User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #2731
Knobster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/my...X650%20Project

My 94' C. Project. Just a few more things left. KACR removel SOON!.

Cheer's,
Tom.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #2732
Knobster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jura View Post
Finally end of the modifications from dual sport to supermoto

We still need to replace the headlight, decals, and few things.
VERY well done!.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #2733
Bishke
n00b

Oddometer: 7
People,we need help.

My friend drive KLX 650 C1 model,but he can't find camshaft and KACR.
He wonts new or just some driven!

Does anybody know were in Europe he can find this ?

He found in America,but all process of ordering,shiping and delivery to the Serbia is complicated.

Bishke screwed with this post 06-08-2013 at 12:20 PM
Bishke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #2734
marine_mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by marine_mike View Post
Hey guys, I just had a friend work on my fiance's 94 klx 650c and he pointed out a few things to me. First, her battery wont hold a charge after riding. It's brand new. He tested it and it's reading kind of low. I'm thinking the stator is on it's way out. Can some one post up a link to changing out the stator, and where can I get one...aside from a flea-bay used one. Second, there seems to be a clank on the right side of the engine every once in a while. Any idea what that could be? It has the manual cam chain tensioner.
Ok..two pages and not an answer. I'll try a bump. I'm trying to find a solution.
marine_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #2735
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,733
Some time even a new battery has issues. Put it on a charger to ensure it has full charge. It should be over 12.6V and be able to hold it.
If it can't hold 12V overnight it is not a good battery.

With it running, check the charging voltage. It should be between 14-15v depending on rpm. If not, it could be the RR but more likely the stator.

Check the Stator with the engine running. Disconnect the plug to the RR and use a multi meter set at 250V AC. The voltage between the yellow leads should be more than 34V

For shorts, turn the engine off. Set the meter at 1 ohm. Between yellow leads it should register .3-1 ohm. More or none indicates a short.

You can always have the stock stator rewound. There are still people that do it. Even some via the Internet. http://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/aftermarket-stators

Can't help with the clank either, except the auto compression release is on that side and if the spring breaks/unhooks it can beat around on the head or valve cover.

I have not pulled a stator, so I will let others tell you how.

itsatdm screwed with this post 06-08-2013 at 11:30 PM
itsatdm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #2736
Myway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishke View Post
People,we need help.

My friend drive KLX 650 C1 model,but he can't find camshaft and KACR.
He wonts new or just some driven!

Does anybody know were in Europe he can find this ?

He found in America,but all process of ordering,shiping and delivery to the Serbia is complicated.
New:
Local Kawasaki shop, price........................
Than cmsl, located in The Netherlands, http://www.cmsnl.com/kawasaki-1993-c...aus_120441347/

Second hand:
Ebay in different countries, Germany, UK, France, etc..... but you need to use the country language to search for the cam. http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_odkw=...welle&_sacat=0

Local selling martket sites,
also the language, every country has there own sites.
http://www.leboncoin.fr/

or parts collector sites

http://www.bike-teile.de/index.php?seite=suchen&sz=0

But what is wrong with the exhaustcam?
Myway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #2737
arcangel
Adventure Poser

Oddometer: 69
float needle spring???

I live up at 8500', and am often riding down hiway 285 to Denver (5600'ish), so I'm doing lots of up & down riding. My friggin bike keeps flooding out. I'm 99% sure my float height needs attention, and I've bought a new float valve needle & petcock rebuild kit that are fer sure going to be installed after tonight's stranding.

My question: is there supposed to be a spring on the float valve to encourage the float to seat?

thx
arcangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #2738
HanShotFirst
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcangel View Post
I live up at 8500', and am often riding down hiway 285 to Denver (5600'ish), so I'm doing lots of up & down riding. My friggin bike keeps flooding out. I'm 99% sure my float height needs attention, and I've bought a new float valve needle & petcock rebuild kit that are fer sure going to be installed after tonight's stranding.

My question: is there supposed to be a spring on the float valve to encourage the float to seat?

thx
The float valve has a center section with a stem that should be under light spring pressure. When you press the little stem, the tip should rise on the float valve. Does that answer your question?

Here’s a good resource on the Keihin CVK40 carb.
http://www.gadgetjq.com/keihin_carb.htm
HanShotFirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #2739
bbekemeier
n00b

Oddometer: 6
This is my first time posting on this forum. I bought a KLX650R back in February and with much help from this thread, got it in great working order...or so I thought.

I rode it for the first time yesterday for about athree hours on the two tracks and trails without any issue. The bike burns a little oil, so I checked my level often. It never seemed to use a drop the entire trip. Checked it when I got home from the ride and everything looked great. Decided to take it to work today which is a lazy 3 mile ride. Went home for lunch and it quit a quarter mile away from my house, which I thought was unusual. The first thing I did was check the oil and there was none to be found. Where did it go!?! None on the floor in the garage, none in my parking spot at work. There is no way it could have burned 1.5 qts in 6 miles, is there?

First, can it be fixed and second, where did my oil go?
bbekemeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #2740
HanShotFirst
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbekemeier View Post
This is my first time posting on this forum. I bought a KLX650R back in February and with much help from this thread, got it in great working order...or so I thought.

I rode it for the first time yesterday for about athree hours on the two tracks and trails without any issue. The bike burns a little oil, so I checked my level often. It never seemed to use a drop the entire trip. Checked it when I got home from the ride and everything looked great. Decided to take it to work today which is a lazy 3 mile ride. Went home for lunch and it quit a quarter mile away from my house, which I thought was unusual. The first thing I did was check the oil and there was none to be found. Where did it go!?! None on the floor in the garage, none in my parking spot at work. There is no way it could have burned 1.5 qts in 6 miles, is there?

First, can it be fixed and second, where did my oil go?
How did you check the oil, view window? Those are really nice, but they do have their drawbacks. If the oil is so low that it can’t be seen, you really have nothing. Or if something really bad happens, like a blown head gasket and your crank case is filling up with coolant, then it will look like it’s empty. At this point I’d say the best thing would be to drain the crank case and see what’s up. Remember, there’s two drain plugs, gotta pull both. One is a bolt and the other requires a hex key. No oil, or coolant in the oil with a bike that quit; that’s not a real good sign. I sure hope someone pops up with some good ideas for you…I’m FAR from an expert.
HanShotFirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #2741
nejauks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
For KLX650R need 1.7-1.9 liters oil (2 qts). Verification - motorcycle when vertical position after 5 minutes of parking.
nejauks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #2742
bbekemeier
n00b

I always set the bike vertical when checking oil. After pushing the bike home, I parked it for a few minutes while I ate my lunch before checking the oil again. There is a little oil at the very bottom of the sight glass. I usually keep it to the top line next to the sight glass. The coolant overflow tank is at the same level it was yesterday, so I don't think it is a head gasket.

I had to hurry up and get back to work, so I'll look at it more closely when I get home.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:55 AM   #2743
Fogo72
I Bleed Green

Oddometer: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by marine_mike View Post
Ok..two pages and not an answer. I'll try a bump. I'm trying to find a solution.
If you undo the bolts holding the stator cover on, it all comes out with the stator cover, simple.
Fogo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:03 AM   #2744
Fogo72
I Bleed Green

Oddometer: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbekemeier View Post
I always set the bike vertical when checking oil. After pushing the bike home, I parked it for a few minutes while I ate my lunch before checking the oil again. There is a little oil at the very bottom of the sight glass. I usually keep it to the top line next to the sight glass. The coolant overflow tank is at the same level it was yesterday, so I don't think it is a head gasket.

I had to hurry up and get back to work, so I'll look at it more closely when I get home.
The KLX can play tricks sometimes with the oil level. Most of the oil will drain into the LHS crank case. Sometimes you can top it up to the correct level, which is in the MIDDLE of the sight glass, NOT a drop more. After a short ride it will be way over full. Like other have said, start the bike for a few minutes and stop in the straight up position and hold for a few minutes. Yes a pain.
Fogo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:01 AM   #2745
bbekemeier
n00b

I looked at the bike last night and there appeared to have been oil dripping from my airbox. It must only do it while the bike is running, because there is none on the ground, but a substantial amount on the little mud flap and swing arm.