Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #4756
SkiBumBrian
DualSport Crazy !!

Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrolump View Post
all i have to say about footpegs and shifters is.....
PIVOT PEGS
i love these things...
I ordered a pair once, after 6 weeks of waiting on back order and no info on when they were planning on shipping them I told them to suck an egg and went with SW-motech convertibles.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #4757
astrolump
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiBumBrian View Post
I ordered a pair once, after 6 weeks of waiting on back order and no info on when they were planning on shipping them I told them to suck an egg and went with SW-motech convertibles.
odd...i have ordered 3 pair..all from different retailers..and always received then quick. just orderded another pair today actually, from amazon...hopefully my luck will hold out.
they really are great when riding while standing...especially when climbing hills...and my ankles get stiff when riding with regular pegs..the pivots let me move them about...

"They see me coming on my KLR......They hide their daughters and their PBR......
I'll take the beer,no time for girls......Got a date in the Forest, chasing squirrels. "
astrolump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #4758
SkiBumBrian
DualSport Crazy !!

Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrolump View Post
odd...i have ordered 3 pair..all from different retailers..and always received then quick. just orderded another pair today actually, from amazon...hopefully my luck will hold out.
they really are great when riding while standing...especially when climbing hills...and my ankles get stiff when riding with regular pegs..the pivots let me move them about...
Who knows? Maybe I will try again, they do look intriguing...
Old 06-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #4759
Woodenveins
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggerled View Post
I cut about 5" off the top of this Zero Gravity windscreen. Huge improvement. Before it was like a funnel channeling all the wind and bugs right into my face. I can now open my visor and enjoy clean air.

As delivered they're junk to a 6'-3" rider.

Thanks for the info, I'm 6'2" and I was thinking about ordering the one called a double bubble but I really want to find out more about them before ordering.
Woodenveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #4760
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,642
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfiebullet View Post
I see a lot of people extending the shift lever, but what I really want to do is move the pegs rearwards by about 2".

I have some ideas on how to do that myself, but I'm curious if there's a bolt on kit available out there already.
Just did that EXACT thing Thurs. night..... then took a quick 1,100mi ride into W.Virginia, just walked back in the door. 1-1/4" lower and 2" back, in combination with a set of pivot pegs I've beem running for a year now. HUGE difference standing up!!!
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:50 AM   #4761
wparkinson
Gear Whore

Oddometer: 2,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettn Jim View Post
Just did that EXACT thing Thurs. night..... then took a quick 1,100mi ride into W.Virginia, just walked back in the door. 1-1/4" lower and 2" back, in combination with a set of pivot pegs I've beem running for a year now. HUGE difference standing up!!!
Can you get sime pics of your lowered pegs?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
wparkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #4762
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

I'll get some uploaded.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:36 AM   #4763
wparkinson
Gear Whore

Quote:
I'll get some uploaded.
:

Old 06-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #4764
Newfiebullet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
I see a lot of people extending the shift lever, but what I really want to do is move the pegs rearwards by about 2".

I have some ideas on how to do that myself, but I'm curious if there's a bolt on kit available out there already.
I'm guessing the lack of responses means no one knows of a supplier who makes rear sets for the KLR?
Newfiebullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #4765
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Thumb

I'll take some more pics 2mro.... these are just quickies the night I welded them up (not complete and rushed, I was thrashing for the next days ride). The ride>>> a 1,100mi quick rip this past weekend down into and through out a nice bit of West Virginia, so I have my thoughts pretty well formed on this mod now.

I'll be doing a full write up and review over on KLRWorld and then copying it over here. As this IS the JV Footpeg Mod as originally done by him on that site . I just changed it up a bit to suit my style.

I started to grind the welds for a cleaner look, then said to myself... nope leave it for strength. I did clean up the spatter later tho.

A mock up before welding the boxes...

Right side modded left stock.

More pics when I take 'em with on bike and side by side to stock views.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #4766
just jeff
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 521
Guy by the name of CraigES on KLR650Forum.com was making and selling some with 1" drop and 1" rearset for $35. Nice looking work. I believe he was building them on a CNC mill. Search for "Lowering the pegs" last post Dec 2012'
Regards....justjeff
just jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:07 AM   #4767
Newfiebullet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
I'll take some more pics 2mro.... these are just quickies the night I welded them up (not complete and rushed, I was thrashing for the next days ride). The ride>>> a 1,100mi quick rip this past weekend down into and through out a nice bit of West Virginia, so I have my thoughts pretty well formed on this mod now.

I'll be doing a full write up and review over on KLRWorld and then copying it over here. As this IS the JV Footpeg Mod as originally done by him on that site . I just changed it up a bit to suit my style.

I started to grind the welds for a cleaner look, then said to myself... nope leave it for strength. I did clean up the spatter later tho.

Right side modded left stock.
[URL="http://jettnjims.smugmug.com/Other/Bike-stuff/18551935_N9j2nD#!i=2581757347&k=wP7pP2x"]

More pics when I take 'em with on bike and side by side to stock views.
That's perfect, and that's what I'm going to have to do. Thanks for the pics, if you can post some more that would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just jeff View Post
Guy by the name of CraigES on KLR650Forum.com was making and selling some with 1" drop and 1" rearset for $35. Nice looking work. I believe he was building them on a CNC mill. Search for "Lowering the pegs" last post Dec 2012'
Regards....justjeff
Yes, I've seen them, and others like them. I think guys like that do the drop because it allows them to use a flat plate and still avoid the swingarm pivot.

I don't want a drop though, I wouldn't want the peg mounts below the frame.
Newfiebullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:14 AM   #4768
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Quote:
Yes, I've seen them, and others like them. I think guys like that do the drop because it allows them to use a flat plate and still avoid the swingarm pivot.

I don't want a drop though, I wouldn't want the peg mounts below the frame.
Exactly... JV's mod keeps them up outta the rocks and off the hwy when your railing!
I am going to build another with another 1/2" of rearset, but the 1-1/4" drop is enough. Actually I could go with less drop (reason explained when I do the full review), it's the rearset that I'm after.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:08 AM   #4769
wparkinson
Gear Whore

Been working on my bike while waiting on parts and machine shop......

A while ago I went into the wiring harness to eliminate all the wires that weren't necessary. ... I wanted to change the location voltage regulator so I opened up the harness again... I added in a fuse panel from eastern beaver. The panel has 6 switched and 2 hot...

I added in a relay for my switched circuit. ..

Now if I can just get my motor done...

Old 06-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #4770
8lives
Runnin on wonder

Oddometer: 1,705
Nice work wparkinson,Ive follow your KLR on the other sites and you do some good stuff,and ride it hard!
1986 XT350 For going places the Wee shouldn't be!
I still see the world through KLR eyes
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote