User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2008, 06:16 PM   #46
Wylie
Back in the saddle again

Oddometer: 2,234
Rotella T baby!

I started to look into the oils and colder temps and came up with a synthetic answer.
http://autos.yahoo.com/maintain/repa...ques120_1.html

And then there are all the claims by a compAmsy not often mentioned here because of the relentlessness of the marketing they do.

Okay, screw it, stop the world I'm getting off.

Wylie screwed with this post 10-28-2008 at 06:26 PM
Wylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:13 PM   #47
G.Kennedy

Oddometer: 1,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff Tunica
..........., 660 kit, rally cam,.........

Curious where you sourced these two items???? I thought they were unobtainium in the States.

My '02 is about to pass 25,000 miles ... running perfectly, but I am considering tearing down this winter and doing valves, cambearing and chain ... figure if I am in there I will do the rings. But .. if I could make it a 660 ...hmmm

I would like your thoughts on the 660 .... fyi ... still using a BST here, not sure if 660 and BST go together.
IBA#11791
G.Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:28 AM   #48
Tuff Tunica
Moto-Skiveez creator

Oddometer: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Kennedy
Curious where you sourced these two items???? I thought they were unobtainium in the States.

My '02 is about to pass 25,000 miles ... running perfectly, but I am considering tearing down this winter and doing valves, cambearing and chain ... figure if I am in there I will do the rings. But .. if I could make it a 660 ...hmmm

I would like your thoughts on the 660 .... fyi ... still using a BST here, not sure if 660 and BST go together.
Can't help with the BST compatability question, as for the parts try this http://www.ktmax.de/indexa.htm. And YES as far as I know they are unobtainable in the states. But you can get them abroad and have them sent. Let me know if you need more info.
Tuff Tunica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:58 PM   #49
AdventureDave
MMMMM Bundy!

Oddometer: 691
625 SXC oil cooler

I thought I would revive this old thread and see if anybody has come up with anything creative for adding an oil cooler to a 625 sxc, LC4 or 640 ADV? I have the Australian delivery model with the oil in the frame, so I already have the 1.9 litres but keeping it cooler and adding another few hundred mls would be good.

After searching it seems that Setrab and Jagg have the best 'bike suitable' oil coolers to start from. The 660 rallye nav tower mounted is over $1000 so isnt really a sensible option.

Does the twin air model connect easily to the LC4 motor?

All input, thoughts, meanderings are welcome.

Cheers

David
AdventureDave is offline   Reply With Quote