Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #61
WIsixfitty
ceiling unlimited

Oddometer: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Don't know how loose exhaust valves would require new pistons and heads.

Think maybe he means the exhaust valve stem is loose in its guide. That would make more sense as far as the oil consumption goes. But still not for the head and piston replacement.
Kinda what I was thinking. Maybe on top of that loose condition they became even looser and hit the piston and head too.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:59 AM   #62
freeflow OP
get in or go in

Oddometer: 15,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Don't know how loose exhaust valves would require new pistons and heads.

Think maybe he means the exhaust valve stem is loose in its guide. That would make more sense as far as the oil consumption goes. But still not for the head and piston replacement.
update for those who care...Suzuki warranty approved the parts...

new pistons and head etc....it was valve guide issue...I got some clarification....the svc mgr knows little, the techs are the reasonable answer guys
freeflow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:00 PM   #63
westnash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,246
good, so it all worked out and Suzuli will pay for it.
westnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:50 PM   #64
Metal Doc
Duc addicted

Oddometer: 1,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by FREEFLOW

new pistons and head etc....it was valve guide issue...I got some clarification....the svc mgr knows little, the techs are the reasonable answer guys
They need to hirer Bueller
Old 09-07-2006, 05:52 PM   #65
Fat Toney
Up Yours PoopSicle

Oddometer: 7,456
Quote:

Hell, I care...about getting hosed if I buy a Strom...and it sucks your bike broke...
Old 09-07-2006, 09:02 PM   #66
okieinu
Brains Oozing Out My Ears

Oddometer: 430
Quote:

hmmm...that gives me an idea for the future should my wife EVER decide to take issue with me and my ride.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:42 AM   #67
freeflow OP
get in or go in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Toney
Hell, I care...about getting hosed if I buy a Strom...and it sucks your bike broke...
no doubt...very odd for Vstroms from our research...this is a reason to have multiple bikes....can you hear me now ?
Old 09-09-2006, 07:40 PM   #68
Fat Toney
Up Yours PoopSicle

Quote:
no doubt...very odd for Vstroms from our research...this is a reason to have multiple bikes....can you hear me now ?
I am all for more bikes, but I work in Social Services (which pays shit, yet fulfilling) I'm working on getting a second bike all the same...strange, I used to work in Software sales/marketing before I went back to school to 'save the world'...after a Master's and a few years of work experience I am still not making what I used to...but I wouldn't change it for the world...anyway back to bikes...do you have any idea when you'll get the bike back?
Old 09-09-2006, 10:06 PM   #69
Stromdog
Howl at the Moon

Oddometer: 2,703
Quote:
I am all for more bikes, but I work in Social Services (which pays shit, yet fulfilling) I'm working on getting a second bike all the same...strange, I used to work in Software sales/marketing before I went back to school to 'save the world'...after a Master's and a few years of work experience I am still not making what I used to...but I wouldn't change it for the world...anyway back to bikes...do you have any idea when you'll get the bike back?
Yes!! My wife has a Masters degree in Educational Psychology. I have her baffled!!

Luckily, we are well off, dollar-wise! Enjoy the ride, Bro!!!
Stromdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:43 PM   #70
freeflow OP
get in or go in

Quote:
good man you are...BTW...how about a weestrom decked out with 10K miles..near here...for 4800$...fly here and ride it home....it is a deal and I may just pick it up cuz I cannot resist a deal like that

ANYWAY...UPDATE!!!......well I picked up the vstrom last friday....they replaced the entire rear clyinder head, valves etc...all of it...but there was a coolant leak...they figured they got it by tightening a hose clamp...so I shoved it in the trailer..I was running late...I get home and offload it....bullshit...not right...it is spitting coolant out the left side...near the head...back it goes....yup...brand new head gasket was not seated right...so they are at it again to replace the gasket...

not bad for a month hey?....best thing is...all covered under the extended warranty that transferred with the bike from previous owner....not a penny out of pocket yet...excpet for time and gas...

nice to see them stand behind this Suzuki...BTW a Suzuki rep visited their place the day I dropped it off and they were stunned that this has problems that they could not see...and were tearing it down based on my insistence something was wrong

the end story is the exhaust valve guide seemed to have been installed improperly at factory...a very very very rare strange event for this motor....

I am looking to buy another Weestrom to add to this one...I do love them so...

freeflow screwed with this post 04-16-2007 at 08:29 AM
Old 10-03-2006, 09:08 AM   #71
Fat Toney
Up Yours PoopSicle

Quote:
good man you are...BTW...how about a weestrom decked out with 10K miles..near here...for 4800$...fly here and ride it home....it is a deal and I may just pick it up cuz I cannot resist a deal like that

ANYWAY...UPDATE!!!......well I picked up the vstrom last friday....they replaced the entire rear clyinder head, valves etc...all of it...but there was a coolant leak...they figured they got it by tightening a hose clamp...so I shoved it in the trailer..I was runnign alte...I get home and offload it....bullshit...not right...it is spitting coolant out the left side...near the head...back it goes....yup...brand new head gasket was not seated right...so they are at it again to replace the gasket...

not bad for a month hey?....best thing is...all covered under the extended warranty that transferred with the bike from previous owner....not a penny out of pocket yet...excpet for time and gas...

nice to see them stand behind this Suzuki...BTW a Suzuki repa visited their place the day I dropped it off and thye were stunned that this has problems that they could not see...and were tearing it down based on my insistence something was wrong

the end story is the exhaust valve guide seemd to have been installed improperly at factory...a very very very rare strange event for this motor....

I am lookign to buy another Weestrom to add to this one...I do love them so...
bummer it wasn't done right the second time...glad you haven't had to pay for it...another Wee? My,My...
Old 10-03-2006, 10:27 AM   #72
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra

Oddometer: 47,473
Quote:

I care
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:38 AM   #73
freeflow OP
get in or go in

yeah it is all fixed up...and only ONE month +...

but not a dime out of pocket ...they were good about it and were a bit surprised I noticed the problem and brought it in...

it was a 20% leak down something something...valve guide....

they did manage to eff up the head gasket when they put it back together...but that was replaced...and they were very apologetic..

the reason there isn;t many good mechanics on this engine is...they usually do NOT require any work !!

shelly is happy to have her wee back

the end
Old 10-03-2006, 02:11 PM   #74
helikron
The Fixer

Oddometer: 3,803
Glad it's all better now, FF! Nice pirep, too.

It's a good thing to see Suzuki playing well with the issues; we can assume that this incident will go into their database as a highly-unlikely, yet possible malady.

Extra cool that your warranty didn't leave them any "gaps of logic" and that your expen$es have been incidental. Sounds like a decent dealership, too!

How soon Mexico w/ the matched set of Wee's? ??
Old 10-03-2006, 04:59 PM   #75
freeflow OP
get in or go in

Quote:
Originally Posted by helikron
How soon Mexico w/ the matched set of Wee's? ??

au contraire mon frer....wees go nort...KLRs go south
no dates set...clearing some time

BTW yes kudos to Suzuki.,,,this was an extended warranty (that the previous owner bought and I worked to get transferred..a real PITA....but I jumped thru their hoops cuz I felt they were jerking it around a year ago....I;d never buy an extended warranty)...factory warranty went out a month before this or so