User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 10:13 AM   #1
Shooter1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 438
Suzuki BST40 used on a 640 Lc4, a couple questions

I recently bought a '01 Lc4640 and it had a Dellorto on it. It ran well but I replaced it with a BST40 that cam off an '03 DR650. everything went together fine. The stock DR jetting was 140 M 42PJ. Stock on the KTM I believe is 142.5 and 45. The DR BST unfortunately has a non adjustable needle wher the BST's I've had on Lc4's in the past had adjustable grooves. Does anyone know if the needle jet would be the same in the DR BST and the KTM BST? If they are the same I may try and score an adjustable needle. I currently have the stock Suz needle shimmed up about .028" and it runs well. I am currently running a 45 PJ and a 152.5 MJ and the shimmed needle which I think is pretty close with an opened up airbox and the SXC can. I may go to a 47.5 PJ but that remains to be seen. I noticed the stock Suz slide only has one vacuum hole in it instead of two like my past KTM's have had. I have in the past drilled the 2 KTM holes to .110" od and got very good throttle response. Would it be safe to assume that when you drill the 2nd hole in the Suz slide, you can in effect somewhat tune the level of throttle response "crispness" by the size of the hole as long as you don't exceed about .120"? Sorry for the wordy post.
'00 FXDX SG Sport, '06 300XCW,
'07 EXC450, '01 640 Lc4E
Shooter1 is offline   Reply With Quote