ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #1576
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer
 
itsatdm's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Nor Ca.
Oddometer: 4,550
I used to know all this stuff. I am pretty sure the KLR shock is shorter than the KLXc. Something like 15"? versus 17 5/8" I remember the KLXr shock being shorter also, maybe it would be a candidate. These shocks have a nitrogen cannister attached, will it fit?

I have looked at Bike Bandit's schematics of the swingarms, when the question is "will the wheels fit" and they are structurally different but do not know if the sizes are different.
__________________
BMW Motorrad USA customer service: "We make superior motorcycles and continue to improve them."
itsatdm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:23 AM   #1577
Myway
Beastly Adventurer
 
Myway's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Knobby country
Oddometer: 2,341
also the upper shock attachmentpoint on the frame is totaly different by a klr than a klx.

when is see picture the klr is much lower.

you mean such a wp lc4
Myway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #1578
WILL_S
OUTLAW POSTIE 001
 
WILL_S's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: goodly satisfactory place, qld
Oddometer: 2,092
Yes a white power non pds shock.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624084
Just looking for different shock options

If i continue on with the project i am looking for a little increase in height/travel on the rear then i can match up some kx forks on the the front.I'm wanting the klx like suspension with the reliability and maintenance of the klr engine.The klx/kx wheels i'm hoping will shed a few kilo's as my klr's are steel rimmed.I've always wanted a klx
but have a klr so it will have to do for now.
WILL_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #1579
Fogo72
I Bleed Green
 
Fogo72's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: NSW
Oddometer: 1,480
Sitting on Ebay at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogo72 View Post
Guys; I have for sale in mint condition one 17 litre Acerbis tank to suit a KLX650C, in GREEN. Will ship world wide at your expense, currently located in Australia. Make me an offer, no longer made and hard to get hold of, this may be your last chance. Don't miss out on making your pride and joy a capable Adventure mount. PM me with any offers, will go to the highest offer.



Cheers Fogo..
I have put this tank on Austalian Ebay, 6 days left, only grabbed it for you "C" model owners out there, but no one seems to want it so I will just flog it off and get my money back.
Fogo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:52 AM   #1580
Myway
Beastly Adventurer
 
Myway's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Knobby country
Oddometer: 2,341
How much is shipment to europe?

In a box it is 4,95 kg. or more
Myway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:20 PM   #1581
aggrohead
Adventurer
 
aggrohead's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Tri-Cities, WA (or the Dry-Sh*tties)
Oddometer: 61
Question recently purchased a KLX650c

Hey everyone! been a while since I have been on here but I just purchased a KLX650c and have been having some issues getting it running right. first of all i got the bike to idle by playing around with the idle adjuster and air/fuel mixture screw which seemed to help a lot, seeing as though it will idle and start a lot easier.

Now to the wierder part (though it may be an easy fix im not sure)

If it helps: The bike is from a mountain town about 3k-4k ft. higher than where I am.

The battery dies after like the fourth time i try to start it if it doesnt start on the first or second try, almost as if the battery isnt holding a charge, I will try a new battery to see if that helps but thats where i am now. Also the bike runs fine, got it up to 70 no problems everything shifts smooth, awesome! but whenever i come to a stop with the clutch pulled in and the bike in first or neutral (with no clutch) the bike dies before i even come to a stop. It will start the first couple of times it happens but wont start and all i get is a buzz from the starter since the batt. is obviously too low to turn the starter/engine.

So im not sure if the carb just needs to be ripped apart and cleaned out, new jets (maybe the prev. owner put in larger jets for the altitude?), or maybe even more playing around with the air/fuel mixture?

Any advice would be awesome on this, I also have a guy locally who wants to take a look at it but that may not be for a while, and I want to ride now!
aggrohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:57 PM   #1582
Petrolburner
Noise Maker
 
Petrolburner's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Redmond, OR
Oddometer: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrohead View Post
Hey everyone! been a while since I have been on here but I just purchased a KLX650c and have been having some issues getting it running right. first of all i got the bike to idle by playing around with the idle adjuster and air/fuel mixture screw which seemed to help a lot, seeing as though it will idle and start a lot easier.

Now to the wierder part (though it may be an easy fix im not sure)

If it helps: The bike is from a mountain town about 3k-4k ft. higher than where I am.

The battery dies after like the fourth time i try to start it if it doesnt start on the first or second try, almost as if the battery isnt holding a charge, I will try a new battery to see if that helps but thats where i am now. Also the bike runs fine, got it up to 70 no problems everything shifts smooth, awesome! but whenever i come to a stop with the clutch pulled in and the bike in first or neutral (with no clutch) the bike dies before i even come to a stop. It will start the first couple of times it happens but wont start and all i get is a buzz from the starter since the batt. is obviously too low to turn the starter/engine.

So im not sure if the carb just needs to be ripped apart and cleaned out, new jets (maybe the prev. owner put in larger jets for the altitude?), or maybe even more playing around with the air/fuel mixture?

Any advice would be awesome on this, I also have a guy locally who wants to take a look at it but that may not be for a while, and I want to ride now!

Your battery is toast. Check the water level and top it off and you might eek out a few more months of use. But since the 650c has no kickstarter I'd just wedge the largest battery in that you can find. That's what I did and have been very glad that I did.

Wouldn't hurt to clean the carb, but up at altitude they would have put a smaller main/pilot in to lean it out. So you'll want to go bigger. I'm running a 142 main and a 40 pilot I think.
__________________
2005 Gas Gas EC 250, 2004 Sherco 2.9, 2002 aprilia ETV 1000 Caponord, 1993 Kawasaki KLX 650
Public land means public access! Get involved or get locked out!
Petrolburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:36 PM   #1583
Petrolburner
Noise Maker
 
Petrolburner's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Redmond, OR
Oddometer: 534
2003 KX 125 front fender fits just right! I think it's the 03-07 125 and 250 that fits, no mods necessary, bolt pattern is the same, super stable up at speed, and no more sail effect like the factory fender. I paid $20 total for a new one off ebay made by polisport. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...T#ht_500wt_956

__________________
2005 Gas Gas EC 250, 2004 Sherco 2.9, 2002 aprilia ETV 1000 Caponord, 1993 Kawasaki KLX 650
Public land means public access! Get involved or get locked out!
Petrolburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:58 PM   #1584
aggrohead
Adventurer
 
aggrohead's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Tri-Cities, WA (or the Dry-Sh*tties)
Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolburner View Post
Your battery is toast. Check the water level and top it off and you might eek out a few more months of use. But since the 650c has no kickstarter I'd just wedge the largest battery in that you can find. That's what I did and have been very glad that I did.

Wouldn't hurt to clean the carb, but up at altitude they would have put a smaller main/pilot in to lean it out. So you'll want to go bigger. I'm running a 142 main and a 40 pilot I think.
Ah ok, still haven't had the chance to rip into the carb but I'm trying to track down a battery for it locally, but what you said just affirms thats the main issue which is awesome! thanks!

@Petrolburner: that fender looks awesome and my buddy has a 03 kx125 I'm gonna see if he has any spares for my klx. (sorry I dont know how to double quote in one post)
aggrohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #1585
richarddacat
helmet full of Blues
 
richarddacat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: land of a new Rising Sun
Oddometer: 3,177
Speaking of fenders, isn't there a KTM fender that's real popular with KLX riders? KLR's too ....most likely.
__________________
* 05FJR/88K75c *
Middle Tennessee Tag Riders
Never run out of traction, real estate, and ideas at the same time.
BONA-WHO ??
richarddacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #1586
aggrohead
Adventurer
 
aggrohead's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Tri-Cities, WA (or the Dry-Sh*tties)
Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by richarddacat View Post
Speaking of fenders, isn't there a KTM fender that's real popular with KLX riders? KLR's too ....most likely.
I think its like the 04 450 front fender, but i might be wrong as im a noob lol.

Bought a new battery for my bike (see my issues above) for like 45 bucks, so we will see if that helps, if not time to have fun with carburetors!
aggrohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:49 PM   #1587
rodsram
Gnarly Adventurer
 
rodsram's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Myrtle Beach SC.
Oddometer: 349
Breather hose 650"R" With Acerbis Tank?

Hi Guys, has any one here done the mod using a smaller / reduced diameter hose, as when you have the Acerbis tank, there is just no room to route the breather hose in order to stop the nasty case of the "drips".
Does any one think this would be a bad idea to try.

My garage floor and my wife would be most gratefull.

Welcome aggrohead - good luck, and I hope it is just the battery, enjoy the KLX.

Thanks Rod
__________________
'07 R 1200 GS.
'96 KLX 650 R.
Keep It Real!
rodsram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:49 PM   #1588
aggrohead
Adventurer
 
aggrohead's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Tri-Cities, WA (or the Dry-Sh*tties)
Oddometer: 61
Thanks Rod! hopefully soon I will be enjoying it!

I had an acerbis on a crf250r and it had the same issue as there was no where to put the breather hose, so i cut a regular sized breather hose then got one of these http://www.azponds.com/New_webpages/...nector_kit.jpg then connected it to a smaller diameter hose and just stretched it over the fitting, or maybe home depot has one of those fittings that goes from big to small?
aggrohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:21 AM   #1589
Myway
Beastly Adventurer
 
Myway's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Knobby country
Oddometer: 2,341
i took a hose and maked a loop clockwise to the radiator more height so oil turnback in the head then back to the fittingplace the normal way. With a acerbis tank.


Dripping is not from the breatherhose to the airbox, underneath the airbox there is stopped reservoir.

Dripping oil on the ground occurs also, when you have filteroiled the airfilter, staying there, hot weather, the oil is leaking down in de open airfilterbox and leaves to the hole leaking on your swingarm ans then on the ground

Myway screwed with this post 06-02-2011 at 03:21 PM
Myway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:45 AM   #1590
Fogo72
I Bleed Green
 
Fogo72's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: NSW
Oddometer: 1,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myway View Post
i took a hose and maked a loop clockwise to the radiator more height so oil turnback in the head then back to the fittingplace the normal way. With a acerbis tank.


Dripping is not from the beratherhose to the airbox, underneath the airbox there is stopped reservoir.

Dripping oil on the ground occurs also, when you have filteroiled the airfilter, staying there, hot weather, the oil is leaking down in de open airfilterbox and leaves to the hole leaking on your swingarm ans then on the ground
Hey MYWAY, new Mod for this, KLX650R. Screw in a fitting into the bottom of the air filter box with a small hose off it that goes down to your chain. New chain oiler,
Fogo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014