right side buckle. Quick call to Wolfman.. and He sent TWO new straps and buckles for FREE! That is some quality service for a quality product. Will have more Wolfman products in the future.