Lesharoturbo
Nerdly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,151
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #1517
crspep
Circling the drain

Oddometer: 165
Thumb Another group buy on Acerbis tanks ???

I tried & tried to get a hold of that guy at Northstar motorsports...No luck..... I even emailed Acerbis and begged..... They told me that they break down the old molds and use parts of them in the newer molds, so there's no way for them to make any more after that. [barring them making a new mold aparently]
Anyway, count me in on one, maybe two if someone can "get it on."
Me: Gear on and waiting for my race partner to hand off the bike. 8yr old kid: Hey, you race'n ? Me: (looking around to see if he"s talking to someone else).. Ummmm, yeah. 8yr old: What kind of bike you ride'n ? Me: KX 500. 8yr old: (looking puzzled for a second.) Ohhh, you're riding that OLD bike.
crspep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:41 AM   #1518
Fogo72
I Bleed Green

Oddometer: 1,476
[QUOTE=crspep;15817430]I tried & tried to get a hold of that guy at Northstar motorsports...No luck..... I even emailed Acerbis and begged..... They told me that they break down the old molds and use parts of them in the newer molds, so there's no way for them to make any more after that. [barring them making a new mold aparently]
Anyway, count me in on one, maybe two if someone can "get it
on."[/QUOTE

Well we are finding a few old tanks over here in OZ at the moment, I currently have three, hopefully one will be shipped back to US for Killa very soon if we can get postage cheap enough. The guy from tech at Acerbis that emailed me the other day certainly did not say what your saying, sure that is not the "C" model tank your talking about, cause the "R" model tank only went out of production 18 months ago.
Cheers Fogo.
Fogo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #1519
pushpuller
n00b

Oddometer: 4
How about shipping one to W.A. Fogo,are they new or used
pushpuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:04 PM   #1520
crspep
Circling the drain

Oddometer: 165
Acerbis tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogo72 View Post

Well we are finding a few old tanks over here in OZ at the moment, I currently have three, hopefully one will be shipped back to US for Killa very soon if we can get postage cheap enough. The guy from tech at Acerbis that emailed me the other day certainly did not say what your saying, sure that is not the "C" model tank your talking about, cause the "R" model tank only went out of production 18 months ago.
Cheers Fogo.
When I talked with Acerbis, I didn't specify C or R. I thought that the only ones in existence at that time were for the R..... It didn't matter to me which one I could've gotten a hold of, I would've made it fit. I actually own a C & an R, so I can go either way.

I'll try to find that guy's Email & post it here....... I'm glad that there's still hope, If not, I'll be ordering those rotopax things & going that route.
Thanks for the info.
Me: Gear on and waiting for my race partner to hand off the bike. 8yr old kid: Hey, you race'n ? Me: (looking around to see if he"s talking to someone else).. Ummmm, yeah. 8yr old: What kind of bike you ride'n ? Me: KX 500. 8yr old: (looking puzzled for a second.) Ohhh, you're riding that OLD bike.
crspep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:44 PM   #1521
Fogo72
I Bleed Green

ACERBIS 17 litre tanks.

Guys, I spoke the the Australian distributor today for Acerbis gear and asked him to directly ask the Acerbis factory to do a run of Green KLX650R model tanks, He said they have been discontinued, I said yer I know but they have done runs of 15 before. I told him that guys on this web site are looking for them, I have a head count of 5, he said he would take 5 off our hands straight up, that makes 10. So another 5 and we might be in. No talk of price yet but I would suspect around $450 - $550 landed in Australia. He may be able to get them shipped to other countries to Acerbis distributors around the world. He is going to get back to me next Tuesday.
Cross your fingers.
Cheers Fogo..
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2011, 12:22 AM   #1522
Fogo72
I Bleed Green

Flyby at Horton KLX680R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQUzu...yer_detailpage
Old 05-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #1523
JeffS77
cheap bastard

Oddometer: 3,191
Clutch question

ok so i had an issue with the clutch locking it up..so took it apart to find basically nothing wrong..didnt get to get the job done as i had some dental work scheduled to get done....

sooooooo i went to put it all back together and just want to clearify the last friction plate goes between the short tabs on the basket and not between the long like all the other friction discs??
..if that makes any since.

JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:18 AM   #1524
Fogo72
I Bleed Green

For sale

Guys; I have for sale in mint condition one 17 litre Acerbis tank to suit a KLX650C, in GREEN. Will ship world wide at your expense, currently located in Australia. Make me an offer, no longer made and hard to get hold of, this may be your last chance. Don't miss out on making your pride and joy a capable Adventure mount. PM me with any offers, will go to the highest offer.

Cheers Fogo..
Old 05-08-2011, 04:26 AM   #1525
dunno_where
130km open roads!

Oddometer: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogo72 View Post
Guys; I have for sale in mint condition one 17 litre Acerbis tank to suit a KLX650C, in GREEN. Will ship world wide at your expense, currently located in Australia. Make me an offer, no longer made and hard to get hold of, this may be your last chance. Don't miss out on making your pride and joy a capable Adventure mount. PM me with any offers, will go to the highest offer.

Cheers Fogo..
Definately won't fit a 'R' model ??? Got a fella interested in my bike - he wants a bigger tank for it. He's not on ADV so I said, "I'll see what I can find for ya mate."

2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS Sport-Tourer
dunno_where is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #1526
Fogo72
I Bleed Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno_where View Post
Definately won't fit a 'R' model ??? Got a fella interested in my bike - he wants a bigger tank for it. He's not on ADV so I said, "I'll see what I can find for ya mate."
no it will nor fit the r model I tried it, no good.
Fogo...
Old 05-11-2011, 11:49 PM   #1527
pushpuller
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Any news on the Acerbis tank group buy for the klx650r
pushpuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:41 AM   #1528
Fogo72
I Bleed Green

No

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushpuller View Post
Any news on the Acerbis tank group buy for the klx650r
Still waiting for a reply.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #1529
dunno_where
130km open roads!

Oddometer: 302
Arrow Exhaust

Installed the Arrow exhaust the other day. Sounds good and gives the bike a bit more sting. Looks the part too.

2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS Sport-Tourer
dunno_where is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:47 PM   #1530
Fogo72
I Bleed Green

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno_where View Post
Installed the Arrow exhaust the other day. Sounds good and gives the bike a bit more sting. Looks the part too.
Did you buy brand new, and if so how much?
Fogo...