Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2007, 09:46 PM   #211
Duck1
Lost

Oddometer: 57
Nice pics! Nice to see another KLX with the same color scheme as mine!
Duck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:21 AM   #212
pgkeating
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Talking KLX is a Tank?

Jerry,

I'll tank the KLX "tank" like size/weight over the KLR "tank" like dimensions any day. I ride my 95C with a KLR friend and have ridden both within minutes of each other. Granted I have my cockpit right where I want it ergonomically, so it feels right to me. The KLR's personality seems beige (relatively speaking) compared to the KLX Tazmanian Devil like personality. The KLR even feels heavier due to the sag and dampening.

He passed me on a ride the other day and sounded like I was being passed by a lawn mower.

Pete
pgkeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:42 AM   #213
endurotour
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
playing in the snow

The last three days have been swell, Sunday I was in the bush with about 45 others, then monday and tuesday camping and riding in the High Country... loving the klx... even if it is the heavy'st on the hill!!!!
Attached Images

endurotour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:43 AM   #214
endurotour
Gnarly Adventurer

did you spot the klx above ?
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2007, 05:44 AM   #215
endurotour
Gnarly Adventurer

it was only -3 so i guess warm by EU / US winters...
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2007, 11:03 AM   #216
pyro_
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
Need to pick up a rack for a 650R. Happy trails says that it will be 6-8 weeks to get one. Anyone know of any other racks that might work?

Thanks

Pyro_
pyro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:56 PM   #217
HighwayChile
greetings from Wa state

Oddometer: 4,312
i got some finger tingling from my xr650, found some Alum renthals on ebay, jammed some lead fishing wire, pumped silicone in, it worked, 300 mi on forest service roads no tingle.
bar snakes are an option but cost more

Quote:
Originally Posted by benp1981
Now that Ive got the big tank, Time to throw some more money at her.

New triple clamp and mounts for the R version. They had the vibration isolated bars.

Will take a little bit of doing to mount the gages and ignition switch to it, But I think it'll be worth it to get bars that don't make my hands go numb.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:35 AM   #218
BENRON
I'm Mr. Crabtree

Oddometer: 3,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayChile
i got some finger tingling from my xr650, found some Alum renthals on ebay, jammed some lead fishing wire, pumped silicone in, it worked, 300 mi on forest service roads no tingle.
bar snakes are an option but cost more
I can't make myself spend that much cash on bars... They're pretty much disposable on my bike since it goes down more than a $2.00 whore.

I'm pretty happy with the new set-up, but I may try the lead & silcone idea. Ive already tried lead shot, But it really makes a mess when you forget its in there
BENRON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:50 AM   #219
HighwayChile
greetings from Wa state

Oddometer: 4,312
they were $15, ebay specials, they hold up better then cheap steel. at least go to cro-moly, those dont bend, the wire was a lot cheaper then the shot at the local sport goods store, though a pain to jam in
Old 06-10-2007, 03:26 AM   #220
endurotour
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Chilie..
Have you looked at getting a rear rack from the Kawasaki Dealers and or the wreckers, The rack from the 250 and the 300cc bikes work from what I understand..
I just picked up one from ebay (aus).. so all good..
Old 06-11-2007, 11:42 AM   #221
jakewojo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by endurotour
did you spot the klx above ?
Where did you get that wind screen?

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat. -HST
jakewojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:47 AM   #222
endurotour
Gnarly Adventurer

Jakewojo,
Hiya, the screen was a custom made job from 'Screens-for-bikes', (Resivour, Melbourne, Australia) using the DR650 template he has, its the second or third one he has made up for different bikes for me. Any bike, brand etc he will have made on for, road bikes with double screens etc, vesper etc.. He is happy to go as stock or custom, laterial etc as you require, colours, tints etc, He also made the light protector, and the Acerbis tank inserts (the origianals did not cem with the bike)...
PM if you need contact details.. It works a treat, is well clear for the times when your up on the pegs and over the bars.. Screen, light and inserts cost $130 AUS, so bloody good value...
cheers Al
Old 06-13-2007, 11:15 AM   #223
jakewojo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Thumb

endurotour,

thanks for the info I'll check them out!

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat. -HST
jakewojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 03:41 AM   #224
endurotour
Gnarly Adventurer

tomorrow mornign I get to play in the shed...

Woo Hoo, although at work now when i knock off I get to go home and play in the shed.. Work shoudl commence at 2am, (local Time)...
So far today I have had a new fornt and rear sprocket, chain and rear tyre fitted up, 14 front, 43 rear, with a Metz - Tourance 17x150 rear (motard), resting on the back of the bike is a wrecker sourced water over flow tank, as well as a complete front brake line with the funky metal thing o from the bottom.
When I got the bike it had a 'non-oem' cable runnign from the top to the bottom, around the front and into the calliper, so did not take long to be violated.. curently using a DR600 Dakar front brake, works well as it passes from cable into a pipe, under the cluster then back into a cable to join a pie into the caliper... still following, well it does work well, as there is no cable bouncing up and down in front of the dash.. but it's leaking and from an 1988 model, so time to get modern..
Any hoo I am looking forward to getting a few more parts on the biek dialed in, as for the rest of the ADV project.. well everythign is on back order...
ohh another photo. well why not!!!
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2007, 09:12 AM   #225
endurotour
Gnarly Adventurer

another photo... sunday play time
Attached Images