Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
Jontacular OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
A quick blast through France

Hi all,

I've lurked intermittently on ADVrider for about 8 months now, and really enjoyed some of the reports… so now I'm recently back from my first ride abroad, I thought it was about time I contributed something myself.

This isn't the longest of trips, nor the most exciting in the annals of this site, but I seriously doubt it would have happened at all without all the inspiring shots and reports here. The urge to get on the road and start exploring just kept growing - so consider this a short thank you to all of you!

Perhaps there's room for a little background first. Motorcycles have crept up on me as an interest really - I've been on two wheels for nearly a decade now, but the majority of that was spent on a 250cc Vespa. That was fine in London, but after taking it on a shorter road trip around Dorset (in the south of England), I realised I needed something more suited to the job.

So, I picked up a BMW F650 GS last August. Of course, I now wonder why the hell it took me so long...

Fast forward to this summer, and it was finally time to take it somewhere a bit more adventurous. I settled on France - a ride down the middle, towards Perpignan in the south. Off we go!

Jontacular screwed with this post 07-11-2010 at 01:11 PM
Jontacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
Jontacular OP
Adventurer

As I only had two weeks off work, I didn’t want to be riding every single day; got to get some chilling time in too, right? So, I decided to get down to my destination as quickly as possible and took the motorway from Calais, ending up just east of Limoges at the end of a long day’s riding.

The next day, I was up early to see what was around in the Limousin region.

It’s a beautiful area. Great roads with little traffic make for fun riding, hugging the side of peaceful lakes and forests.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:11 PM   #3
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,417
Like wine, the beauty of France needs to be savored!

Old 07-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
Jontacular OP
Adventurer

You're so right. I'd love to go back with longer to spare!