Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2007, 11:19 PM   #1516
Max Kool
Xtankteam™

Oddometer: 3,229
SW-Motec has strted producing add-ons for the Xchallenge as well.

The Xcountry grabrails are good for picking up your bike after you have dropped it, and to tie luggage to. For a topcase the Motec of TT luggage rack is much better. But I don't see yet how I would grab the rear of my bike with these nice rear racks when I am stuck in a ditch....

The Motec rack:

Max Kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:09 AM   #1517
Steady
Flogster

Oddometer: 281
Primary sprocket

We could use an index on this thread.

Perhaps those in the know could tell me if the front sprocket from the 650 gs range will fit the XChallenge.

Thanks.
Steady
Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:10 AM   #1518
Max Kool
Xtankteam™

Yes they will fit. I have a 14 tooth front sprocket on mine. Bought one for an F650GS.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:26 AM   #1519
jack splash
Two Sheds

Oddometer: 2,292
Acerbis Aux Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by shardzero
I have been waiting patiently for someone to say they have one, but no longer, it has to be said!

WHERE ARE THE TOURATECH FUEL TANKS FOR THE G650X???
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...72350&page=103

Were past the middle of 2007 I would like to buy one now.

Anyone have any news or special contacts, or other ways to increase fuel capacity. I guess the HP2 rear tank would fit (Wunderlich) and I have seen the MecaSystems adaptation (speculated) on the right rear.

Who has installed the Ohlins shock and where did you buy it from and how much did it cost. Did you notice a difference?

Here's the best I could come up with.

You need a siphon to get the gas out, but it works.

Jack

www.pinebarrens500.org
www.pinebarrensadventures.com
jack splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:38 AM   #1520
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack splash
Here's the best I could come up with.

You need a siphon to get the gas out, but it works.

Jack
Cool mod Jack! Does the tank have a low point tap on it? Can you tee into the pump feedline? If you could get the tank plugged in you're golden.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:45 AM   #1521
Max Kool
Xtankteam™

I just can't stop thinking of this side tank:

Old 08-15-2007, 08:57 AM   #1522
ride no evo
Suck it Trebek

Oddometer: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicychili
Grab rails from the country cost just as much if not more than the small TT rack. And yes TT is the only game in town right now.

I mounted a pelican 1400 case to my small TT rack and have though about putting a koplin 1 gallon can on top of that.

the case works well.

Wow that small TT rack seems alot smaller in tha catalog......but with a pelican on it looks pretty good...........thanks for making me spend more money!!!!!!!!!

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill

"I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence..." - Gandhi

You can save $5 on a smugmug subscription use coupon KyCiOLxqIwDIk
ride no evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:38 AM   #1523
slide
A nation in despair

Oddometer: 21,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride no evo
Wow that small TT rack seems alot smaller in tha catalog......but with a pelican on it looks pretty good...........thanks for making me spend more money!!!!!!!!!
i wonder what the rated carrying capacity of that rack is. I'm thinking the guy loads up the Pelican and then adds 6 lbs of fuel - he may be over loading some support structure - but I really don't know.
slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:20 AM   #1524
Oni
Ronin

Oddometer: 1,839
Jack Splash

That looks really nice! I wonder if those Kolpin types would work with your basic set up? That's what I thought yours was at first. Might have to pick up one of those Kolpin's and bring my bike in to our metal shop guy, show him a picture of your set-up and see what thinks.
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:56 AM   #1525
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide

I think it's like Range Rover. Ford advertises them like you are going to Mongolia & over K2 with it but nobody does it. It's all image and fat smooth folks who buy them, so Ford is safe. BMW probably figures it can market the same way as Ford. It's right that 99% of the buyers will use the bikes within the design envelope. Some won't & they end up with broken engine cases by taking the marketing as a literal example of what the units can do.

Obviously a man who has no comprehension of the history of the Range Rover.

Incidentally, there are several of us on this board that own GS's and own Rover trucks. I'm in the middle of cutting my classic Rangie up to make a bobtailed vehicle that I can load on a trailer behind my motorhome and take with me when I want to explore places in Mexico that aren't suitable for either my big GS's or the Land Rover Discovery.

Guess that makes us "smooth" compared to you, right Slick?
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:04 PM   #1526
slide
A nation in despair

Oddometer: 21,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn
Obviously a man who has no comprehension of the history of the Range Rover.

[
Incidentally, there are several of us on this board that own GS's and own Rover trucks. I'm in the middle of cutting my classic Rangie up to make a bobtailed vehicle that I can load on a trailer behind my motorhome and take with me when I want to explore places in Mexico that aren't suitable for either my big GS's or the Land Rover Discovery.

Guess that makes us "smooth" compared to you, right Slick?
Are you intentionally distorting what I say?

ll repeat for you: I said it's image. Customers for Range Rovers in the US rarely use them off road. I never said it couldn't do it or anything about police. WTF is wrong with you?
slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:14 PM   #1527
Max Kool
Xtankteam™

Minimalist roadbook setup.

All,

as some may know I like to do roadbook trips every now and then. I still have big plans to turn the Xchallenge into a rally bike (fairing et all), but for october I'm going to do it minimalistic. Right there on the center of the bars. Some say that is not the ideal location, you want to have it further forward. True, and I want that in the future, but than on a seperate subframe bolted onto the bikes frame. I don't like the feel of a roadbooks weight that's too far from the center of the headstock. So I'm nog going to make a bracket like I had on the DR. On the other hand, I've been riding thousands of miles with a GPS in that exact same location, I never found that to be a problem.

Ok, I still had a Touratech roadbook, IMO and remote buttons laying around here for some time. So, tinkertime.
First I needed to fix the speedo magnet and sensor. On the Xchallenge this is real easy for there is a threaded hole on the inside of the left leg. I tnink the sensor might need some protection, but this will do in Spain. No bushes to find your way through, only rocks and sand.

Route the wire upstairs and straight into the space behind the headlight. Had to reroute the brake line as well, to make room (note my one piece leathers in the backgroud, they have shrunk around my waist 2 sizes) .

I hooked up the power to the parking light (with a fuse of course). All wires neatly tucked away behind the dash.

I mounted the roadbook and IMO with a bracket that bolts onto the bar mounts (from Touratech again):

And off we go!

As you can see, no GPS this time. Don't get lost!
Old 08-15-2007, 03:38 PM   #1528
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
Are you intentionally distorting what I say?

ll repeat for you: I said it's image. Customers for Range Rovers in the US rarely use them off road. I never said it couldn't do it or anything about police. WTF is wrong with you?

Maybe you need to rephrase what you said Slick, because it sure sounded like you were dissing a whole lot of us on this board who appreciate Land Rovers, GS's, and other bikes and vehicles capable of doing things that you don't seem to be able to accomplish.

Son, you need to cut the lace from your panties and grow up. Just because you don't think in terms of the proper applications and you cannot handle either a large GS or a Land Rover doesn't mean that others of us here can't do it

PirateJohn screwed with this post 08-15-2007 at 03:56 PM
Old 08-15-2007, 03:46 PM   #1529
Oni
Ronin

Oddometer: 1,839
Hey Pirate

Check this place out: https://www.expeditionexchange.com/

They have some good stuff. Nice guys too.

Sorry for the hi-jack...back to normal X programming.
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:38 PM   #1530
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
Dad,

Time you resigned from this thread. You don't have the intelligence to keep up. Maybe once you did, but since senility has taken root, you're just making a damn fool of yourself.

No fool like an old fool. Look in the mirror to confirm.

Dude, I've seen your posts on other threads. A child could do better, and I and everyone else regularly wipes the floor with your sorry poser ass.

Now pick up your toys. You cannot keep up with the big dogs around here. It's time for you to move on