Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2006, 12:46 PM   #31
Hoder
Card carrying greeny

Oddometer: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggeo
it taps on the keyboard and gives us more....or it gets the hose....

Dave:
The 610 really makes me want to ride like a punk everywhere I go.
bikefrk:
You now understand supermoto.
Your training is complete.
Hoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 12:52 PM   #32
Hoder
Card carrying greeny

Oddometer: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadleys1
Glad to see I'm not the only one who's "tested" his probends. Thanks for the report! Rain, dark, lost, flood, now that's what puts the adventure in adventure riding!

Dave:
The 610 really makes me want to ride like a punk everywhere I go.
bikefrk:
You now understand supermoto.
Your training is complete.

Hoder screwed with this post 09-11-2006 at 01:01 PM
Hoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:02 PM   #33
Chadleys1 OP
working on it

Oddometer: 564
good dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264
Beautiful dogs - we have a boxer..great dogs.

What type of dog is your avatar ?
My dog is a 50/50 cross between a beautiful silver Cane Corso female and a stocky looking German blood Boxer. I was looking for a pure Corso, but sort of fell in love with the parents, so I took him and saved some money. It was an accidental breeding that resulted in 12 or 13 puppies... wow.
Here is a pre trip photo of him and my bike.

I believe the two dogs on the left of the photo I posted are boxers, but do you think the one on the right looks to be an American Bulldog? They were good dogs, keeping a close eye on me, especially after I stopped, but they never got up. I was using a 12X zoom, so I was at a distance. I got the feeling that if I were to step off the road onto their property, they would have come to investigate.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:01 PM   #34
Questor
More Undestructable

Oddometer: 4,044
Talking An army of one

He who often travels alone, travels best.
Epic journney - don't forget it.

Q~
Questor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #35
Tennktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 385
Sounds like a crazy trip that you made the most of in a tight spot.....guess everyone should have started out together on that one.....glad you did not get swept away by the Tennessee floods....
Tennktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 12:15 AM   #36
S Won
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 746
Great ride report Chadley! It sounds like what usually happens to me! When I get my new bike I'd love to do the Trans-America Trail. Maybe we can get together and ride sometime. The TAT is the new criteria that I will use to decide my next bike will be. I'm still looking at the 525 EXC but the TE510 is looking very good to me!

The Husky looks good. Why did you decide to go with the ATs?

S Won
S Won is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:21 AM   #37
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadleys1
My dog is a 50/50 cross between a beautiful silver Cane Corso female and a stocky looking German blood Boxer. I was looking for a pure Corso, but sort of fell in love with the parents, so I took him and saved some money. It was an accidental breeding that resulted in 12 or 13 puppies... wow.
Here is a pre trip photo of him and my bike.

I believe the two dogs on the left of the photo I posted are boxers, but do you think the one on the right looks to be an American Bulldog? They were good dogs, keeping a close eye on me, especially after I stopped, but they never got up. I was using a 12X zoom, so I was at a distance. I got the feeling that if I were to step off the road onto their property, they would have come to investigate.
That is a beautiful dog

I thought they were all boxers in the photo but you could be right about the one on the right. They are beautiful dogs also.

Nice ride report.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:39 PM   #38
Chadleys1 OP
working on it

Oddometer: 564
learning process

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Won
Great ride report Chadley!
The Husky looks good. Why did you decide to go with the ATs?

S Won
How's it going, my old internet buddy from the Buell days? Hope you are doing well.

I love the Husky, everyone would.

I went with the AT's just so I would know what they were like, and the original Metzler Karoo II's were wearing out so fast, I thought it would be a good idea to switch to a more streetable tire and save the Karoo's for an occasion. I ride the Husky to work once in a while, and ride blacktop on the way to and from trails(more rocky than muddy.) The Pirelli's were slightly less aggressive looking than I was expecting, but they have proven to be OK for trail use. I now have a new set of TKC 80's that I will mount up as soon as somebody tells me it is safe to mount the front tire that says "tubeless" on a spoke rim with a tube. I ordered tube type TKC's but got a rear tube type and a front tubeless. That, I will pursue in a different forum.

I will be visiting family somewhere in the mountains near Gatlinburg TN from Nov4-6. I have been there once before and swore I wouldn't go back without the dualsport in the back of the truck. Meet me for a day run?

PM me if you want.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:38 AM   #39
S Won
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 746
I've been busy!

Chad,
That sounds great but... unfortunately I'll be working that weekend. My scheduale is made out a year in advance. All my vacation is used up because, I've been busy on this for most of the summer. Well, we started it August 1st. Hopefully, I'll have the roof panels on this weekend. There are 14 of them. We're starting that tomorrow morning.

Right now, I'm considering selling the 950 and going with a lighter bike! I need to get a new battery for it and get it back together. If I get a lighter bike maybe we could do some of the TAT next summer? I'll deserve a vacation by then. My wife is so happy with me I could talk her into anything! I have also considered dualsporting my '05 Yamaha WR250F, if I don't get the new '07 KTM 525 EXC that I want. Did I mention that the TE510 is looking very good to me too? All of my lawn care equipment is made by Husqvarna.

We'll have plenty of room for visitors in the new house and my old house is going to be converted into a guest house and bike shop. It would be great to start the TAT in West Virginia, when they get that portion setup. Just a thought! Ride up on the ATs and swap over to a new set of knobbies that you could buy locally and away we go! I could take 2 weeks off easy!

We'll do a ride sometime I'm sure!

Later,
Sam

S Won screwed with this post 09-14-2006 at 06:33 AM
S Won is offline   Reply With Quote