User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2007, 09:06 PM   #226
BENRON
I'm Mr. Crabtree

Oddometer: 3,554
Acerbis tank

Has anyone that was in on the 5 gallon tank buy have any luck setting it up to get the fifth gallon out?

I'm thinking about removing the petcock and bending a siphon line to stick down into the front wing of the tank... Would have to tip the bike over to transfer the fuel over once it gets really empty, But its better than carrying around an extra gallon you can't get to.
BENRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:02 PM   #227
tankcj
n00b

Oddometer: 5
here's mine...

It mostly sees neighborhood duty these days.
Attached Images

tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #228
Royal Tiger
Pz VI B, Sd Kfz 182

Oddometer: 1,381
Very clean. What's wrong with you? No really, we all wish ours looked new still. I can't wait to get some new photos of mine up. I finished most of my changes, but of course, I have more in mind. Thank God I have another bike to ride while I rebuild and replace.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:09 PM   #229
BENRON
I'm Mr. Crabtree

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankcj
here's mine...

It mostly sees neighborhood duty these days.
Hey TankC- whats that white thing below the engine? Some sort of catch can/skidplate??
Old 07-19-2007, 10:40 AM   #230
tankcj
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by benp1981
Hey TankC- whats that white thing below the engine? Some sort of catch can/skidplate??
CA smog stuff. A vapor recovery canister I think.
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:51 AM   #231
HighwayChile
greetings from Wa state

Oddometer: 4,282
great idea but would it be too low for the carb? not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benp1981
Has anyone that was in on the 5 gallon tank buy have any luck setting it up to get the fifth gallon out?

I'm thinking about removing the petcock and bending a siphon line to stick down into the front wing of the tank... Would have to tip the bike over to transfer the fuel over once it gets really empty, But its better than carrying around an extra gallon you can't get to.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:30 AM   #232
COBAUM OP
How Did I Get Here?

Oddometer: 136
Great Thread

Wow. I am surprised this thread is still getting so much action. I finally found a petcock and tank (eBay) for my bike and got it started. There is a vacuum (?) inlet at the intake between the carb and engine that I cannot figure out what is supposed to hook up to it. Service manual is no help. Can someone check their bike and let me know what to do with it? I put a vacuum plug on it and the bike will run, but as soon as I give it gas, it stalls. Acts like a vacuum issue. Also, after letting it idle for a few minutes, it starts getting hot (200F at engine). Gotta check the cooling system next. I am getting excited - looks like it may make it on the road after all.

Any more 5 gallon tanks available?

Don't be Hatin' - Kyle W
COBAUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:07 PM   #233
MasterMarine
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBAUM
I finally found a petcock and tank (eBay) for my bike and got it started. There is a vacuum (?) inlet at the intake between the carb and engine that I cannot figure out what is supposed to hook up to it.
Do you have a CA petcock? The vacuum inlet you speak of is supposed to connect to the similar connection on the CA petcock. Otherwise no fuel will flow thru the valve unless it is on the Prime position.

later,
MasterMarine
MasterMarine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:27 PM   #234
COBAUM OP
How Did I Get Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMarine
Do you have a CA petcock? The vacuum inlet you speak of is supposed to connect to the similar connection on the CA petcock. Otherwise no fuel will flow thru the valve unless it is on the Prime position.
No, it is a 49 state version (says ON-OFF-RES). I'm pretty sure the petcock is connected correctly - that is in the manual. After it leaves the petcock, the manual let's you decide for yourself. I have the output line from the petcock going to the left side of the carb just at the seam where the fuel bowl connects. It's the vacuum inlet on the top of the intake between the carb and the engine that I cannot figure out. If it is for the CA version, then I assume it should just have a vaccum plug on it. Sound right?

Don't be Hatin' - Kyle W
Old 07-27-2007, 03:47 PM   #235
R-dubb
Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBAUM
No, it is a 49 state version (says ON-OFF-RES). I'm pretty sure the petcock is connected correctly - that is in the manual. After it leaves the petcock, the manual let's you decide for yourself. I have the output line from the petcock going to the left side of the carb just at the seam where the fuel bowl connects. It's the vacuum inlet on the top of the intake between the carb and the engine that I cannot figure out. If it is for the CA version, then I assume it should just have a vaccum plug on it. Sound right?
Clogged vent hose or gas cap? No second hose tap on the petcock, correct? You could also just have a clogged filter screen in the petcock. I'd pull the fuel line off the petcock and try running gas into a jar. Try it on ON, Reserve, with and without the gas cap. If it won't run, you need to tip the tank and remove the petcock to see if the screen is clogged. If you have an air conpressor, try blowing air up into the tank through the petcock. Short burst only! This may open the line.
R-dubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:00 AM   #236
COBAUM OP
How Did I Get Here?

I'ts Running!!!

I got the bike back on the road. My first impression is that this bike is much faster than the KLR I recently sold. Taking off in first gear it is about the same, but after shifting into 2nd it bolts. Pretty impressive. Now I have some electrical issues to work out (lights, fan, etc.) and I'll be able to take it on a real ride. Can't wait.

Don't be Hatin' - Kyle W
Old 07-31-2007, 05:11 PM   #237
Myway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,408
We discused it also.

Here in this treat:

Were we talking about after reserve 2,35 liter.

You can suck the last out so there is still 0,85 left

Then we talking about 1,5 liter to set a pump for it.

To much.

http://www.planetklx.de/wbboard/thre...1267096f23776a

use alta vista to translate the whole webpage from german to english.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/
Myway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:30 PM   #238
BENRON
I'm Mr. Crabtree

I like the pump idea... I wonder if one could use something like this-

Just enough to pump that last gallon into a mini-tank stashed under the seat... Paris-dakar style
Old 08-02-2007, 03:32 PM   #239
gerrye
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
That bulb in my boat would take foreeever to push a gallon! It'll start a siphon but would it would be quicker if the receptacle was on the ground.
Keep lookin'
Gerry
gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:24 PM   #240
Motogeek
Magically Delicious

Oddometer: 7
Rear wave rotor

I have been speaking with Industrias Galfer about making a rear wave rotor for my '93 KLX650c and am wondering if there is anyone else who is interested.

They have all the specifications (they make a round rotor) but I would like to find out if there is enough interest to make it worth their while.

Please note: This is not a group buy nor am I associated with any dealers. I am a Galfer USA employee who owns a 650c and has been offered a one-off. I would rather share than be the only guy on the planet with one of these on my bike. My small part to make the aftermarket for us a little bit better...

Please let me know.

Motogeek screwed with this post 08-13-2007 at 04:08 PM
Motogeek is offline   Reply With Quote