Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2006, 03:34 PM   #1
nwgs OP
solarfied

Oddometer: 32,362
Western Washington Touratech Sponsored GPS Ride.

Much thanks to Touratech for a fun GPS Ride Great People
Great Beer, and Good Food, Here are a few pics.

The wind whistling thru the trees sounded like the tree's were crying according to Hoda

Lake Wenatchee

Sugarloaf Peak Lookout

Hmmm Thanks for the Homemade Chili

The List
nwgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 04:41 PM   #2
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,388
Wow.. looks great.. I wish they did that over here...

what's with that orange billboard?!
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:07 PM   #3
crash a-ron
mmm...burnt steel

Oddometer: 318
Well it was a TT/Cycoactive ride...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
what's with that orange billboard?!
That's one of the shop advertising/testing bikes- everything you can imagine is on it too... I only wish my business could have a tax write-off like that!

BTW- I had a great time on the ride as well! The guys at the shop were kind/evil enough to loan me an old GPS. I'd never used one before Saturday morning when we left for the ride. Now I want one. Of course I only want the super cool nice one with the big screen! $$$$$ Maybe Santa will get me one, as most of my $ goes to monthly payments on the new bike.
1995 VMC sidecarcross rig
Seattle, Washington
crash a-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:36 AM   #4
nwgs OP
solarfied

Couple more Pics

Will the big GS Fit??

According to Yota this area burned in 88

Hoder at the Lookout

Awesome country.!!

Do we navigate this way

Or this way

The List
Old 10-03-2006, 08:02 AM   #5
viclava
Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
GPS ride

When were you guys over here? I live in Wenatchee. Trees are really starting to change colors now over here. Sounds like you had a good time.

viclava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:06 AM   #6
DantesDame
Ridin' Fool

Oddometer: 1,743
Looks like you guys had a great day! And I was on that bridge on Saturday too - sorry to have missed you!

My Saturday ride is here: http://www.dantesdame.com/06entiat.htm

http://www.dantesdame.com/ <--- Rides! Rides! Rides!!
DantesDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:22 AM   #7
nwgs OP
solarfied

Nice ride

Hey Dantes nice ride report.
Surprised you didnt see about 30 bikes heading your way.
We are tentative (weather ) about another fall trip. Out of Enumclaw
Fs 70 over the top of Bald Mt. Ellensburg, Liberty, over the top and back 90
I will post it next week and all are welcome. It will be an overnight with camping at Bald Mountain.

The List
Old 10-03-2006, 09:36 AM   #8
GB
Mod Squad

Great pics
Old 10-03-2006, 10:35 AM   #9
Viser
Yeeeeaaaahhh!

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash a-ron
That's one of the shop advertising/testing bikes- everything you can imagine is on it too... I only wish my business could have a tax write-off like that!

BTW- I had a great time on the ride as well! The guys at the shop were kind/evil enough to loan me an old GPS. I'd never used one before Saturday morning when we left for the ride. Now I want one. Of course I only want the super cool nice one with the big screen! $$$$$ Maybe Santa will get me one, as most of my $ goes to monthly payments on the new bike.
Hmmm, you must have been on the Husky . Nice bike!

Good report, NorthwestGS, short and sweet. Most of us (Yanks) wish we where there!
Old 10-03-2006, 11:13 AM   #10
Whammo
Nature's toothbrush

Oddometer: 2,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash a-ron
Touratech KTM (aka BackOrder 950)
Old 10-03-2006, 11:35 AM   #11
nwgs OP
solarfied

Backorder

Touratech KTM (aka BackOrder 950)

Yes I made the off handed comment that I hoped the promised Chili and Beer were not on backorder.
They werent and it was great.
Fire Cooked MMMMMMMM

The List
Old 10-03-2006, 12:11 PM   #12
Hoder
Card carrying greeny

Oddometer: 1,019
A big thanks to all of you at CycoActive / Touratech for inviting us on this little (430 miles for me) shindig! Not only did they fix up some awsome chili (none of that canned Nally's.), but they bought the beer
I was expecting a couple cases of animal beer or something. Oh no, this was a most yummy microbrew in a keg. You guys rock! Sorry to hear about your little incident Kimo, hope you'll fill us in with all the gory details. My camera must have jumped a setting in my pocket so I had to do some color fixin' last night. I'll try to get some pics up tonight. I hope everyone else on the ride had as much fun as I did and has some more pics to add.

Dave:
The 610 really makes me want to ride like a punk everywhere I go.
bikefrk:
You now understand supermoto.
Your training is complete.
Hoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:22 AM   #13
Hoder
Card carrying greeny

Ok so I'm still going through a bit of photoclusterfuckia. I'm moving from Photobucket to Smugmug & still have some color issues. Anyway here's a couple from the first day:

This is a Hotel / Resteraunt / Lounge in Index, WA. It was closed as we went by. I hope it's only temporary, this looks like an awsome spot to spend the night on any Adv ride or just a getaway with the wife / girlfriend. Index is one of the coolest little mountain towns you'll ever see. I found this little tidbit on the internet:
Index - The Bush House Country Inn - In 1889 the Bush House was built. It was built for miners who where moving to Index. At the turn of the century there was a young woman named Annabel that came to Index to wed. Her future husband worked in the mines. Well there was an explosion and word got down the valley to Annabel that her husband to be had been killed in the explosion. After getting word of this she hung herself. Turned out that her future husband had not been killed and went to get Annabel and found that she was dead. Rumor is that he then killed himself. Annabel’s ghost still haunts The Bush House today. Along with some other people that have died there. She hung herself in room 9. And table 2 is Annabel’s table.

Now we're starting to get somewhere. Out of Index & past a bunch of jeep area. I could spend a lot of time on the Husky out here. After a bit we came to an old railroad tunnel that I wish I had a pic of. Then this little bridge over the tunnel. Yes Dan, your elephant will fit:

The bridge drops us onto this. I believe this is the old highway before Hwy 2 was built. It dead-ends at the little bridge so there's no traffic.

We stopped a couple miles up this road for lunch at a perfectly clear stream. Can you see the fish?

Dave:
bikefrk:
Old 10-05-2006, 11:02 AM   #14
GB
Mod Squad

Wow! Those are great pics and what a lovely route!! Sure looks good from this desk space!
Old 10-05-2006, 09:07 PM   #15
Hoder
Card carrying greeny

After Lunch

So after lunch we're off & the road becomes gravel. A nice little ride to what I believe was the most beautiful spot of the journey. I really wanted to stay here............
forever.

I've been mountain biking up here a couple times in the past & have seen things that made me want to leave my life behind. This is the way things should be.

After a bit the road turned into more of a trail. Lots of fun with the erosion control mounds providing some entertainment for the Husky. It's hard to believe NorthestGS had never ridden off road before our last ride. Here he is coming up the trail. This guy can ride.

At the top of this trail we met 2 guys on bikes asking if we had a truck to give a girl who had broken her arm a ride. I have no idea why they didn't give her a ride. A ways down the trail me & Yota stopped to check out the view. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's lake Wenatchee down there.

Yota & NorthwestGS in the burn. I stopped to wait for them & took my helmet off. The sound of the wind through the trees was incredible. If you can, imagine 10,000 wet fingers rubbing glass. As Dan said, it was as if the trees were still crying in pain from their demise.

We took a little side route up to the fire tower. How it survived the burn is beyond me. Here's some views from the tower. The road below was awsome with 50-60 mph speeds & some light ruts & more erosion control for the Husky's entertainment.

Yota on the way down

We finally got to camp I think sometime after 6:00. The first thing I hear is "Hey, did that thing have a license plate on it?" with a big grin & a beer to console me. I was on to a good buzz after that so here's my one crappy camp photo. I counted one Husky (mine), 2 KLR's, 2 KTM 950's, & a whole buncha Beemers of every flavor from Yota's Funduro to the wicked HP2 and everything in between. More later.

Dave:
bikefrk:

Hoder screwed with this post 10-05-2006 at 09:13 PM